Chapter 3 – He did what now?
1.1k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(AN: Work changed my off day so now I’ll be posting new chapters for both my stories Sunday’s.)

1st Vader 

After connecting the red head's mind with my own, I warned her not to interrupt me unless it was important before using the force to levitate on top of a building. This situation was perfect grounds to test my strengthened connection to the force. All the abilities I couldn’t use because my suit held me back, I could now use fully, theoretically at least.

 Looking into the sky at the never-ending swarm of aliens I decided that a big move to start would be best. That way I wouldn’t have to waste time looking for them, they’d come to me. Raising my hand in an open claw-like grasp, I focused on the force and drew upon it to carry out my will. As Sparks of red lightning started to dance across my fingers the anger inside me begged for release and for now, I was willing to oblige it. Raising my hand, I poured out my rage and pushed the force out of my body and the sky went red. Tendrils of red lightning tore through the air at extreme speeds. Disintegrating everything in its path, it wasn’t long till I became the focus of their assault.  

Watching them approach I stopped using force lightning. Feeling the significant strain on my mental strength I was reminded once again of just how powerful Palpatine was. Activating my lightsaber, I waited for their onslaught to begin. Once I fell into their range, blasts of energy started to fire towards me. 

Raising my lightsaber, I started to bat their bolts aside using my blade, directing them back towards the craft knocking down some while others manoeuvred around them. I kept at it for a couple minutes but their numbers didn’t decrease, in fact the opposite happened as I fought, more ships started to surround me and the ground around my building was being filled with... Chatauri, If I recall correctly the man in the weird suit had called them Chatauri when specifying who was an enemy and who was an ally. As they continued to surround me I decided to close my lightsaber and really push my new limits. As I deactivated my weapon, I started to use my hands; absorbing the bolts they shot into my body before expelling the energy back towards them.  

3rd POV (New York City)

To an outsider, for example the dumb news reporters who refused to leave the city even while in mortal peril and other New Yorker’s stuck in the city who are watching the fight it would look as if Vader is being overwhelmed by the enemy but for those who were more observant they could see that the opposite is happening. Vader has yet to take any damage or move from his spot. The Chatauri however are constantly losing their own. But any vacancies were quickly filled with more Chatauri so it was hard to say who would give first the Chatauri’s numbers or Vader power. 

1st POV Iron Man 

“Jarvis, what am I looking at right now?” I spoke with exasperation while watching the live feed Jarvis was providing of the battlefield. Specifically, the part where a masked man in black armour was surrounded by Chatauri and destroyed them effortlessly.

 {I’m not sure sir. There seems to be some kind of energy field surrounding him that allows him to absorb and then redistribute the energy from the Chatauri weapons.} 

“Energy field? Jarvis, can you get a read on what kind of energy he’s using?” 

{I’m afraid not sir the energy coming from him doesn’t seem to be scientific in nature but more metaphysical with a strong resemblance to the magics mentioned in folklore}

 “Oh come on J you know as well as I do that magic is a bunch of bogus. Magicians are only good for their card tricks and corny pickup lines. Magic doesn’t exist.” 

{There remains a possibility sir and after the week you’ve had I’m surprised you don’t acknowledge it.} That was a good point. The week had been crazy. First aliens are real, then gods, then godly artefacts, then an army, then an invasion, revealing magic is real is like the next kick in the crotch. It made a weird amount of sense

But still “Magic is just science that hasn’t been understood J you know that.”

 {Indeed, I do sir. So, until you discover what the energy is I will be classifying it as magic in my servers.}

 “Oh, is that a challenge J.” 

{Hardly sir, I was simply making note of the fact that despite your constant claims of omnisicence we’ve found yet another mystery you can’t solve}

  

“Can’t solve yet. I’ll figure it out eventually, I always do.”

  

{Yes. Yes you are quite amazing sir} 

“Good to know your analytical skills are still up to par J. I know I'm amazing, but I don’t have the time to focus on new kinds of energy right now. So why don’t you help me out and finish analysing it for me?” 

{Sigh...As you wish, Mr. Stark} 

Another one! Jarvis just made another irrational noise. I had noticed how actions like sighing had started to become part of Jarvis’s everyday actions. At first, I thought he had made changes to his programming to incorporate human actions but when I brought them up to him, he denied it. Since then, such actions have started occurring more often.

 I can’t wait to show Pepper the footage of this. Jarvis has been wiping the servers so I haven’t been able to get a copy and he gets more careful every time thankfully the suit has a separate memory storage that no one but me can access. HAHA suck that Jarvis I'm still the best after all. 

{Swoosh, Bang, Bang, Collusion} 

Feeling an impact on my chest I shook the distracting thoughts from my head and quickly flew up before doing a loop and spinning around so the Chitauri aircraft was directly under me before raising my repulsor and destroying the craft. Moving swiftly throughout the battlefield I tried to provide support wherever I could, but the Chatauri are to numerous. Nothing I do seems to have an impact, Reed needs to close that portal soon or they’ll escape the city eventually and then all hell will break loose. 

 Even with the masked weirdo attracting a 3rd of them we’re slowly being overwhelmed. At this rate...No failure isn’t an option. I’m Tony Stark, Afghanistan couldn’t stop me, Obediah couldn’t dethrone me, and neither Vanko nor Palladium could kill me. This is just another story to add to the memoir. While mentally hyping myself up I redoubled my efforts pushing my systems to the maximum. I was flying from street to street hitting anything that moved in the air.  

Suddenly a light lit up on my dash “Jarvis what’s going on?!”

 {I believe the reading is coming from the masked man sir. He appears to be collecting an enormous amount of energy in his body.} 

“What?” Moving quickly, I arrived at the corner of 29th street where the masked guy had made his stand only to see him standing still as the Chatauri rained down fire from all directions. But he just absorbed all of it. How is that possible? How can he just absorb such potent energy like it's nothing? If my readings are correct he’s absorbed enough energy to level this whole block already and it hasn’t stopped climbing and my readings are never wrong.

  

{Warning lights and alarms} 

{Sir, you need to move away now. The energy in his body has started to move to other areas. It looks like it’s getting prepared for expulsion!}

 “Expulsion?! Shit does this guy know what he’s doing he’ll destroy the entire block if he releases all of that! Put me through to Steve, we need to clear that block now! Jarvis, how much time till he blows?!”  

{Approximately 2 minutes sir.} 

“SHIT. Steve, can you hear me?” 

“I hear you, what's the situation?” 

 “That guy with the mask is about to destroy 29th street. Didn’t you say Red can talk to him. Well, tell her it's time to put her connections to work cause we're about to have major casualties if she doesn’t do something quick.” 

“I’ll see what I can do.” Fuck what kind of tone is that. See what I can do. Did that fossil not hear him properly this guy is a fucking lunatic. Leave it to the good ol Captain to find an insane person with unknown powers and slap an Avengers sticker on their backs. Red better have something prepared cause if not there's going to be hell to pay once this is over even if we win. 

1st POV Natasha 

Taking his hand away from his ear I watched as Steve, with an ugly expression, turned to me. “What’s the situation?”  

“Jarvis got a read on our friend in the suit and Tony says if we don’t do something soon 29th street is going to be destroyed.” 

“What!?” Shit. I should have known better. There’s no way that guy would actually do his best to help us. He’s a stranger. Whatever happens to our planet after the invasion isn’t his problem. Clearing my mind, I focus on the foreign link he planted in my mind and the next thing I know I'm standing in the middle of a desert with 3 suns overhead bearing down on me. Where am I? 

“Hey, can you hear me?!” 

“There’s no need to shout, I can hear you just fine.” Whipping my head around I see the masked man standing a few feet behind me. 

“What do you want? I told you not to contact me if it wasn’t an emergency.” 

“What do I want! What are you planning to do by releasing all the energy inside you at once? We made a deal to help you. Helping doesn’t include killing hundreds of innocents.” His head tilted slightly as if he couldn’t understand my words. Does this bastard not even consider humans as people? 

“I’m afraid you’ll have to clarify I have yet to do anything you suggest. If you are referring to my absorption of the Chaturi's blasts. Then you need not worry I won’t be releasing it in the way you are predicting.” 

Not in the way we were predicting? Does this guy think we’re stupid. How many ways are there to release such vast amounts of energy? And how many of them don’t involve the death of everything nearby. 

“I don’t have time to waste on your pointless accusations. Don’t contact me again unless it is crucial information about the enemy's position.”

 

“What!? Wai...” Before I could react I felt my mind get thrown backwards at immense speeds before arriving back in my body and stumbling slightly as I tried to reorient myself.  

“Nat are you alright?” Turning to my left I see Steve in the same position as before. There must be some kind of time dilation between mindscapes and reality. We spoke for at least 4 minutes in his mindscape and yet seemingly no time has passed in reality.

  

“I’m fine. Our “friend” says we don’t have anything to worry about. Says he’s going to release the energy in a way different from what we’re expecting so we don’t need to worry.” 

“What kind of release?” 

“He left that part out funnily enough.” 

“Alright well. Let's start making our way there and help evacuate people as far as possible. Whatever he's trying to do, it isn't going to be without collateral damages.” 

1st POV Vader 

Exiting my mindscape just in time to dodge a blast that would have hit my head. I start to regret giving that girl a mind link. To interrupt me in this situation just because they're worried that I'm absorbing too much energy. Do they take me for a fool? Pushing those annoying thoughts to the back of my mind, I refocus on the task at hand. In the end none of these people matter. I’ll clear up this invasion and then head on my way with the Asgardian back to a planet in the central systems. 

Feeling my energy capacity reach the necessary levels I finish my preparations and begin to rapidly converge the energy into my core before expelling it all with a shout {Hahhhhh} Immediately following my call a shockwave erupts from my body and ripples into my surroundings for about 150 metres covering the entirety of the building and the chatuari in the sky.

 {silence, whistle} 

For a second after my shout everything goes quiet before everything around me quietly disintegrates into ash. Star Killers signature ability; seems I can use it now with my improved body as well. But oddly enough, even though it's satisfying not having to worry about damaging my suit or overloading my body I feel like my reaction is lacking. Like I should be feeling more than I am.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts I look up and observe my surroundings where both the Chatuari and the planet's defenders (AKA avengers) stood still gapping at me. Hmmm, how odd with the level they’ve shown something like this shouldn’t be to out of there expectations right? Well it mattered not. Turning to face the Chatuari that were flying restlessly nearby I extended my hand and used an ancient sith ability I read about in Sidious’s library on Mustafar called Morichro.

Morichro allowed the user to rapidly slow down the body functions of the target, killing them. And sure enough the Chatuari started to drop out of the air like flies as their organic parts gave out completely.

Taking a minute to collect my breath I looked back at the defenders and chuckled to myself when they collectively took a step back. 

“Don’t let me hog all the fun. Please have at them, there’s enough to go around.” Gesturing in front of me as more Chatuari fell from the sky and sped towards us I spoke to them before jumping to a new building leaving their shocked faces behind me.

49