Prologue
104 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A room bathed in a pool of blood. That's the only way to describe the room, which is currently inhabited by a man who is topless and splattered with blood all over his face and body. The man is 6 feet 2 tall, with a ripped, lean body that is brimming with muscles in the right places, dark skin, white buzz cut hair, and a face which could captivate any female who is gazing at it.

 

“Y-you! Do you think you could e-escape after all of t-this!”

 

The bloodied man hanging in front of him with no clothing on, both wrists chained upwards toward the ceiling, seemed to have no effect on the man as he continued to sharpen the knife in his hand. Four dead bodies, each with a bullet hole in their forehead, were lying on the floor of the room they were in, spread around them, completely naked, and covered in wounds.

 

“Do you hear me?! You f-fucking psychopath!”

 

The bloodied man's words caused the individual to gaze at him. Looking at the man's eyes, it held no emotions at all.

 

“You talk too much for a man who is about to die.”

 

“I-I-I’m a S-Senator of this country! Your actions will not go u-undiscovered by the law! Once I get out of here —”

 

*Slit!*

 

The bloodied man began to convulse, his eyes widened as he felt a slit in his neck and saw a fountain of blood oozing from his throat. At that moment, the convulsing man's body stopped shaking, and the sound of clashing chains gradually subsided as the victim's dead body hung in front of the perpetrator.

 

*Bang!*

 

Then, after a brief period of silence, a gunshot reverberated throughout the entirety of the room, and a trail smoke could be seen rising from the gun the man is holding.

 

As he placed the gun on the table behind him and cleansed the knife he used to slit the senator's throat, the man who killed the senator acted as if it was nothing unusual for him.

 

Then, sitting on a chair just in front of the senator's lifeless body, he lit a cigarette. While smoking, he gazed around the room, observing the bodies that were around him, before turning his attention back to the window.

 

The moonlight illuminated the pitch-black room that was covered with the blood of the victims the man had killed, as well as the man seated in the chair. He fixed his gaze on the moon, which appeared to be staring back at him in all of its majesty as it shone on him through the window.

 

“My first kill back then, it looked a lot similar compared to now. The evening sky filled with stars, a dark room full of blood, and the light of the moon shining towards me.”

 

*Police Sirens*

 

“Ah, yes. The police sirens. Although, back then, I wasn’t the one who is about to be captured.”

 

Just outside the room he is in right now, the sound of many footsteps and police sirens echoed across the area. The building that he is in is surrounded by police cars and numerous law enforcement personnel who are all equipped with multiple weapons outside the window.

 

He moved by the window, opened it, and looked up at the sky filled with stars while the sound of footsteps outside the room grew closer and closer.

 

“This is the end, I guess. Looking back at it now, my life was a life lived through a path made of blood and a trail of corpses along the way.”

 

He then pointed the gun he was holding towards his head, looked at the bright moon, smiled lightly, and said,

 

“Although, if given a chance to live again, I wouldn’t change a single thing.”

 

*bang!*

 

3