Chapter nine
595 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter nine

“Come now Asteride, you know I would never do such a thing,” said Rhea. “Brigid always had issue with Gaia’s teachings, preferring the strength and power of Agni the fire god.”

“That may be true Rhea, we still deserve answers though” said Asteride.

“Yes, and you will get them soon. Just remember that Brigid is a long way away now and is studying at the temple of Agni, she should no longer be your concern.” She looked at Francesca as she said that.

She was still Brigid’s mother, wanting the best for her child, she didn’t want a jaded person hunting after her. Especially Francesca who she worked with almost daily, Francesca was her student, almost a replacement daughter.

“I can’t just forget what happened to my mother,” said Francesca.

“True, and I don’t expect you to. However, you have other things to worry about now, yes?” she asked Francesca indicating her friend Evelynn next to her. The new Saintess.

Francesca sighed “I guess you are right; revenge might have to wait. We still need to know the truth though.”

“Well in that regard I can share what I know, you deserve to know after these years of strife” replied Rhea dipping her head. She sighed, “you see, you encompass the teachings of Gaia more than she ever will, growth through suffering, strength through difficulties, I’m sure I don’t need to explain to you of all people.”

“Brigid on the other hand, well she would rather use strength to take what she wanted, a consuming force. The teachings of the older style of Agni if you are unaware.”

“Yes, I was aware of Brigid’s issues Rhea, what does this have to do with it” demanded Asteride.

“Well, in her misguided youth she dreamed of a close union between our church and the guild, egged on by tales of your adventures by Francesca… She thought she could just take it for herself, I of course did not know this at the time, I would have stopped her if I did, she was a fool to do it” she said with a sour face.

Evelynn and Peter stood to the side unsure of what to do as the three discussed the finer details of their past.

- - - - -

Peter pulled Evelynn aside and began thanking her, “I don’t know what you have done but you did something, thank you. It has been difficult for all of us.”

“Oh I, it was nothing really, I had to say something once I knew” said Evelynn blushing softly. “I was just looking out for my friend.”

“No really, you are a true Saintess” he continued, “but how did you do it I wonder?”

“I uh, you know… Used my Saintess powers” she said waving a hand in front of her like she was making a spell.

“Really? That’s amazing, you must be truly chosen by God” he praised her, “when did you manage to do that? Surely it was difficult?”

“No! It was simple really, I done it last night. Well after practicing the night before” she exclaimed proudly.

“Oh? Is that so?” he asked, eyebrow raised inquisitively.

“Yup, super simple, I just practiced the night before. I must have had divine guidance or something” she provided cheerfully.

“And this practice, what did it involve?” he questioned her.

‘Oh shit, I practiced on him’ she thought. “Um nothing much really, just praying and stuff.”

“Hmmm, are you sure? You didn’t happen to meet any hobbits that night?” he asked.

“I, uh, what do you mean? Hobbits?” she said, feeling flustered.

“Why would the hobbit have your tail on it” he questioned her. “And why is your tail still in my dreams?”

“My tail? What, why is it…” She asked, not knowing what he was talking about, but it sounded alarming.

Pulling her tail around she looked at it, it was just a tail yeah? Sure, it could… do things, but it was a tail right?

Looking up she could see Peter reaching out to grab her tail! She hid it behind herself.

“I don’t know! I just done a tiny edit on your dream and now you are saying I marked you or something?” She was panicking and frustrated, she had invaded Peter’s privacy and he had caught her.

Peter sighed, “so you don’t even know how you really done it?”

“No!” she exclaimed, softly, as they were trying not to interrupt the others.

“Calm, its not the worst thing ever. It’s not harming me, maybe a little distracting when you wave your tail around. If you can remove it though, please?”

“I ah, I don’t know. Maybe? I think now is not the time to try though?” She told him truthfully.

“Fine, but please, try tonight. I would rather not… be enamored by your behind” he said with a scowl.

“Yes, certainly I will try! And I’m sorry for entering your dreams Peter, I know it was wrong” said Evelynn apologizing.

“Don’t worry, the stories say of the Saintess often having to struggle to come to terms with her powers, we sort of expected something like this” explained Peter.

“Oh? Like what? I haven’t heard of any other Saintess before” she asked.

“Well, the Saintess that probably had the most difficulty was about 400 years ago. She was a vampire Saintess, ate her way through several adventure teams before she learned to control her bloodlust.”

Evelynn shivered at that, it was something to be made a succubus and a fairy and have your gender swapped. But to be turned into a bloodthirsty killer? No thanks! This normal lust is bad enough!

“And others? Are there any fairy or succubus Saintess?” she asked, wanting to know if there were any like her.

“There’s been a few fairy ones, not sure about succubus. Maybe?” he replied. “But enough about that for now. They are about to finish here, and I think Francesca will need you after this.”

She nodded, her respect for Peter now much higher than it was before, she thought he was rude to her because she was a girl. But really, he was just looking out for the Guild master. He was even understanding about her using her powers on them all.

Rhea thanked Asteride and Francesca for being understanding then turned to Evelynn and said, “and you Saintess, I think you have done a good enough job here.”

“Thank you, priestess,” she replied as Rhea presented her the ring, silver with a large blue stone, now closer she could see the runic symbols carved into it. “I was only looking out for my friend though. And I am sorry about your daughter…”

“It’s fine, the past is the past after all. She has now found her path in life even if it might differ from my own” explained Rhea. “Now, I have a piece of information for you, but first a request that if you do ever see my daughter, could you please make sure her son is, ok? I’m sure the Guild master here would agree with that much?”

The guild master nodded in reply “certainly, it is my flesh and blood also, it would be nice to know he is well.”

“Father!” began Francesca.

He cut her off with, “no, Francesca, I won’t allow you to blame him anymore. This is not the fault of some child.”

“Ahh fine, but I’m not helping him” she said in defeat.

“That’s ok Francesca, I don’t expect you to” said Rhea, “but if the Saintess ever does meet him, perhaps she could check?”

“Sure, I don’t mind. Although I may never see him” said Evelynn, “I don’t mind helping if I do.”

“Good, and now, I have some information for you. Your mother is in the Lockwood Forest beneath the Lockwood Mountain, seek her out and she might have something to give you.”

“Huh! My mother? She is here?” asked Evelynn in fright, she thought she had left that world behind!

“Haha, not your old mother, you have a new mother. From here, a Fairy mother” Rhea explained to her.

She was gob smacked, “I have a mother?”

“Of course, you do dear, everyone has to have a mother after all” Rhea said with a smile.

“And I just go there and meet with her?” she asked, she would be going up to a stranger and calling her mum. It was weird.

“Sure, maybe take some sweets with you” Rhea chuckled.

“Oh, ok… Thank you?” she said.

“Anytime, now. Was there anything else? Would you like to pray with me anyone?” she said looking around.

“Sorry not right now Rhea, busy and all that” said the guild master.

“Fine, suit yourself, maybe I’ll get you next time” she said with a wink.

Evelynn turned around to her friends and asked “we can go though, right? To see my mother?”

Francesca nodded quickly, and the guild master said “I, guess we can. Just take a few quests in that direction, consider it your training.”

“Yay! Thank you,” she turned back to Rhea, “and thank you Rhea, you are a great priestess. Now I can meet my mum!” with a hug.

- - - - -

Back at the guild with higher spirits now, the guild master was picking out a quest trail for them to take where they would do a handful of quests that would lead them in a loop.

It looked boring, and Evelynn was glad she didn’t have to help. She wondered if it was her fairy side doing that, she would have loved to plan adventures in her past life.

It was odd, she had been busy for days since she arrived. She used to be lazy.

Interrupting her from her thoughts, Francesca suggested they pick up her armor that she ordered.

So, they walked together to the blacksmith, Francesca ordered some meat on a stick along the way. She said it was deer meat, the surrounding forest had plenty of deer.

Evelynn just had a bite of Francesca’s; she didn’t eat a lot anymore. It tasted nice, gamey and strong flavor though.

She wiped off a bit of juice dribbling down her chin as they walked into the blacksmith.

Inside it was hot, but this time the Dwarf didn’t affect her so badly. She still blushed, especially when he made her hold her arms out and widen her stance so he could fit the items.

They were a nice leather pair of vambraces with a pair of matching greaves, a piece of metal running down one side on each of them.

She fitted the leather skirt herself.

It was a leather belt, with strips of leather hanging off it, the same leather used on her limb armor. It has a stud at the bottom of each strip.

They thanked the blacksmith and left for the guild hall, they had to prepare for their travels. They will be leaving tomorrow, and it would be for at least a week. It would take a couple of days to reach the foot of the mountain, and they would be questing along the way.

Once outside, she found it was harder to fly, her armor weighing her down enough to make a difference. It wasn’t bad per say, but it would slow her down a little, and make it more tiring.

She decided she wouldn’t wear her armor often. Most people didn’t unless they were on a quest or something.

Plus, it was easy to equip with her inventory. Not instant, it would take a few seconds to place them all. But quick enough, she had plenty of back up in her endurance and healing skills. Also, Francesca would be with them.

The guild master also explained that was why she had such a large shield, most people carried one if they had inventory. She could barely hold it, but she could summon it like a barrier if she really needed to, so why not?

She was all set for tomorrow now, still unsure of what their quests were, but they would finalize all that in the morning. With the guild master there they didn’t need to worry about it too much, he was a high level for the area.

The guild also gave her a few basic supplies like blankets and travelers rations for emergency. The others would have most of their camping gear though, she carried a lot of their food.

They returned to Francesca’s for the night, she was still staying with her apparently.

She lay in bed examining the ring she had received, the ring of the Saintess, it looked very nice, surely it had a great magical effect.

And to be honest it wasn’t bad.

Ring of the Saintess

20% bonus to mana

+20 will power.

May store 1 item indefinitely. [Potion of Magical Prowess]

 

And it looks like it has an item inside of it? She took a moment to figure out how it worked, simple. Just add mana to the gemstone. ‘Of course,’ she sighed to herself ‘why did I try opening it?’

The potion was blue, there were slivers of silver in there though, dancing around. It looked amazing, like a magical lava lamp.

Potion of magical prowess

Intense increase in Willpower, increase in magical resistance for 2 minutes.

 

Ok sounded, useful? The ring was useful, she would probably have a lot of mana in the future.

The potion was a one off, and why was it in the ring? Was the ring special, or the potion or both? Surely the ring was special. She would ask in the morning, they had to sleep early tonight to leave in the morning.

Saying goodnight to Francesca, who had been rather quiet since the big talk, she got a muted reply, but a small smile and a thank you. Tonight, Francesca wanted to share the bed, she was feeling a bit down and felt bad for how she had treated Evelynn.

Evelynn gave her a hug for a while before rolling over and falling asleep.

- - - - -

Stats:

Spoiler

Evelynn

Age: 32

Race: Fairy/Succubus

Class: Saintess of blood and sacrifice and $L@V3R7

Strength: 5 (+10)

Dexterity: 49

Endurance: 29 (+50)

Intelligence: 82

Willpower: 10 (+30)

Spirit: LOCKED

Mana: 220/220 (+44/44)

RACIAL PERKS: [Absorb], [Smol wings], [Dream Shaping], [Heart tail], [Evolved Pheromones], [Ethereal], [Fay Healing]

CLASS PERKS: [Holy Blood magic], [Sacrifice], [Saintess holy relics - equipped], [Prayer], [Guidance]

[collapse]
Thank you everyone for the support it really means a lot.

Sorry if this chapter is a bit of a rushed closing to some plot lines, but it's time to leave beginner town.

Also be aware that I added [Absorb] as a racial skill, she's always had it and has used it before (chapter 3) so should probably be on there.

Cat-girls go Nya?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
21