Why Are There So Many God Damn Mushrooms
34 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Cam entered the dungeon the first thing he saw was a mushroom with legs, arms, and eyes that seemed to be staring straight into his soul "Is that a fucking walking mushroom!!!"

[It seems so]

The mushroom creature then noticed Cam and started to walk over to him "Oh hell no" to which he proceeded to run away till he found a rock to hide behind " Yea no that's just creepy, and what the hell even is that thing, is this what all dungeons are like cause if it is I ain't doing this again"

[Oh it appears to be a monster type dungeon]

"No shit Sherlock" Cam was starting to get really tired of trash being a smartass all the time "So what is it"

[Don't know]

"My Father you are useless, should've chose the goddamn observe skill and made this shit easy" As Cam was thinking of ways to get out of here a system notification popped up informing him of the dungeon he is in.

[You have entered the hidden dungeon: Hidden Tree Grove, and have gained access to the first floor]

"Oh great that means there's more than one floor, I don't want to do this shit" Cam was getting kind of scared of these creepy mushrooms, but then he realized he doesn't even know what the surroundings look like and takes a look around.

He sees that he appears to be inside a giant tree at least 5 miles across filled with giant mushroom looking trees and hills. The ground was filled with grass that had purple tips and was actually surprisingly soft "This would make a nice bed. . . hey trash can you take notes"

[I'm sorry what]

"Notes, you know like the skills but information" Cam proceed to explain in an exasperated manner.

[I guess]

"Good, well take note that ummm. . . what is this grass called, whatever call it mushroom grass, is soft and would make a nice bed"

[Would you like it in its own category for example [Notes] and when you open it it would have other categories like [Grass]]

"Oh that would be nice, Yea do that trash. . . hey if this grass is good does that mean there are other goodies in here" Cam said with visible greed in his voice

[Most likely yes]

"You think I could kill the mushroom, I mean if the grass is this good imagine the mushroom"

[With your current skills it's plausible, but you might screw it up]

"Shut up what do you know I'll have you know I've been in many fights"

[Did you win]

"That's not the point" Cam started to retreat from this debate and he did not want to give trash the gratification of winning. "I'm going to sneak attack it"

[Good luck]

'I swear I heard sarcasm in that' Cam peeked over the rock he had hid behind and spotted his target waddling around very slowly "they move really fucking slow, why did I get scared they can't do shit" Cam sneaked around to the back of the mushroom before he grabbed the bulb on its head and its leg and tried ripping it apart and it just stretched "What the hell, it's way more stretchy than rubber" then the mushroom twisted itself and hit him with it's stubby little arms and knocked the air out of Cam making him release the mushroom. 'Holy shit that hurt how the hell is it so strong'

[Oh my it is much stronger than it appears]

"Shut up you don't think I know that. . . how am I supposed to beat him" Cam was currently going through an existential crisis over not being able to beat a stupid mushroom

[Well if physical power didn't work why don't you use something sharp]

". . . Of course I can just bite it, it's a mushroom, I'm so smart"

[. . . . .] '[Not what I meant]'

Cam sprinted at the mushroom, who had only traveled 30ft within a minute, and took a giant bite out of the mushroom "Munch. . .Munch" Cam who had been eating the mushroom found it to be quite good 'It tastes like portobello'

As one would figure the mushroom was in extreme pain causing it to bellow a noise so odd even scientologist would be weirded out "Crackle. .Ketel. .fikal. .crack" After its last groan it seemed to go limp and die but Cam kept eating it like a vampire who'd been starved of blood for way too long. "Ahh that was nice, I don't seem to be hungry anymore" Cam said while he had the mushrooms brown juice all over his upper body covering his prison garbs. "Trash make a note category for monsters with a another one for food-based monos. and name this one Porto B's.

[Done and done. . . you might want to clean off. . . you also got a system notification]

"I thought it just showed me those anyway"

[I stopped it, you seemed busy]

"Oh good good, show me"

[You have leveled up, you are now Lv.2, gain 3 more Lv. to see your stats and 8 more to unlock your profession]

"I can see my stats and there are professions, nice. Hey what type of professions are there." Cam was curious if it was professions like a musician or tailor, or swordsman and assassin type shit.

[One for every walk of life from fighters to slaves]

"There are. . . No nevermind" Cam said with a little disappointment

[You good]

"Shut up I'm fine" Cam noticed that there seemed to be something shining in the Porto B's bulb of a head "What's this" when he grabbed it lit up.

[Do you want the physical skill [Mushroom Taste(passive but can turn off)]

[yes] [no]

"What in the hell type of skill is this"

[Would you like a description]

"No no I get what it does, but why would I need it"

[Some women love mushrooms ;} ]

"Yes I want the skill"

[You have gained the skill [Mushroom Taste]]

[Would you like to activate the skill]

"I can turn it off right"

[Yes]

". . . . . . . . . . . suuuuuuuuuuuuure" 'I don't think it will hurt. . . hopefully" Cam prayed to The Father that he won't turn into a mushroom 'For all that is holy. . . or well demonic and please don't let me be a mushroom' Cam started to notice that his saliva started to turn a little mushroomy "Oh that's not too bad, taste kinda nice, wonder if I can cook with it"

[I don't think anybody will want to eat it if you do that]

"Shut up and go to hell" Cam stood up and started to walk through the mushroom plains till he came to the top of a hill and saw a horde of fucking Porto B's "Why are there so many god damn mushrooms, its like there zombies, I'm not gonna mess with them there are way too many" Cam started to look around and spotted a structure in the middle of what he likes to call Portobello Woods and a giant door pass the horde. "The door is probably the way to the next floor, but I really wanna know what that place is" and as predicted he started to walk over to said structure eating whatever Porto B's he came across gaining 3 Lv. in the process allowing him to see his stats so he hid behind a tree to check it out.

[You now have access to see your stats]

"Show me"

[Stats (10 stats is what the average human may have in good condition)]

[Str: 25]

[End: 30]

[Per: 29]

[Agi: 30]

[Mag: 5]

[Dex: 15]

"Why the hell is my magic so low, and my dexterity is still much lower than the others"

[your race is not magic oriented and your soul is not from a world with much magic, and you just are worse at using your hands than other parts of your body ;} ]

"Doesn't dexterity mean your whole bodily control" Cam asked curiously cause he really didn't know.

[Your no fun]

"Shut up" Cam continued to walk to the structure till he could see it and noticed that there was a wooden chest just sitting on top of a pedestal surrounded by stone "That's not suspicious whatsoever" as Cam was climbing the pedestal Trash had an interesting take

[I don't suggest you open that chest]

"Shut up your called trash for a reason and chest are always good, have you never played a game"

[You named me Trash, and no I've never played a game]

"Yea Yea whatever" When Cam tried to open the chest it suddenly opened its mouth and bit his arm "Ahhhhhh the fuck" to which he punted it into a tree and got really mad "Go to hell you stupid bitch" He jumped down and walked over to the chest who growled at him and he still proceeded to punch its face in till it only whimpered "Who's the fucking boss now asshole"

[The [Mimic] has submitted to your overwhelming power and asked to become your servant]

"Huh. . . . . . . . . . . . um sure?"

[The [Mimic] has now become your servant]

[You have gained the title [Monster Master] ]

[All servants of the monsters category will gain a 10% exp boost]

"Oh um cool. . . do you need a name" Cam questioned the mimic in a stupor as this was unexpected

"Blagh" The mimic stuck its tongue out of the chest in response

"Close enough your name shall be uhhh . . . . . . . . I don't know can you do something" Cam sucked at names. The mimic then walked up to him and started to eat his dirty clothes "Hey chill dude, you can eat the fucking mushrooms" the mimic started to morph into a pair of clothes "Oh uh thats convienent, can you change into anything you eat."

"Blatg"

[He says with limits]

"Shut up I heard him" Cam then started to put the mimic on "where's your tongue at" And the mimic stuck his tongue out on his chest "okay that's fine" 'Thank The Father that could have been bad' I'll name you Whisper.

[That name has nothing to do with it]

"Yea it does he's secretive like a whisper people won't know he's here"

[Uh-huh the [Mimic] has been given the name [Whisper]

"Great now I look nice and hot"

[You give yourself too much credit]

"Shut up Trash" Cam started to make his way towards the door cause he was starting to kind of like this place, but he forgot about the giant horde in front of the door. "Shit, forgot about that"

[You could just sneak around them]

"I'll try, I guess" Cam sneaked around the mushroom tree line and waited for the opportunity to book it towards the door.

"Blarg" Whisper said in a whisper telling Cam to go. Cam trusted the guy enough to cover his no-no bits so why not and he sprinted as fast as possible and halfway through tripped and tumbled, rolling till he hit the door. From Cam's force the door cracked open and Cam scrambled inside "Fucking clumsy ass"

[From successful use on three occasions you have gained the skill [Quiet Steps] ]

[Your steps are now 50% quieter than before]

"Oh nice"

[Would you like to go back to the entrance or to the next floor]

"Next floor trash"

On the next floor

"It's a so fucking hot!!!"

3