01 – Twitch
741 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bushwell Plaza…" Oliver looked at the name of the building he was going to live in as if he had felt dejavu. "Every time I look at that name it feels like I had to remember something..."

------

This wasn't Oliver's first time coming to this building, since whenever his parents had to travel for work he spent a few days at his uncle's house, which was here.

Unfortunately, because his father was a Marine General and his mother was a military doctor, these business trips were far more frequent than Oliver preferred them to be.

But he understood that if he was a normal kid, it would never happen this way, probably his mother even quit her job just to take care of him, but he wasn't normal.

Ever since he was born, Oliver has shown a much higher intellect than normal children, learning things very easily, hardly ever crying, he was like the perfect child that the neighbors' children hated to listen to.

The reason for this only Oliver knew, since since he was born he has memories of another world, a world that looked a lot like his world, but acted like a parallel universe.

The greatest example of this was the family computer, which instead of the Pear that was world famous in this world, in the world of Oliver's memories it was replaced by an apple.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, Oliver only had memories of the world itself, he couldn't remember if he had a life in that world, what his profession was, if he had friends, girlfriend, children, nothing, it was as if that whole part was forgotten by him when he was born.

But this didn't affect Oliver too much, even though he matured much faster because of his intellect, Oliver was still basically a 13 year old boy.

What surprised him was that in addition to Pear and Apple moving from one universe to the other, other things also changed in the process.

In Oliver's memoirs, a very important website that was supposed to appear in 2005 never did.

YouTube.

According to Oliver's memories, this site would be one of the great opportunities he would have to become famous and make a lot of money, especially if he created an account early on and focused on using strategies he remembered in the future, all this would probably result in an explosive growth of his channel.

Of course, with his father being a general and his mother being a military doctor, money was never lacking in the Knight family, but Oliver never felt comfortable asking his father for money when he wanted to buy something, the feeling of buying it with the little money he had. he earned by doing some errands for the neighbors was much more satisfying than just asking his dad directly.

That's why Oliver felt that becoming a YouTuber would be a great opportunity to earn money in an easier way than working normally and a more fun way too.

But without the rise of YouTube, Oliver saw an opportunity.

'What if instead of being a Youtuber, or not I can create a site like YouTube?' Oliver thought excitedly as he considered this possibility.

He knew from his memories that in the future, family entertainment would be mostly consumed through the internet, so why not take advantage of this beginning to move from being a chess piece to becoming a player?

With that in mind, in 2005 Oliver, who was only 11 years old, started studying programming, joining information he learned in this world with ideas and some knowledge he received from the other world and began to learn everything necessary to develop a website like YouTube.

But soon he encountered a problem.

The server needed to store millions of terabytes of video files was extremely expensive and he couldn't get something like that, especially in 2005 where the price for HardDrives was extremely expensive compared to the memory of the future he had.

Since he didn't want to ask his father for thousands of dollars to make such an investment, Oliver looked for a better way to get started without needing so much investment.

So Oliver thought of a solution.

"If I can't make a video site, I can make a livestream site like Twitch! That way I don't have to store a huge amount of video files and I can discard the VODs from the livestreams as soon as the person's show ends, and with the profit from the site I can start buying storage for the server and slowly unlock the video platform within the site and slowly turn a Twitch into a Youtube." The more Oliver thought about it, the more interested he became.

It took him 6 months from the time he started learning to program to the time the site was ready.

[Twitch.tv]

Oliver even got the same website he remembered!

But what surprised Oliver the most when he created the site was a window that appeared floating in front of his eyes.

[Welcome to the Entertainment Gacha System!]

'System?' Oliver wondered in surprise. Seriously thinking about it, Oliver managed to remember some otherworldly memories about an entertainment platform that existed called Webnovel, there this kind of thing was very common, and with just a few thoughts Oliver already quickly understood the essence of it.

'So these memories of mine from another world are probably my previous life before I was reborn here?' Oliver was shocked, but the excitement of receiving a system was overwhelming.

This system didn't speak and had no personality, something that Oliver greatly appreciated.

It just had a window where it showed.

[Positive emotions caused by the entertainment you provided may yield random Gachas as rewards.]

[Positive Emotions: 0/5,000]

Looking out the window, Oliver was even more surprised, as even though this system wasn't as easy as many systems that existed on that site, it was still a good system.

"What can I gain from this Gacha?" Oliver wondered excitedly.

[Newbies gift received, want to open?]

"Yes." Oliver answered.

Suddenly, in front of Oliver's eyes a sphere glowing in rainbow colors appeared, when he touched it the sphere exploded and a golden light appeared.

[Yukihira Sõma's Culinary Talent.]

'Culinary talent?' Oliver looked confused. He didn't even know any Yukihira Sõma as some famous cook, but when he started to search through his second memory, Oliver slowed down a bit until he found him as the protagonist of a cooking manga that existed in that world.

Unfortunately he didn't have as much knowledge of that as he apparently only had memories of the first manga.

'Maybe I didn't read the rest in my other life?' Oliver tried to find a reason. 'But still, apparently Yukihira's talent is pretty good, especially since he's the protagonist, I can deal with that.'

If it were to choose a talent to evoke positive emotions, Oliver would definitely choose a talent like singing skills, as nothing beats one of the 7 Great Arts of Life to evoke emotions in people, but Oliver knew that it wasn't impossible to do that with either. Yukihira's culinary talent, especially when he remembered that in the future this talent would become so monstrous that the food would even shine.

'I needed an idea for what I was going to do livestream on my Twitch channel, now I have it.'

Taking advantage of the fact that the site had just been created, Oliver created his user account, different from the administrator account, and put the account as @Oli.

So in 2005 he started his first livestream.

With some cameras he bought with the money he received helping the neighbors, Oli started learning how to cook, while putting some ads to run on Google publicizing the livestream and trying to attract audiences and potential streamers to the site.

The development of this livestream with Google ads left many people confused and excited, especially when they saw a very cute 11-year-old child cooking while chatting happily with people who sent messages.

Oli's charisma was very high, to the point where he was surprised to find that his livestream reached 500 different people and maintained a total average of 200 viewers on the first livestream, which was extremely high retention.

Most of the audience was older people who found Oli funny while cooking and made jokes, especially when he mixed up an ingredient or got something wrong, many people found this very funny and started following Oli.

Seeing this rapid growth of his channel, Oliver was even more excited to do livestreams and from Monday to Friday he created the routine of doing livestreams while cooking and having fun with the audience, thus creating the routine in these people that every day they should enter on Twitch.Tv to watch Oli's livestream as he slowly developed that audience into a loyal following.

At times Oli's parents appeared at home while he was on stream, but when he called them to appear on screen they always refused, saying that they were ashamed and that they would leave it to him who was a professional, something that Oli just ignored thinking that it was a common thing.

From 2005 to 2007 Twitch had an explosive growth, both in Oliver's livestream which became very large, already getting an average of 5,000 simultaneous viewers, as well as other streamers who thought the idea was cool and signed up to start livestreaming there .

With more streamers, the site started to get more hits, which quickly attracted the attention of companies that both wanted to buy the site, which Oliver refused, as well as companies that wanted to advertise their brands on the site, which Oliver learned well. with his previous world's Twitch and had already created a system for that.

When a Streamer joins Twitch, he will have a trial period where he can only stream, when the streamer reaches a goal, he will become an affiliate where he can receive donations through Bits, the site's currency, or from people who became Subscribers, who would pay a monthly fee to have a special badge and would not need to see advertisements.

As for advertisements, there was the model where the streamer could pass advertisements during the Stream to get some more money, or the model that Oliver adapted from Twitch from the other world where the brand could pay to have an exclusive Banner on the livestream of that Streamer, which would make him a sponsored Streamer for that brand and the amount of money the streamer would receive would be much greater than what he would receive from normal advertisements.

With that, the Twitch ecosystem was complete.

All the money the streamers received had a 20% share going to Twitch while the streamers would receive 80%, leaving both sides extremely happy.

When the news broke that Twitch Streamers were getting paid to stream, the site's popularity became even greater, as even streamers who posted on their own site decided to migrate to Twitch and receive money there, bringing even more audience to the site. site.

But of course, as it was still only 2007, the amount of viewers was still quite limited, both because the internet wasn't that good, and because people weren't used to consuming content on the internet.

But Oliver was already prepared for that, so he wasn't surprised.

The good news is that in 2007 Oliver knew that the new PearPhone would be released, finally a SmartPhone would come to this world, so Oliver intended to finally make his channel come into the eyes of the general public.

"Come on Oli, we're finally home." An excited male voice woke Oliver from the thoughts that he was lost and made him get out of the car.

Vers, also woke up from the nap he was having on Oli's lap and lazily climbed onto the boy's shoulder as he drifted back to sleep.

Vers was a cat that Oli found on the street and decided to adopt.

As his parents knew he was home alone a lot, they didn't object to the boy having a pet to keep him company.

Because of the attachment that Vers had with Oli, and mainly because of the delicious food that Oli prepared for him, the kitten soon got used to being on Oli's shoulder, which also caused his audience to adopt Vers as the mascot of Oli. channel.

Looking at his uncle, who Oliver would live with in Seattle from now on, Oliver smiled and nodded.

With his parents moving to France for a mission, Oliver can choose whether he wants to move to France or stay in the US with his uncles.

Although he speaks French with ease, Oliver still preferred to live in the US and continue the development of Twitch, doing this remotely from France would be a lot of work and he liked his uncles, so wisdom would not be a problem.

Thinking about the changes moving from Portland to Seattle would have on his life, Oliver was more excited about it.

35