It All Starts From Under A Rock
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Around 500 years ago, a mountain of rocks spawned near the Holy Empire. Nobody knows why or how. The Empire sent people there to investigate consisting of knights, priests, and researchers, but nobody found anything but traces of unknown magic. The priests believe that this mountain was formed by the Gods and thus named the mountain the Holy Mountain. 

However, the Saintess was given an oracle by the Gods that the mountain was not their doing and the name was taken back. The Emperor deemed that if it's not the Gods doing then it must be the demons. The once Holy Mountain is now feared by everyone and guarded heavily. 

Nothing ever happens to it. It never moves, it never makes a sound, it was never visited by any demons, and yet with the approval of the Gods and the Emperor, the Saint of every generation was tasked to guard it.

Ixia was pissed. Rightfully so. She was the second princess of the kingdom and is now the newly awakened Saintess AND she is going to the academy soon. So why the fuck does she needs to guard a fucking rock mountain of all things? Why not let other saints do this? Especially when the conflict is at the other fucking end of the Empire.

"Ughhhh." Ixia wanted to pull her hair. "You!" She points to one of the guards "Everything here is so boring, what do you usually do?" She demands with a haughty tone

"Your Highness, we usually stand here on guard looking out for noises or movements!" The guard speaks in a shaky tone.

Ixia can only snort, "This thing doesn't even make any sound let alone move. Are you taking me for an idiot?" Hands on her hips

The guard stumbles in fear, "N-no, Your Highness, we usually look for noises like-"

As if nature was on the guard's side a random noise appears from the forest.

"-that.." The guard lowers his head, expecting an outburst.

The Saintess' face reddens, "that's just some fucking critter, you fucking idiot." Her voice echoes. With a hmph the princess turns around and left stomping the ground, each steps causing great tremors for the ants underground, back to her mansion. A mansion that was built for the saints that was tasked to guard this rock.

The guard finally sighs in relief. Not for long.

All of a sudden, the ground rumbles, and the mountain shakes.

The guards were frozen, this had never happened before. They had drills sure, but this was completely different.

The Chief Guard, Houston, immediately woke the guards who were in a trance, "Guards! Ready your weapons! Get in position! Remember the drill!"

The guards immediately get back on their feet and ready their shields and spears. 

The princess turns around with wide eyes and summons her halberd from her storage ring. 

The earthquake worsens and something is erupting from the mountain.

"EVERYONE BACK OFF!" Houston shouts. 

Everyone immediately backs down before the mountain explodes.

Dust filled the air with rock fragments scattering out from the mountain. The fragments hit a few soldiers before Ixia cast her spells.

"Barrier!" a transparent shield with a golden hue appears protecting the rest of the soldiers from the debris also preventing them from running astray.

The dust was dissipating from the air, and through the clearing was a monkey with radiant golden-white hairs, his eyes were glowing with a sinister red as if the world had wronged him. A circlet of red gold adorned with 2 scorching red feathers attached to the front, crowns his head. His grand yet alien golden attire shines brighter than Ra, the Sun God. A red-golden cape, with the words "The Great Sage, Heaven's Equal" written in Mandarin, proof of his title. His dark red staff with shining gold ornaments stood beside him, waiting to be used.

"Heh." His voice echoes, "They thought they could keep ME there forever?" He laughs sinisterly.

"WHO ARE YOU? ARE YOU WITH THE DEMONS?" Ixia shouts, her halberd pointing at him, her barrier firm.

"Have you not heard? I am The Monkey King, and I do have some friends that call themselves that, not my thing though." He speaks with an impish tone yet somehow with more dignity than the Emperor.

Ixia held her halberd tighter. 

The princess wanted to probe more, but the chief had heard enough, "Your Highness, dispel the barrier, he's with the demons!"

"No, I-"

The Monkey King without a care in the world walked closer, each step causing great tremor to everyone around him. "What is this annoying thing?" He tapped the barrier, "Oh it broke.."

The Chief, Houston took this as a threat and, "CHARGEEE!" charged. 

His soldiers quickly followed his suit.

The soldiers with their spears pointing at him charged. Spears were their choice of weapon because it allowed them to have a range advantage. Unfortunately, no range can't be covered by the Ruyi Jingu Bang as The Monkey King extended his staff and swiped at the soldiers.

His weapon was blunt, yet it tears through the soldiers.

The Chief was dumbfounded, he had never heard of a weapon that could change its reach, nor did he know how much force has to be wielded to tear a full-armoured soldier with a blunt weapon. In just one single swipe, Houston realized this was not an opponent he could face. "'Halt!"

The Monkey King smiles devilishly, "done already? Then I guess it's my turn now." The Monkey King pounced from soldier to soldier before finally targeting Houston. 

Houston held his spear ready, as death was coming from him. He accepts his fate, as he was already an old man but at least Her Highness has to get away. So he held his spear again for the last time.

As The Monkey King came closer, a voice screeched.

"WAIT!" 

"Hm?" He looked to the source of the sound, Ixia.

"Wait, stop." Houston was her mentor, she can't have him dead, not yet.

"Hm?"

"M-my name is Ixia, The Second Princess of The Holy Empire and one of The Saintess of the Nine Gods!"

A mocking smile appear on The Monkey King's face. "As if I'm afraid of your "gods". I've fought thousands of them, what is nine? Much less their saintess." He picked up his staff and point it towards Ixia. "I will spare this man if you can stand 3 seconds against me."

The Saintess ready her halberd and charge her Faith then rush towards The Monkey King. "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME!" 

"Oh, you're just running to your own death." The Monkey King snickers.

Ixia swings her halberd onto his neck, but the strike was tanked by Ruyi Jingu Bang. Putting them into a halt.

'Hm, the power of the gods feels different, interesting. But still, weak.'

The Monkey King push his staff into the hold, pushing Ixia away and making her lose her balance.

He enlarges his staff and swings it overhead. "One."

Ixia dodges to her right in reflex, leaving nothing but a crater in the ground, and readies her halberd, her objective: survive. 

Monkey King shrunk his staff and dashes. His staff swings from his right.

Ixia parries the swing, she wants to use this as a chance to attack, but The Monkey King does not leave any openings.

Before she can get any poke done, The Monkey King already has another swipe coming, this time to her right. "Two."

Ixia ducks down and back off, dodging the swipe. 

In the last second, The Monkey King tries another overhead swing.

Ixia tries to block the attack and realizes, "Its... So... Heavy..." She struggles.

"3." The Monkey King stops putting strength into his attack and puts his staff away. "You won! Congrats!" He claps.

Ixia's knees are already weak, and she finally crumbles but at least she can finally sigh in relief as her objective is done.

0