Chapter 4: Brothers
17 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: 

:pov Arthur Ulfgaurd, Third prince of the Ulfgaurd empire:

      "Good morning your majesty" Jane happily said to me as she dusted around my room. "Jane can you get me some clothes please." I kindly asked, and she immediately headed to the door at the far side of the room. Sitting up i looked out of the window and saw a small city of many two to three storied buildings, carts and horse drawn carriages going through the many roads that lead to random places, and a small fortified walls surrounded them. It looked quite lively in the distance. As i watch these people go about there daily lives, i was organizing my thoughts and memories, many of them i have completely forgotten even before i came into this world. I remember most of my school teachings, every happy day in my life, and then my old parents. Suddenly i felt a whole punch through my heart, a long forgotten feeling of sadness and regret, i desperately wanted to see them again and tell them i am healthy and fine. Yet, i know it's impossible to contact them anyway. 

     "Your majesty here's your clothing you asked for." Jane smiled while handing me the clothing. I replied with a nod, and then turned my back away from her and started putting on my trousers while i was unaware that she didn't look away.

    "Jane whats for breakfast?" "You will have porridge your majesty, your condition is still quite severe." Jane replied as I pulled my dark blue tunic inlaid with silver designs. "Can you bring breakfast to me, i like to eat in my room for a little while. Also can you ask a other maid to bring box of parchment, not the three that stormed in after i frightened you." I asked and she replied  with a small bow with a raised eyebrow before leaving.

    After she left i headed towards the bookshelf and searched for anything that explains recent history, if not recent military history. Before heading back i grabbed three books, and sat down at one of the sofas facing away from the window and got comfortable. I started reading one of the books is called Coins before Merchants, and it listed and explained all the established merchant in the past, most of them were in direct control of nobles, and some were from our old allies. It also showed most of the known trades and deals derring and after the Fortithion Crisis and war. They traded mostly bronze but the first appearance of iron trade started around that time, as of many other interesting things. 

     I read for at least 30 minutes for the porridge and box of parchment paper to arrive, Jane set down the porridge on a nearby bedside table, and the other maid named Violet set down the box of parchment, which is at least 50 pounds, with ease, and left without a word. 

    Before i started eating i set my book on the desk with a piece of parchment as a bookmark. "Jane who is my father's advisors." I asked before i dug in. "Count Celestian is the military advisor, Count Flexing is our financial advisor." I snorted at that one which gave me a quick look from Jane "Gorand is our court magician, your uncle duke von Ulfgaurd is our military's weapons and technology head researcher, Our head tax advisor is Felix Flexing, Count Flexing son, and That's all of them." Jane said as she almost smirked from the last name. "Let's  head to my father's desk." I declared as i wiped off my mouth and walked out of the room, which made jane quickly cleaned up the finished meal, and throughed a sack full of wooden dishes on the blond guard, telling him to take it to the kitchen before she bolted towards me.

    I passed by many onlookers that is shocked that I am even walking, which made a lot of wild rumors and commotion to spread. ]

    After 15 minutes and many eyes, we finally arrived at my fathers door, and so banged the door knocker, until i heard his voice. "WHAT!" he said as he slammed the door open with crazed eyes. Behind the door the room felt like a library as there are 2 long walls filled with books, paper laying everywhere, one window, and a single desk with golden decor. "Oh its you Arthur." "No its the boogeyman." I shot back sarcastically, which made him give me a raised eyebrow. "Now i know you have a lot of questions." "I can ask Questions later." I quickly shot out "So let me tell you. Wait what?" "I can ask questions later. As of right now i need a assistant or a butler that can help me with documents." I Explained. Which made him slightly shocked that i'm not shooting him with thousands of Questions. "I can set up some people to help you." He said in a confused voice. "Thank you" I replied. "Before heading out to the library is it possible for me to start a business?" "No you can't Parlements latest law states that the Emperor can not own a business of any kind." "It says Emperor not prince." I explained to him which made him have a large smile. "I will own the business, but someone else will run it and promote their name not mine. What parlement doesn't know won't hurt them." "Alright then, I will find a noble to start a business with you." The Emperor said smiling as he gestured to his assistant to grab some papers so he can start writing. "Thank you father." I Said before leaving "I will be having dinner with you Arthur." The Emperor said, which made his assistant have a argumentative response. 

    "Jane is there anyone in the library that can help me find specific books?" "Yes there is." she replied as we both left my father's office. "lead the way." "Yes your majesty." She replied with a bow before heading south.

   "Arthur? h-how are you awake?"  someone said behind me. I soon found out who it was as i saw my younger two brothers at each other throats, staring me in shock. Apparently it was my youngest brother Fredrick who spoke, he is wearing a green tunic and brown trousers, and has black hair and some noticeable black peach fuzz on his face. My other brother Pascal just stared at me dumb, he is wearing Navy blue tunic inlaid with gold and white fabric, and white trousers,and has long dark blond hair. "I don't know. Listen to the rumors, those will definitely help." i replied sarcastically as i booked it towards the library.

What do you like about the story so far?
  • Good short plot Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detailed Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thought out Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Just good in general Votes: 0 0.0%
  • needs to be revised Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
1