08 – iCarly on Twitch
242 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Mrs. Benson came home and tried the food she had made for Freddie for breakfast, she finally understood why he couldn't eat that.

"The difference is really big…" She sighed in surprise as she felt like spitting out the food she made, especially when the memory of those Egg Benedicts came back to her head.

She even started to get discouraged, thinking she couldn't cook for Freddie anymore, until she remembered something.

"Freddie said that kid had a Show just like them where he cooked… I can use this to learn!" She said finally getting excited. "If I learn to cook with him, it's only a matter of time before little Freddie falls in love with my cooking again, so he'll want to spend even more time with me… hehe!"

She started laughing alone at home while turning on her laptop to look for Oli's show.

Luckily for her, she only had to type Oli's name into Byawoo, the most popular search engine, and she was able to find his channel.

Oli had no idea that he had just gotten a new follower who would watch all of his streams wanting to become better than him.

But even if he knew, he wouldn't mind, Oli didn't care about other people learning like him, on the contrary, he was very didactic on stream and even encouraged people to cook what he taught and send it to him.

One of the week's livestreams was even focused on that, where he just analyzed the dishes the subs made and gave tips on how to improve.

This got him even more subs, as people didn't mind paying $5 to not have to see ads, let alone the likelihood of being chosen for Oli to analyze and learn even more.

Looking to the side, Oli saw the seven people sitting with their bellies puffed out while breathing heavily.

"I told you you didn't have to eat everything…" Oli said as he shook his head.

"But it was so delicious…" Sam commented as he rubbed his belly.

"Yeah…" Carly and Freddie also commented while rubbing their bellies.

Even Oli's uncles were like that, as the Egg Benedicts were delicious.

Looking at them, Oli just shook his head and laughed.

"How did you make this taste so good?! When Carly told me your food was great I thought it was that, just great, but this was on a whole other level!" Spencer was the one who was the most shocked by this, as he had never eaten Oli's food before.

"Haha, I was just careful with the cooking time and used some spices that I had already prepared." Oli said as he caressed Vers, who took advantage of Oli's sitting up and ran to lay on his shoulder.

"What do you plan on doing today?" Bella asked curiously as she looked at Oli.

"Since I have to livestream today, I have to buy some special cooking ingredients." Oli replied, making everyone's eyes light up.

"What are you going to cook?" (3x) Sam, Carly and Freddie asked excitedly, knowing he wanted to make a special dish.

Looking at their reaction, Oli laughed even harder as they were already so full and still managed to get so excited about more food.

Knowing he couldn't hide it from them, Oli spoke. "Since you gave me the idea for Spaghetti Tacos yesterday, today I decided to give it a try to see how it will taste, it will probably be quite interesting for the public as it will be a very different dish."

Hearing that, Carly and Spencer's eyes lit up even more.

"I will help you!" Spencer quickly offered to help buy the ingredients, but Carly soon remembered something.

"Don't you have a sculpture to finish by tomorrow?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Remembering the sculpture, Spencer soon lost her glow and knew she really had to finish this.

"I had forgotten…" He sighed in disappointment.

"I'll help you then." Daniel smiled.

"Thanks Uncle Daniel." Oli smiled in satisfaction.

"So Oli…" Carly said something a little uncertainly, making Oli look at her in confusion.

"What it was?" He really was confused.

"We talked about your proposal yesterday, are your terms still available?" She asked a little uncertainly.

Oli was still confused for a few seconds until he remembered the proposal he made to them the day before for them to join Twitch.

"Of course! Twitch will be happy to welcome iCarly!" He smiled excitedly as he took Vers off his shoulder and placed the kitten on the ground. "Come with me."

Saying that, Oli went to his room, which was on the first floor, the same place as Spencer's room in Carly's apartment.

The three soon followed curiously.

Seeing that this was Oli's room, both Sam and Carly looked around very curiously, as this was the first boy's room they had entered.

Looking at the slightly messed up bed, Oli apologized a little sheepishly. "Don't mind the mess, I just woke up and went to make breakfast, I still haven't had time to clean it up."

"Everything is fine!" (2x) both girls answered simultaneously.

"My room is a lot messier than that." Sam added.

"My brother's too." Carly said so too.

Freddie looked at Carly's reaction and then said with pride. "My room is tidier than yours."

But Sam gave him no opportunity to show off and responded sarcastically. "Because the baby's mother here cleans it every day, right?"

Freddie froze when he heard that, as as much as he wanted to refute it, it really was the truth…

"Alright guys, have you created a Twitch account yet?" Oli asked.

"We tried but you already had an account with @iCarly so we thought we'd talk to you first about what we could do." Carly explained.

Oli thought for a while and used the computer he had in his room to access Twitch.

Using an administrator account, Oli saw that this @iCarly account was just a name holder, an account that the user only used to save the name and likely intended to sell in the future, as iCarly was already a relatively large show for the internet .

"This account is just a name holder, based on Twitch guidelines I can just change the name of this account to a random name and give it to you guys." Oli said as he did just that.

Using Twitch's random name generator to generate a new name for this account, and making iCarly available to the rightful owners.

"Okay, now you can create your account and when everything is ready I'll verify and release all access to a verified Twitch channel for you." Oli said satisfied, making the three of them excited.

"Can I use your computer?" Freddie asked excitedly.

Oli nodded. "Go ahead."

"So we'll be able to make money?" Sam asked excitedly.

Oli nodded again. "Yeah sure, have you guys seen the Twitch sub system?"

"That people pay so they don't have to see ads and help the streamer?" Carly asked uncertainly.

"Exactly. With the subs system you can both earn money from it, and also pass advertisements so that those who don't pay can also earn you money, so getting $1,000 a month by streaming a week is not impossible, and considering that your show is so good, it's probably just a matter of time before it gets even bigger." Oli explained, making the girls' eyes light up.

Sam imagined being able to buy everything she wanted to eat with the money she would receive, while Carly imagined several clothes she could buy, while Freddie just wanted to see the show get even more viewers.

In a short time the channel was complete and Oli had already verified this for them.

Freddie reused the website's arts and already left the Twitch channel with a unique and characteristic appearance of their website, which was not so surprising to the public.

Seeing that everything was ready, Oli decided to go buy the ingredients for today's show, but before that he asked a question.

"I have an idea. Since I invited you to dinner tonight, how about you join my Show? That way we can promote your stream and make your Twitch channel more popular." Oli offered, making the three's eyes sparkle.

Not only was Oli's Stream much more popular than iCarly, Oli's food was delicious, so they had no reason to refuse.

"Sim!" (3x)!

"Okay, I'm going out with my uncle to buy the ingredients and I'll see you guys here at 6 pm, how about that?" Oli offered.

"Ok!" (3x)

----

///Nunu Note///

Tbh, was I little bit hard to write this chapter, I was blocked whitout knowing what to write after the first 300 words, if you guys have some ideas you can write it down for me :D

9