Returning
54 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a miracle.

Mirio Togata, a boy who had died in a terrorist attack by a South Korean Villain known as Erase-Man at the tender age of ten, somehow stumbled into a police station without a injury on his body and also looking like a penguin lost in a desert.

Most of the police officers at the time had a hard time believing it, heads glancing down at the records—the picture of a younger version of the man before them giving the camera a thumbs up— and then gazing back to said man with disbelief staining their features.

However, any doubt was dashed the second they did a DNA test, a 100% match all they needed to no longer look at the whole ordeal with suspicion.

Next though, was questioning, and a lot of it.

After that, Mirio Togata, was officially reinstated back into society. No longer the young hopeful ten year old but now a fully fledged hunk of muscle and might.

He was monitored somewhat closely for a month, a few patrol cars passing in front of the Togata's old home that had not been sold for the fact a cousin of the family was renting it out. 

A great woman, seeing as when the police gave her a call and explained the bizarre circumstances, she happily gave it to Mirio almost like a gift, letting the boy live in a familiar place to help ease himself back into a hopefully normal life.

They even gave him a few options for therapy, but he was always adamant about the fact he can't really fix what he can't remember. 

A pity.

As a result, he was playing catch up on an online schooling program meant for people with Quirks that wouldn't work well in a classroom or have been subject to Quirks that affected their minds.

It seemed he was intelligent enough, because after six months Mirio finished his third year of high school with flying colors, and once he was given his diploma and the government and charity checks were no longer coming his way, Mirio gave only a radiant smile and spoke a single sentence.

"I want to be a Hero."

With such a declaration, another six months of Public Sidekick Training, or the PST course, and Mirio Togata —or Lemillion— was officially recognized as a Level 2 Professional Hero. He was forced to be a sidekick though, and only after two years of experience and a recommendation could he spread his wings and go solo if he wished.

Two years under a decent Hero, and he did exactly that, doing good work as his own Hero but never excelling more than needed.

Like this, eight more years passed, and now he could return to his second home.

"Finally."

Mirio smiled ear to ear, spreading his arms wide and far while laughing aloud.

Before him, UA stood gloriously with its four towers of class, gleaming like a still water reflecting light.

'You look insane Mirio.' Nana giggled from inside his his head

Mirio rolled his eyes, 'Try having a woman in your head for eleven years'

'Try living in a man's head for eleven years.' Nana countered.

They both fell into silence, gazing at the gates of UA, aimlessly watching the sight of wind blowing the greenery of the small forest thicket surrounding the building.

'Touche,' Mirio grumbled before dropping his smile.

Next, he grabbed the suitcase resting at his feet, made sure to smooth out any wrinkles of his white long sleeved collared shirt, adjusted the yellow tie he wore, patted his black slacks, and tapped his shiny black shoes.

He was as ready as he ever would, and the meeting with a certain animal was scheduled in five minutes was all but the final nail.

With a first firm step, then a light but shaky second, Mirio started to once again feel the weight on his shoulders. 

It had always been there, a full decade of it pressing down on him constantly, but today the consequences made it all the more heavier.

He had not sat idle all this time, he changed things, moved around pieces of the board for hope of a better tomorrow. Although, the most important important alteration was himself.

He was a Pro Hero now, a real one, not one sworn in by a desperate Hero Commission with little regard for his actual image or ideals. Back then he had been more soldier than Hero, had caused and seen more death than any one man should see.

The last eight years had been kind.

Eight years of Hero work, eight years of living alone in a house that was both his and wasn't, eight years of no blood shed, and eight years of knowing a future that would force people to do unspeakable things.

The USJ had to happen, All for One needed to appear at Kamino Ward to fight All Might with full confidence, and he needed All for One to be inside Tartarus when he moved.

However, those things were still months away, maybe even a year or two if everything happened as Mirio predicted and hoped.

'You will be fine, you have proved yourself doing far more challenging things then teaching a bunch of brats.' Nana chuckled at his own despair.

Mirio exhaled, stepping onto the staircase leading up to the high school he attended all those years ago.

'Yeah, laugh it up, you only had to teach All Might, that was a freebie if I have ever seen one.' Mirio met eyes with the security guard who nodded his way. 'Plus, the future we have seen is barley holding on by threads, we know what All for One will do, but everyone else...'

Nana shrugged, 'Cross the bridge when we come to it, even if its on fire.'

Mirio shrugged in agreement.

"Nezu is on floor seven farthest door down hall." The security guard spoke while drawing Mirio from his small talk with his companion.

"Thank you," Mirio slightly bowed toward the guard before entering, eyes looking up to catch the security cameras that he knew a certain rodent would be watching him on.

Just to make everything a tad bit more interesting, Mirio smiled and waved at them, knowing Nezu would probably be questioning how he knew.

Focusing back down, Mirio was met with a wave of nostalgia like no other. The same doors in the same places, water fountains he had drank from, hallways he had walked, a few classrooms he had sat in, windows showing fields and gyms he had used, and even familiar walls he would phase through to get places faster.

Good times, he sincerely hoped he could make better ones this time around.

Mirio faked a sense of awe and wonder, glancing everywhere to make sure he didn't look too comfortable in a place he just entered.

UA was THE best Hero school in Japan, so for a low ranked Hero who went through Public Hero Courses it should be an honor—or bitter— for him to see.

"You must be Lemillion."

Mirio stopped, turning slowly before seeing a familiar face, one he would never forget.

Luckily his poker face had been put through the ringer of seeing people he had seen or heard die be alive and well.

"Midnight?" He asked with a quirked brow.

She had a mischievous mask on her beautiful features, blue eyes honed liked a predator as she looked at him. Mirio noted the gray collared shirt tucked into a black office skirt that hugged her figure, not deliberately looking while he did.

Midnight— Nemuri Kayama— smirked from her place leaning against the wall, hands with purple fingernails adjusting red and angular glasses before speaking, "The one and only. I heard you want to teach class 1-A?"

Right for the throat, Mirio knew she was like this, he sat through her classes for two agonizing years after all.

"Yes." Mirio continued walking.

He also knew how to play her game.

Midnight balked, pushing off the wall and hurrying after him, black heels clacking and legs straining against her black office skirt.

Mirio was forced to hide his smile when she caught up.

"So you are Aizawa's friend? How must that be, having to look into his dead eyes and smell the coffee practically dripping off him?"

Mirio grunted, "It's nice."

The curt reponse had the R-rated Hero sputtering, her face scrunching up cutely before she furrowed her brows.

"Say," her pale slender hands clasped onto Mirio's arm and pressed soft pillows against his bicep. "If we are going to be colleagues why don't we get to know each other, a janitor closet if you are down, maybe a classroom if-"

"No thank you." Mirio spoke, phasing his arm—he had plenty of time to get multiple sets of clothes made in his hair and DNA— and walking on unabated.

The growl behind him was a surprise, especially what came next, lean and long yet strong arms grabbing Mirio and pinning him against the wall.

"You walk in here, having a smug smile, looking handsome, not even glancing at any part of my body and supposedly want to join the teaching staff of UA while piggy backing off a 'favor' of Aizawa?" She leaned in close, face inches from Mirio. "Who do you think you are?"

Mirio's heart skipped a beat, part of his mind stupidly remembering that maybe at some point in his teens he did think of this woman in a 'healthy' manner back when he was in his original universe, but the rest of his mind found it amusing.

He had now witnessed both sides of the coin, being Midnight's student and fighting back a blush and the rise of something thay wasnt the sheild hero, to being a potential colleague she had no qualms trying to seduce.

Only if Nana didn't decide to talk.

'You will be late for your meeting.'

Mirio mentally made peace before he winked at Midnight and spoke, "Mirio Togata," 

He made sure to always remember the look of pure anger on Midnight's face as he phased through the wall behind him, having enough of the school's layout in his head to know it was simply the General Education classes that would be empty on the other side.

He exited out the far wall quickly, found the elevator, and then stepped out to see the familiar red door with Nezu's name on it.

Mirio would potentially be working here, he knew he would have plenty of situations with Midnight and everyone else, but for the moment he had some more important things to tale care of.

The lives of millions were in his hands, it seemed his Hero name was quite fitting.

With measured steps he found himself standing before it, heart beating like a drum in his chest as he simply stared forward.

There was no going back.

5