13. Incoming trouble
136 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new day in the beastkin village, the fox siblings house which had a lot of commotion the previous day also seems quite peaceful right now. Which is quite mysterious though with a troublemaker such as Ren staying there.

Well the reason is simple the troublemaker hasn't woken up yet which has become quite usual for the fox siblings.

"Brother has Ren not woken up yet?" Ixia asked Axel with a frown while bringing food from the kitchen for breakfast.

"Nope, how lucky I wish I could sleep lazily like her"*sigh* hearing his reply the fox girl just facepalmed herself seriously doubting if he is her brother or Ren's brother seeing the similarities between them "can't you let me sleep for few fore hours before waking me up".

"No" ixia replied directly with a straight face breaking all hopes of Axel "come on you're the village lord behave like one"

"Village lords also needs sleep you know" Axel pouts a little while saying it.

"Whatever" ixia though just ignores him and moves towards their room to wake up the lazy human.

On reaching the room she opened the door only to hear a loud sound of falling before seeing Ren laying there near the door holding her nose.

"..umm Ren what are you doing on floor like that" ixia had a bit of idea but she wanna be sure so she asked while making a sweet smile.

"Urggh ..you.. you seriously don't know really" Ren asked with a twitching eyebrow.

"Ahh ehehe " the fox had no answer to say so she just ran downstairs to the kitchen while asking Ren to come for breakfast.

"SERIOUSLY  don't run away after hitting someone like this"  after getting her daily dose of trouble the trouble magnet named Ren decided to wash her face and get ready before going to the dinning room.

The breakfast was pretty silent today with the fox girl silently looking at the human sneakily quite embarrassed of her own clumsiness 'am I getting infected by Ren's clumsiness'.

"Umm what happened between you both you're both so silent today" finaly Axel decided to break the silence.

"Nothing  much actually, just a fox decided to enter my room while hitting my nose very hard and then ran away" Ren replied with a straight face.

"Ahhh I see" it wasn't much difficult for the other fox to understand who the above mentioned fox is.

Hearing them ixia just pouts and concentrates on her food like it is some extremely ancient spell she had to learn.

Seeing the fox Ren and Axel couldn't help but smile a little afterall the fox girl was too cute for Ren to stay angry.

"Anyway I've to go now, I've some work you both take care" Axel said after completing his breakfast "not that anyone can really harm Ren with her strength still enjoy your day".

"Yes don't worry I will protect foxy from any harm" 

While ixia just nods her head with her face bright red though only Axel saw it. Who then left while trying to control his smile 'it seems my sister has fallen in love haha'.

______________________________________________________

While such fun was going on in the house of the fox siblings in another part of the village which is mainly for people of the church with a small church in the middle surrounded by houses on all sides.

In one of the houses there were few peoples having a meeting which are mostly priests with a few people dressed as guards.

"Dammit who does that brat ixia thinks she is, just because of some filthy human she decided to humiliate me infront of everyone like that" it was the head priest Christophe who had blamed Ren of doing forbidden magic because of some jealousy.

"High priest we can understand your anger because of that human but you can't openly do anything lady ixia and lord Axel trusts that human too much" another beast person spoke trying to calm the high priest.

"I know that dammit, if it wasn't for it, that human would already be dead right now" the high priest stood up from his chair in anger with þe chr falling down Making a loud noise silencing the room.

After a while of silence someone managed to gain courage and asked in a shaky voice,

"S..so wh..what are we  go..going to do now"

"We have to cut the problem from the root itself to solve it before this problem grows anymore"

"What do you mean high priest?" 

"Lady Ixia" a person dressed as a gurd says lightly  making a straight face.

"WHAT" hearing it all the people except the high priest shouts with shock.

"High priest i know people supports you a lot but if they come to know about it somehow, I don't even know what they will do"

"It was lady ixia who brought that filthy human here if we want to deal with the human we've to do this, and who do you think stays with lady ixia all the time?" The high priest asks while making a disgusting smile.

"The human" 

"Correct if something happens to poor lady ixia the first suspect would be the human, after that we can just kill her and everyone will just think she fled after killing a beastkin" saying it with a smug smile the high priest sits in his chair with a relaxed face.

Hearing him some people we're still reluctant but finally all accepted to go with his plan.

What no one noticed though was a shadow of someone in cloak standing just outside the window hearing everything.

'I see, when I saw the high priest going with such anger from lord Axel's house I thought he will do something, well this just makes my task now I don't have to do anything to deal with the human' and with that the person leaves the place.

_____________________________________________________

In another part of the village in a house which was better looking than most houses there, a middle aged person with wolf ears and tail was standing in the balcony.

'Hmm if this high priest deals with the human it will make things a lot easier for me' while he was engrossed in his thoughts a person in cloak appeared from his back.

"Sir grimlock I'm back" the person in cloak greets the wolf beastkin while bowing.

"Ohh you returned so did you found anything important" he asked with anticipation not able to control himself.

"Yes its just as you predicted , the high priest is planning to take revenge on the human but.." he hesitated to say the rest of the information a bit.

"What but tell everything you know, i want every single information about what the high priest is planning" 

"The high priest is planning to k..kill lady Ixia and.." before he could finish the vase near grimlock is thrown at the wall breaking into pieces with him breathing heavily with anger on face.

"That bastard he wants to kill MY Ixia for his stupid plan, I've been trying to marry her for so many years since I first saw her and he wants to kill her"

"Sir if you want I can kill him without anyone knowing" the person in cloak suggested.

"....hmm no let him continue with his plan" after calming a bit grimlock said with a calm face which was too different from his face just a few seconds ago.

"But sirr.." 

"You’re going to ..." with that he made his own plan to achieve his own motives.

"Your task will be done sir" the person in cloak said while bowing.

"Hmm good, you may leave now" and with that grimlock is again sitting in his room alone.

'You shouldn't have come in my way high priest Christophe, but bad for you now you also have to face the same consequences as the human'.

13