Introduction/Chapter 1: Train ride back home
49 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Introduction:
     HELLO FELLOW READERS, THIS IS MY SECOND ATTEMPT AT MAKING THIS NOVEL. EVEN THO IT NOW HAD DIFFERENT MAIN CHARACTER AND STORY .MY GOAL ISN'T THE CHARACTERS BUT THE STORY ITSELF AND HOW THE CHARACTERS AFFECTED THE STORY AND THE EVENTS IN THE STORY AFFECT THE CHARACTERS. I HOPE I CAN MAKE THIS NOVEL FEASIBLE TO YOUR LIKING. AND IF THERE'S ANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES AND SOME SENTENCES DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, PLEASE POINT IT OUT TO ME IN THE COMMENTS.
Chapter 1:
 

It was mid October, The sun was shining brightly through the clouds. I watched giant fields of  poppies sped by as I rode on this large red passenger train. The reflection on the window showed my dirty face, with tired blue eyes, and very dirty hair,which was blond, my right ear missing ear, and a very torn uniform that I am currently wearing.

 

The train ride was calm. It was calmest moments I ever had in years.

 

 Yet the sound.

The explosions.

The artillery Fire.

The machine guns, forever rang like bells in my head. The trauma loudly repeated in my mind.

Slowly but surely it made me doubt myself. ‘Am I sane? Is man sane? Why me? Why them?'

 

The tiredness in my eyes, became more and more noticeable by the passing minutes. I could not sleep. As Fresh Memories Kept me awake.

Soon, the endless repeating trauma quickly stopped briefly, at the sound of a young soldier asking me a question.

In the far left corner of the front of the train car asked a small, tired, wishful soldier. He asked a question, that some tried to avoid. "Sir What do you think it's going to be like back at home?"

All the other Soldiers stopped what they were doing, and lessened to our conversation. 

"What's your name?" I asked the young soldier who clearly seen some combat.

"Fredison, sir." He stuttered in a tired, raspy tone.

 

A minute soon passed in the train cabin, filled with soldiers, many traumatized, some simply tired, most of them wounded. yet they all wanted to see family.

I Then Squinted my eyes and looked out the window with the bright sun, and thought heavily on my answer. Many of which are expecting to hear.

 

  Slowly and carefully, I stood up while wincing to the pain in my right leg and old spine. And started my small speech as I headed to the train compartment exit "I do not know Fred, I do not know. How can we expect anything to be the same? Many young boys joined an old war, expecting honor and glory for themselves and their country. Many men saw the lives of their families threatened and fought to defend their homes."I told them. spreading some sadness, and old and young memories to our minds.

Exiting the train carriage I looked at Fred’s blue eyes, who is now to my direct left. “Fred. The War may have ended! Yet sadly it does not mean there won't be more to come.”

Turning around I looked at the soldiers, many of which looked at me. I gave them one last salute. “Go. Go to your families and your loved ones and be thankful that you can be able to see them again."  "And before i leave Thank you for your service. I hope all of you will never have to hold a rifle for your country again.” 

Quickly, I slammed the door, and advanced to the front of the train filled with soldiers of many ages.

It didn't take long to reach the front of the train.

I then climbed out of the moving train, and carefully walked on the catwalk around the coal cart. before ending up behind the locomotive and walked onto it.

"Aye who this ugly piece of shit." The soot covered fire tender hollered towards the train engineer.

"I don't know looks like the Kontus (The Army of the Vectorian Empire) decided to take this train away from us." The train engineer answered as he squinted his eyes towards me for a second before focusing on the tracks again.

"I don't know Tim, isn't against the new regulation for him to be here? should we throw him off?"

"You know I can hear ya old geezers." I yelled at them while giving the fire tender named john a large hug.

"Geezer? I 'm ten years too young to be called a geezer!" The train engineer laughed. "How have you been Niko?" 

"I'm Fine, how is my mother doing?" I asked them.

 

They looked at each other and saw that I was lying. "Not good,” They both answered. "She’s still worried sick about you." He explained. "John visits her here and there to help her around the house."

"Honestly i didn't expect you to join the Kontus." said John "What rank are you now since you joined?"

"I'm a general." I answered

"Oh no, a Gen... What in god's name, you are a General? Tim What should we do should we hand over his fathers business or wait for the Kontus to get us?" He said in a surprised tone.

"And leave my conveniently placed home that's above the shop behind, hell no. When we get home, bring the extra cannon upstairs if we need it." He said before they both chuckled.

"John, it looks like you will still keep my father's business, just give it to my little brother when he becomes of age."

"Running that business is hell, are you trying to make your uncle go into an early grave?"

"We are about to arrive at the next station!" Tim Hollered before he started signaling the train station with their train whistle, which is about 6 miles away.

"Well this is goodbye then. Take care of my mother will ya?" I quickly told them before leaving.

John Wanted stopped what he was doing and turned around to ask why. but by the time he spoke I was already gone and heading back inside the passenger cars.

 

 

1