04 – Wanna Join Twitch?
462 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Woah, your studio is really cool!" Oli said as he looked around, mainly at the car that was parked and practically acting as the perfect place for an audience.

"Did you like it?!" (2x) Sam and Carly screamed at the same time as they looked at him excitedly.

"Yeah, looks like you took a lot of care building this. Is that TV over there hooked up to your computer, Freddie?" Oli asked as he pointed to the TV that had a hydraulic support controlled by Freddie's computer.

Seeing that Oli noticed this, Freddie broke into a big smile. "Yes, I can control it by this control on my waist that is turned on and configured in software on the computer."

"Very cool!" Oli was really surprised, this kind of thing was already complicated to do in his memories that were apparently more than 15 years in the future, and this 13 year old boy had already done it all by himself.

Seeing that they were very excited to show him things, Oli smiled and spoke. "The program will start in 15 minutes, you can pretend I'm not here and prepare your things, I know how important this is."

Hearing this, Sam and Carly were a little disappointed but quickly started packing the things they would need for the show.

Usually iCarly was made every Friday and had an average of 1 to 2 hours of content, so they had to prepare a lot for the various frames they invented.

Meanwhile, Oli took his PearBook and started scanning the iCarly website, but to his surprise, there were no ads.

'How are they making money from this?' Oli wondered confused.

The more he analyzed, the more he realized that there was no way to monetize this site, probably due to the frame and host costs for the site they must even be paying to make the program instead of being paid for it.

With 5 minutes left for the program to start, when everyone had already finished organizing everything, Oli asked.

"I saw that you guys average 1,000 concurrent viewers on your streams, but do you get anything out of it?" Oli asked confused.

"Earn?" (3x)

Hearing about money, Sam soon got excited. "What do you mean earn? Do you earn money with your show?"

Seeing the girls' shocked expressions and Freddie's slightly confused look, Oli understood.

In his memories he saw that apparently Freddie's mother really did have a lot of money, so much so that she had even offered him a $100,000 barbell for him to break up with Sam when they started dating, not to mention that all that expensive equipment was his, so probably this kid didn't even understand the value of money very well.

"Of course you can make money." Oli said. "On average, on Twitch, a Streamer with the amount of viewers you have who streams daily earns around $5,000 monthly, considering that you stream a week, this amount would probably be less, but I believe it would still not be less to $1,000 every month, of course the bigger the audience the more money you would make."

Hearing this, Carly's eyes lit up, but Sam's turned into big bright headlights.

"That would be $500 each!" Sam squealed excitedly.

"No idiot, it would be $333.33 each." Freddie said while mocking Sam.

"Who said you'd get something? Idiot!" Sam scoffed back.

"I deserve a share as much as you do, idiot!" Freddie yelled angrily, causing Sam to start yelling back.

Until to end the fight, Carly took a spray bottle of water and splashed it in the face of the two. "Stop!"

"What was this?!" (2x)

"When a cat does something wrong, we have to spray water in its face so it understands it's wrong." Carly explained as she pointed the spray bottle at the two of them.

"I'm not a cat!" (2x)

"But it worked, didn't it?" Carly giggled as she put the spray bottle away watching Sam and Freddie stop fighting to look for a cloth to dry their faces.

When Sam looked around for a cloth, she saw Oli with a small smile at the corner of his mouth, as if he was enjoying himself, which made the girl freeze.

[Sam's Commentary]

She was sitting on the couch while covering her face in embarrassment and rolling from side to side.

"Damn it, I screwed up!"

[Commentary Ends]

"So you don't earn anything from your show?" Oli asked in surprise.

Carly was a little embarrassed and replied. "We didn't even know there was something to be gained from it."

Hearing this, Oli brought his hand to his chin and began to think.

In his memories, the success that iCarly would have in the future was clear, to the point that their streams would probably exceed six digits of viewers and could even reach seven digits, achieving worldwide success.

Then he had an idea.

"How about you guys join Twitch? I can get your account verified right away and offer the best terms the top Streamers on the site get." Oli made a proposal.

"Yes!" Sam yelled without thinking twice as he came running.

"Sam! We have to talk about this." Freddie stopped Sam from running and squeezed Oli's hand.

"Why? We're not earning anything on our website, if we join Twitch we'll start earning money, isn't it obvious what's the best choice?"

"But… we made the website together…" Freddie was a little sad since he was the one who made the iCarly website all by himself while the girls helped design it.

"You know, you don't need to give me an answer today. Take your time to think, Twitch has the doors open for you. Just also consider that Twitch is the biggest streaming platform in the world, so the audience in The potential that you can also achieve there is very large. This can accelerate the progress of your program."

Hearing Oli's explanation about helping to get more viewers, even Freddie's eyes lit up a bit, as he was a bit frustrated that the show hadn't been getting new viewers for a few weeks now.

"Okay, Oli, we'll talk about it later and we'll let you know the result, how about that?" Carly served as mediator again and said it in a delicate way.

"Sure." Oli smiled back and sat on the benches behind their set car as he watched them finish planning everything and start the program.

"In 5, 4, 3, 2 and…" Freddie counted down and started the program.

"Hi, you might know us!" Carly said.

"Or maybe not." Sam added.

"If you don't know I'm Carly."

"I'm Sam."

"Now you know us!"

"Then welcome to iCarly!"

As soon as that was said, Sam squeezed the controller in her hand and made a clapping noise as if he had an audience.

Watching the girls introduce the show while Freddie manned the cameras and the special effects really surprised Oli a bit, as their level of professionalism was very high, especially when you stopped to think that this was all being organized by just three people out of 13 years, something many adults probably wouldn't even know where to start.

As the show progressed, Oli saw some of the skits the girls came up with and even laughed a few times.

The whole time they avoided taping where Oli was, to leave it as a surprise that he would appear on the show, until suddenly Carly announced it.

"And that's why a potato is superior to a sports bra." Carly said confidently as she held a raw potato in one hand and a sports bra in the other.

"And if you don't believe us, try making fries in a sports bra." Sam arrived at Carly's side as she said with an expert expression.

"Hahaha…" Even Oli chuckled at the way they were treating such an absurd comparison as if it were really a very serious comparison.

[Hey, that background laughter didn't come from Sam's control, is anyone in the studio?]

[I also heard, I think this person has laughed a few other times on the show, it's not the first time I hear it.]

[Me too, tell that person to get out of there, it's getting in the way!]

[Although I thought it was cool that one person was laughing on set, it actually makes me want to laugh more when I see that there is another person who also found it funny.]

[Me too! When I hear that laugh it seems to get even funnier.]

Unfortunately the girls couldn't read the comments while they were recording, but even so, seeing that most of the pictures they had invented for the day were already over, they decided to finally reveal the surprise.

"And finally, I think you heard some background laughter in the show…" Carly said with suspense.

"I heard that laugh too, is it a ghost?" Sam pretended to be scared as she looked around.

"Only if it's a ghost that cooks really well!" Carly joked.

"Then I want to be haunted!" Sam joked back.

"Me tooo!" Carly laughted.

"Hey guys, it's not a ghost!" Freddie said from behind the camera also joking.

"So if it's not a ghost, it must be a guest!" Sam said in surprise.

"A guest? Yes… it's a special guest!" Carly said while making even more suspense.

At that moment Sam pressed a button on her controller that made a drum sound that made it even more suspenseful.

"Everyone welcome, Oli!" Carly finally called out, causing Freddie to turn the camera around and show Oli sitting down.

Infected with the animation and positive energy that the girls had while recording, Oli also smiled and waved at the camera. "Hi everyone, this is Oli!"

[OMG, I thought the guest was a pizza delivery guy like last time, but it's actually Oli?!]

[Hello?! Hello?!!! What is Oli doing on iCarly?!]

[So this whole time the background laughter was from Oli watching the show in person?!]

[I take back what I said about the laughs being boring @Oli, your laughs were beautiful, keep laughing!]

[Who is Oli?!]

[Don't you know Oli?! He's the biggest streamer on Twitch!]

[Serious?! What is he doing on iCarly?]

[…]

Without being able to see the comments, Sam, Carly and Oli went to the center of the studio and started talking.

"So Oli, what are you doing here in Seattle?" Carly asked as she made her hand mimic a microphone.

"I moved to Seattle today." Oli responded by also pretending that Carly's hand was a microphone.

"So does that mean we won't be streaming you for a while?" Carly asked, pretending to be sad, as Sam pressed the "aawwn" button on her remote.

"No, my uncles made a studio for me and everything is practically working, tomorrow we will have a livestream where I will teach you how to make a secret recipe." Oli said as he lowered his voice and pretended to speak with suspense.

"A secret recipe?!" Sam was both surprised and excited while hearing this, as she wanted to know what she was going to eat tomorrow.

"Yes…" Oli feigned mystery.

"And may we know what this secret recipe is?" Carly asked curiously.

Oli brought his mouth close to Carly's hand and the camera and spoke softly, as if he were sharing a secret into the microphone.

"If I tell you, it won't be secret anymore…" Oli said quietly before laughing and walking away.

After three seconds of silence, the girls finally reacted and went back to joking and changing the subject since Oli didn't want to tell.

[Carly's Commentary]

At that moment Carly was sitting on the couch while using her hand to fan the wind towards her face trying to disguise her nervousness.

"My god, my heart stopped for a few seconds when I felt his warm breath on my hand…" She said breathlessly. "It was a really good feeling…"

[Commentary Ends]

Sam who was next to Carly had also been frozen for a few seconds, but reacted quickly which Carly returned to normal.

[Sam's Commentary]

Sam was a little frustrated sitting on the couch while clutching a pillow.

"Damn it, why didn't I come up with the idea to make my hand pretend it was a microphone too?!"

[Commentary Ends]

///NunuNote///

Join our discord to talk about the novel!

discord.gg/nunuXD

23