Chapter 5 – I tried being polite
1.2k 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

{Kuuuuuuh Kerr} 

The deafening silence that had befallen the battlefield was interrupted by the harsh sound of Vader’s breathing. His presence so infused with the force was causing even his breath to twist the air as he struggled to keep the power flowing through him contained lest he destroy the city by accident.

{Kuuuuuuh Kerr}

Observing the new enemies in front of him Vader tried to identify any of the 3 different races he could pick out amongst them. When nothing matched, a feeling of dread began to overcome him. A backwater planet with strong inhabitants was one thing.

 However, for him to have not heard of one of the 3 admittedly gifted races in front of him was something else completely. Especially when they already possessed teleportation technology capable of moving whole armies. 

{Kuuuuuuh Kerr}

It wasn’t possible, Vader concluded silently. Technology like that didn’t get developed without notice. The assassin had called Thor and Loki God’s, such a title wasn’t chosen lightly. To call themselves God’s there people must have had many encounters with other races and determined they were far superior.

 The outer rim wasn’t so populated. That was on top of the fact that if Sidious had ever gotten wind of a race that considered themselves God’s he would have destroyed them out of spite for daring to aim for a position above the Emperor.

{Kuuuuuuh Kerr}

That meant that wherever he was now was far farther from his home then he thought. Most likely, during his time as an astral projection he crossed through a wormhole and arrived in an alternate universe. He would need technology of a significantly higher level then what the Asgardian had just shown to get home. 

{Kuuuuuuh Kerr}

While Vader pondered on the new complications with his ‘resurrection’ he failed to notice his enemies reactions to his sudden appearance. The Frost Giants that had led the charge sprinting forward with reckless abandon were now slowly retreating backwards, cowering behind the figures of Loki, Amora, and Uilk. 

Loki and Amora were both sporting looks of fear poorly masked behind false bravadO. The only person who seemed unaffected by Vader’s towering presence was Uilk who only seemed to grow more excited. Thor had used the distraction brought about by Vader’s entrance to slam his hammer into Skurge's skull knocking him unconscious.  

“Surrender.” Vader’s mechanical voice carried across the battlefield as he spoke. “Your defeat is assured but if you choose to surrender I will be merciful. Leave behind your weapons and aid us in shutting down the portal. Refuse and you will face the full power ofThe Force.”

Vader’s tone stayed neutral and mechanical throughout his speech but he slowly loosened his hold on the force as he spoke. Starting as thin tendrils by the end of his speech the force was akin to a tsunami slamming down onto the street. The pavement around him cracked and splintered and metal street poles twisted and collapsed under the pressure.

A sneer played across Loki’s lips upon hearing Vader, ignoring the damaged surroundings he strode forward confidently. “ Did you think a paltry trick like that would work on me? I’m the God of mischief. I invented the art of lying. You’re bluffing, all of this is but merely posturing and possessing to hide the fact that you’ve exhausted yourself. Well don’t think for a moment your… Kuhck.”

With but a curl of his fingers Vader cut off Loki’s ramblings as he slowly raised his hand. Loki’s body moved in tandem with Vader’s hand and rose off the ground. Gasping as he struggled for breath Loki desperately kicked at the air as if trying to wrestle an invisible phantom off his body.

Snapping out of their stupors at the overwhelming display of power Amora and Uilk both rushed forward to stop Vader but were intercepted half-way by the gathered heroes. A recovered Hulk alongside Thing clashed against Uilk’s Uru knuckles.

Meanwhile, Thor met Human Torch in the air while Hawkeye, Black Widow, Wasp, and the remaining heroes battled Amora. Surveying the battlefield briefly Vader started to march towards Loki and what remained of the Frost Giants. Simultaneously Vader continued to use his telekinetic powers to destroy any Chitauri that made it past the other heroes.

While marching, Vader's spread senses picked up on other enhanced individuals around the city who had continued to fight off the Chitauri while they battled Loki and his army. He observed a boy in a weird ass costume swinging from what seemed to be synthetic webs saving people and destroying Chitauri craft when he could. Another adult man in an even weirder costume(red with horns) was fighting a squad of Chitauri using tactical warfare to make up for the difference in numbers.

A man with a glowing fist was using much the same method. The biggest surprise came from the last two. First there was a large man who was capable of facing blaster shots from the Chitauri head on while taking little to no damage. The other was from a woman who was flying around smashing into Chitauri who’d taken up perches on buildings around the city

Considering the surprise that was constantly floating around the man of Iron who was monitoring from the top of his building, Vader guessed that these individuals had previously been unknown. That spoke volumes of just how unprepared this planet truly was for alien invasions. However, despite how unready the planet seemed, Vader couldn’t deny that even without his help these “heros” would have been more than enough on their own to deal with the invasion.

In Vader’s experience the only situation which results in such a disparity between the population is a super corrupt government. The senate had been similar. It’s why they’d lost so much ground during the start of the Clone Wars. The people who held power within the senate had their planets surrounded by personal armies and some even had Jedi on their payrolls. Everyone else was left to duke it out over scraps barely able to make police forces much less armies. And the Trade Federation being one of the former top dogs knew exactly where to hit for maximum benefits. 

Something similar must have happened on this planet where all the resources were poured into very select organisations and considering there were 2 spies a part of the so called “Avengers” Vader was assured he had made the right conclusion. Stopping in front of Loki, Vader slowly lowered Loki onto his knees while reaching to his waist and grabbing a hold of his lightsaber.

Bringing the blade up to his shoulder Vader released his hold on Loki’s throat allowing him to speak but keeping his body on the ground. “Any last words Fake God?”

Vader didn’t enjoy wasting time but despite their uselessness for his own situation it was clear to him that Asgardians were held in high regard by Earth’s people. He would never leave an enemy alive but he could at least allow this “God” his final words to satisfy his Asgardian brethren. 

“HAhhaha. Don’t make me laugh, a mortal as pathetic as you could never defeat a god. Look at yourself, more machine than man, it must be horrible for your family. But you know that already don’t you? You’ve felt the disgust they try to hide when they’re near you. The fear they try to hide when you approach them. Last words? I have nothing to say to an emotionless monster. Be done with it.” Finished with his taunting rant Loki lowered his head in surrender before trying to activate his magic.

However, to his horror his magic was being suppressed by the same force holding his body. Looking back up Loki felt his blood freeze as the Masked Crusader who had single handedly ruined his invasion shook with rage. It was the first visible reaction he’d shown since his arrival and the primal fear it sparked in Loki made him desperately wish for his former apathy to return. Unfortunately when Vader’s shaking finally ceased it was not due to the return of his apathy but that his grip on his lightsaber was so tight any more movement might lead to the weapons destruction.

Without another word Vader’s arm swung down with a tremendous force splitting apart the air and the battlefield behind Loki as it fell. Time seemed to stop as everyone’s eyes turned towards them. Even Hulk and Uilk froze in place as the sabre descended towards its target.

Loki’s face was pale with fear and regret as he desperately struggled to get out of his bindings aiming for the moment Vader became sure of his kill and relaxed his guard to make a last ditch escape. But his grip never let up for even after his death the anger Loki had brought out of Vader wouldn’t be quenched until Loki’s corpse was nothing but ash.

{swish} {Blitz} {Bang}

Right before Vader’s lightsaber could fell Loki Vader abruptly turned his body and swung his lightsaber towards the hammer that was barreling at him. Holding the hammer in a deadlock with his lightsaber, Vader looked past the weapon, observing Thor’s unhurt appearance as he stood over the now unconscious Human Torch. 

“Stop right there friend of SHIELD. Loki is of Asgard and will face punishment amongst Asgardians. His fate is not for you to decide.” Listening to Thor’s bullshit speech almost snapped Vader out of his rage at the sheer stupidity he spoke with. Did he not realise the effect his words had on others? He had just dismissed all the people he was fighting with as lesser than the person invading their planet.

If he’d been in a calmer mood Vader might have tried to use the extensive political knowledge Sidious had taught him to manipulate the situation to his advantage. Too bad for Loki he’d pooked Vader in his freshest and perhaps most vulnerable wound. Vader’s rationality was fading with every second that went by. If he didn’t take it out on Loki soon then he’d have to discharge it using another method. The problem was with his power amplified by Oneness, any move Vader made to release his anger would probably destroy the city.

Processing all this in less than a second Vader enhanced his legs before taking a rapid side step to his left. Thor’s hammer with nothing to hold it in place flew past Vader and before Thor could start calling it back Vader turned his body sideways and tossed his lightsaber at Thor. The deadly blade flew towards Thor forcing him to give up on calling his hammer and jump over the blade. Taking that chance Vader threw Thor backwards knocking him across the city. Turning back to face Loki who Vader had made sure was kept locked in under his power he raised a hand and called upon the art that had made Mace Windu famous Shatterpoint.

Without even observing what the force tried to show him, Vader threw his arm forward with as much power as he could put into it, trusting in the Force to ensure he’d hit his target. 

{Squelch}

He wasn’t disappointed. His hand pierced through Loki’s lungs and exited through the back of his body. Nowhere near finished Vader’s hand crackled with lightning before the dense red bolts began to lash at every inch of Loki’s body ensuring that his final moments were as painful as possible. Seconds later Loki’s body splintered and cracked before disappearing into ash as Thor’s cry of pain echoed from across the city.

Turning to meet the raging Alien. Vader raised his hand once more but instead of throwing Thor away he pulled him forwards. Caught off guard Thor lost control of his body and Vader used this gap to once more activate Shatterpoint. Taking the time to thoroughly scan over Thor’s figure this time Vader finally settled on a point near Thor’s right shoulder. If hit with the right amount of force it should knock Thor unconscious.

Projecting what he wanted into the force proved much harder this time the darkside craved death and destruction but Vader was no longer a slave to such lesser impulses and he hadn’t been for a long time. Shoving his anger back into its cage Vader dodged Thor’s poor attempt at hitting him and knocked him unconscious.

As Thor’s body collapsed onto the ground Vader turned to face his few remaining opponents. Of them the only one he considered to be of any importance was Uilk. Amora was basically a nightsister and Vader has grown tired of their boring sorcery tricks. Sticking his hand out towards Amora he called upon the force and sent it into the earth beneath them. Before she could react Amora was penetrated from every direction by thick girthy earthen pillars.

Turning towards Uilk, Vader used a force orb to create a sphere without oxygen around his body. Uilk felt the effects quickly and began to run towards Vader but was constantly interrupted by Hulk and Thing. Soon enough he fell to the ground just as dead as his allies.

Ignoring the remaining Frost Giants Vader looked upwards as the force sent him a warning of something dangerous fast approaching the city. 

“Guys Stark just sent word. There’s a Nuke heading straight for the city. If we don’t do something about it it will kill millions.” Natasha spoke up from her position crouched next to Steve on the ground.


Sighing to himself, Vader began to float in the air once more towards Stark tower. 

“What a troublesome planet.”

47