Aspect (1)
270 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 1 Month 0

It has been several days since I obtained the aspect of hearing, and within this short span of time, numerous events unfolded around me. Merely by listening to my surroundings, I absorbed a wealth of information. I underwent a tremendous learning experience, including the discovery of my own name: Yhwach.

This realization unsettled me to some extent. 

The name Yhwach held a familiarity from my previous life. While I wasn't particularly inclined toward indulging in anime or manga, unless they possessed a captivating allure worth sacrificing my life’s “precious” time for, this name still triggered something in my mind. 

It stemmed from the series known as Bleach, and more significantly, it belonged to the ultimate adversary who plunged the entire universe into unmitigated chaos.

Within a mere nine days, he transformed from a sealed king into a relentless force, obliterating the very foundations of Soul Society. If it weren't for the contrivance of plot armor, he would have emerged victorious in his final battle, for he had essentially ascended to godlike status. The war was already won, yet his power proved insufficient to overcome the will of the author.

"...Nevertheless, it appears that I have been reborn as him."

While all of these are merely assumptions, considering the circumstances and employing my common sense, it seems implausible for my current situation to be a mere coincidence. 

All those periods I spent in darkness, which I initially believed to be the afterlife, were in fact moments of occupying the vegetative body of a newborn Yhwach. The darkness is gradually receding, symbolizing the redistribution of my soul. The name Yhwach. Every event unfolding mirrors the backdrop of Yhwach's story from the series.

Now that I have finally unraveled a fragment of the truth regarding my circumstances, I must alter my routine. 

It would be remiss of me to idly slumber now that I possess the ability to hear. Engaging in information gathering is essential for comprehending the state of the outside world. Is this the same Bleach I am familiar with? If not, what is the current situation? 

Although I harbored disdain for my past life, it does not signify an aversion to existence itself. Given the opportunity to inhabit the role of one of the most powerful characters originating from fiction, who am I to reject such an extraordinary chance?

Year 1 Month 2

"Village Chief! The pilgrims who are journeying north are under attack. Shall we offer assistance?"

Pilgrims? Wait a moment, does this imply that I have found myself in a medieval era? Ah, yes, that would make sense. The Thousand-Year Blood War arc, after all, was aptly named as it transpired a millennium ago. 

Now, the question arises: what religious affiliation do these pilgrims hold? Christianity, as far as I recall, was not explicitly mentioned in the series. This necessitates further investigation. 

If Christianity does exist in this world, it presents a rare and exceptional opportunity. As someone who rarely attends church but still believes in Jesus, to some extent, I am well aware of the immense influence the church wields. If utilized wisely, it could yield marvelous outcomes.

"In the past, I would have disregarded them, but with the miracle of Yhwach, I believe it would be appropriate to extend our aid. It is a gesture to express our gratitude for Yhwach's benevolence."

That is commendable. It is heartening to see that he understands the importance of showing appreciation.

"How many capable individuals should I assemble?"

"The decision rests with you. However, I recommend bringing a few skilled Quincy along, just to ensure that the bandits are completely eradicated."

"Understood, Chief!"

I anticipated this, yet the mention of the term "Quincy" still fills me with euphoria. I am genuinely excited for the years that lie ahead.

Year 1 Month 3

[0.00001% of your soul has been redistributed.]

[...]

[...]

I retract my previous statement. That individual shouldn't have assisted the pilgrims. By displaying the awe-inspiring abilities of Quincy, who seemed to have gained tremendous power from possessing a fraction of my soul, they caught the attention of the pilgrims. 

Interestingly enough, the supernatural appears to be commonplace in this world, as the Quincy monks, upon discovering that their saviors were peculiar bow-wielding monks, weren't shocked or condemned by the church. 

Their surprise stemmed solely from witnessing the monks' immense strength. It appears that Quincy, prior to acquiring my soul, were feeble—exceptionally feeble, perhaps only capable of perceiving ghosts as their special ability.

Regardless, once news spread that the humble village where I currently reside offers sanctuary to pilgrims, a steady stream of them began flocking here for safety during their spiritual journey. 

This development proved advantageous, as it brought significant prosperity to the village. Naturally, their arrival piqued their curiosity about the villagers' practices, which included chanting my name and attempting to touch my body (which I remained unaware of). 

When they discovered that I was the source of the Quincy's newfound strength, they too desired to touch me. It's worth noting that while they maintained their faith in their own deity, their interest in me was purely inquisitive.

It was vexing to witness my soul gradually diminish over time. However, all things considered, this situation had its benefits. I knew the consequences that would arise if my soul were to be distributed among numerous individuals. If they were to perish, I would swiftly regain my faculties.

Year 1 Month 5

The influx of pilgrims streaming in and out of the village has soared to new heights, resulting in a greater number of people laying their hands upon me. 

Instead of becoming excessively annoyed by the throbbing sensations in my head, I chose to view the situation optimistically.

By attentively listening to their conversations, I gleaned a wealth of knowledge. As anticipated, the pilgrims adhered to the Christian faith. 

Strangely enough, this revelation brought me a sense of delight. Although I haven't yet devised a concrete plan for my existence in this world, I felt no hesitation. I simply wished to await the restoration of my sight before making any decisive judgments about my future course of action.

I refuse to make uninformed choices without firsthand observation of the world beyond. However, one thing remains certain: this life promises to be filled with excitement. My intuition assures me of that fact.

Year 1 Month 6

[? has died.]

[? has died.]

[...]

[...]

[0.00001% of your soul has been returned.] 

[0.00001% of your soul has been returned.] 

[...]

[...]

"Chief, ten Quincy died in their sleep. What's happening? This event has sparked panic within the village."

Ah, it's already unfolding. The initial group of individuals who had touched me last year has finally met their demise. If I weren't aware of how Yhwach's power functions, I might have mistaken it for an actual curse. 

However, knowing its mechanics, I anticipated this outcome. 

Should I feel remorse for their lives being abruptly cut short merely because a fraction of my soul was bestowed upon them, granting them strength and healing their ailments? Absolutely not. It was their own choice from the start, and even if I were the catalyst, my sentiments would remain unchanged.

In any case, given the substantial number of "Soul Bearers" who perished in a single night, I expect something momentous to be bestowed upon me. Perhaps, at long last, my ability to see will be restored?

[Spiritual Power has been increased by 1.]

[Spiritual Power has been increased by 1.]

[...]

[...]

[Aspect 'Touch' has been acquired.]

Hmm? Touch? The ability to sense?

Does this imply that I will be able to perceive their touches? Well now... that sounds bad.

"It's merely the way the world operates. When we receive something, we must repay it in some form or another. It's the principle of fair exchange. Don't tell me you didn't appreciate your wife's recovery? 

“Although her life may have been prematurely curtailed, at least you were able to share moments of happiness that wouldn't have otherwise been possible, given her bedridden state until the end.

"The Communion with Yhwach will proceed. Humans are inherently greedy, and these deaths won't deter their avarice."

I paid little attention to their conversation, as I grumbled about the aspect I had acquired. This was troublesome—I would now feel their unsettling hands all over me!

16