037
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My lady, I must confess to killing in your name. My skies have darkened, but I know your rain will soon bring life to this weird place called Earth. My hands have gone from pink to red, yet I feel no remorse because I know I did the right thing. That Jori was opposed to what I now know has been your plan all along -- killing the Eye and making *you* the most powerful god of all. He had to go. I feel bad for Sven, but even he will see it was right in the end. And now he is fully onboard with our plan! He keeps saying how the Heart would never have allowed Jori to die. If only he knew!

The main opposition to our plans now is Chastity. And Justice, but she's being held at knifepoint at all times and she's tied up. Nobody's gonna listen to her. Noah won't even give her artifacts back, though he says he will once Antimogne is defeated. He lent me his Tesla rod, so I won't be useless in Golgotha. Anyway, he found out that one Justice's artifacts can let you go back in time. Up to a minute a day or something. She was using it to try to kill us because we're heretics! Oh, how terrible that would have been!

While we rode that stinky dragon to Smirkton, we saw below us a half-human monster that looked a lot like a carrotfolk, though it was bloated and deformed. Noah thinks it was Kirsa, and she'd been turned into some monster. If so, I pray you will help her, my lady. That is a terrible fate for anyone. This world has such horrors. I cannot wait for you to become the prime god, my lady. I am vibrating with excitement with each passing moment.

Everyone in Smirkton is a Smile Heretic, pretty much. The place is run by the Smile Syndicate. They're all so creepy. I like our version of happiness, my lady, much better than theirs. It feels so hollow. They don't care about love at all -- only raw joy. Right away, when we landed in town, they started trying to convince us to convert. Apparently, they can change your class if you let them. I don't have a class, and nobody else in the group was interested. Justice asked them to free her, but they just smiled at her. We left Undoing outside of town.

Sitting at our table at the inn, we were all discussing how we were going to assault Golgotha and stop Emperor Antimogne's plans. I saw it as a good opportunity to try to convince everyone again to make you the prime god of this world. Sven said he was "partial" to the plan, which I think means yes? But Chastity and Noah were acting weird. They weren't acting like they loved me. Could it be that they know I murdered Jori? I made sure they weren't looking when I pushed him into the maw of that big red visnake. It was so scary, but I had to do it. You know as well as I, because we are of the same soul.

I felt that wherever Chastity goes, Noah will, and wherever Noah goes, Bee will follow. I felt like if I couldn't convince Chastity, I'd have to resort to more dramatic measures. I saw my opportunity when one of those yellow-faced Smile Heretics approached our group and told Noah their leader had a message for him. His smiley face was so happy, but he seemed sinister. I knew right away he was pure evil.

Noah and Sven went, leaving Berenice and I guarding Justice in our room, and Chastity on her own with Angel. I asked Bee if it was me against Noah and the rest of the group, if she would side with me, but she just asked why that would ever happen, and I didn't know what to say. I snuck out, saying I was going to the bathroom, but I approached that creepy smile guy downstairs and hit him with my hearts. I told him Chastity was by herself and they could get her if they wanted to. They did want to. As it turns out, Noah and Sven would be ambushed when they went to fetch the message, and at the same time, because of me, the Smile Heretics tried to get Chastity.

She was wounded, but Angel killed both of the Heretics that tried to kill Chastity. Nobody knows it was me who set the whole thing up, so I'll be able to try again soon to kill her. Poor Chastity. It's not her fault she picked the wrong god, but there's nothing I can do now. She's too stubborn; she has to die. Noah and Sven returned from the Smile Syndicate building without a scratch on them. Apparently, they killed a bunch of Heretics, but not their leader. He really did have a message for them: a letter from Emperor Antimogne. I have it with me now. Here's what it says:

*I trust my gift of mercenary strife*
*Doth place a smile upon thy face, thou traitor.*
*If not, then let me try to raise thine spirits:*
*Vincenzio is dead, and Venus, too.*
*Thy quaint revolt endured for but a week.*
*And Graven's free, and hates you more than I.*
*What secrets from Annatto thou didst learn,*
*He knows not, but I know you know that I*
*Possess an artifact I'll use to kill the Eye*
*And soon be God to rule harshly from the sky.*
*Thy havoc wrought upon Annatto's vault*
*Leaves me unswayed -- my treasures have been stashed*
*In hidden holds, repurposing Annatto*
*For her ancient purpose: killing Dragons.*
*Aye, well I am privy to the dragon, since I've watched*
*Thy movements close. And of Jorimont's demise,*
*That traitorous flameblood, aye, I'm well appraised.*
*Visnakes, such fiends of magic, prone to frenzy*
*By slightest touch of antimagic's hand.*
*A pity they did not kill more of you.*
*Yet fear not: At Golgotha I shall wait*
*To kill what they could not. Alas, thy force*
*But one dragon boasts! 'Twixt gnoms and elves*
*I've sown discord; the elves fear for their home,*
*So not a dragon spared besides the one.*
*One dragon? Is that all thine arsenal?*
*Know this: I've allied with the Shadow King.*
*Be kind and please tell traitor Sven of this,*
*To conjure visions of Natalia Rezai,*
*His quartz friend, ripped apart by shadow hands.*
*His fate will mirror hers, and so will yours,*
*And soon I'll claim the prime divinity.*
*Thou couldst have been mine foremost acolyte;*
*Instead, to thine demise thou dost take flight.*

The letter was horrible. It upset Sven even more than he was before. Please, my lady, if you can, please smite Antimogne and Chastity both. They both stand in our way. Without them, you will be the prime god for sure, and humanity will have happiness and love forever.

0