Chapter 1: A tricksters beginning
55 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am Kyouka or at least that's what my name was before I woke up in this unfamiliar place. 

I can see a medical table in the room I'm caged in, but the weird thing is this doesn't look like a hospital room, but more like a lab. 

"Hello Miss Noah" (???)

"Who are you" She wasn't sure why he called her Noah, but that must be her name. 

"Me? Oh I'm but a humble researcher who wants to know what you're capable of"(???)

"What I'm capable of?" what is this crazy scientist talking about? 

"You don't have to pretend, we know some of your abilities already, we just need you to demonstrate what you are capable of doing with them" (???)

"My abilities. What are you talking about?" I was desperately trying to free myself from the chains when suddenly the so-called researcher tried to stab me only for the knife to break. 

"What just happened?" I questioned but he didn't reply, instead, he started slashing at me. 

But for some reason, I wasn't hurt, not even slightly. What was going on? 

"You can harden your skin quite well for an Esper"(???)

"What do you mean Esper, I'm just a normal girl" Esper. Me?  How come? 

"Who do you think you're trying to fool Detective Noah Neon, we've spent a lot of people trying to  capture you, and now that you are in our hands we will see what other human weapons we can make." (???)

"I'm not going to let that happen" Even if I don't know what I'm capable of doing, let's escape from here first. 

"Oh you think you can escape, think again, we know you can manipulate sound waves and transform your body into weapons, you have no way of escaping from here"(???)

"Let me give you a hint then, don't talk too much, I may have amnesia but that doesn't mean you should give me information" Sound wave manipulation and Limbs that can harden and turn into blades, aren't I quite overpowered for someone that just reincarnated, even though I clearly remember dying from heart failure in the hospital. Regardless I need to escape and I have just the thing I need in my hands. 

"This place doesn't have what it takes to keep me contained" I changed my hands into swords and started swinging, but that was not the end of it I manipulated the sound my sword hands made and shredded the scientist along with the place completely. 

"Now where should I go, I'm hungry." I started walking, then I stopped because I saw how I looked in a shard of glass nearby, from what I can tell my hair color is a mix of violent and aqua, and my eyes are also two tones of the same colors. 

"Are those clothes mine" I saw a hoodie, a knee-length skirt, and headphones, I changed out of the hospital gown and put on the hoodie skirt and headphones, and started heading in a random direction.

"Seriously, they kidnapped her, and she died, and I was reincarnated into her body. Who exactly is Noah Neon in this world" I pondered when I suddenly smelled something delicious and my stomach started rumbling. 

"Well let's not think on an empty stomach" I started running toward the stall and ordered some dango to eat while walking around, what I didn't expect was that the stall owner would stop me. 

"Are you perhaps Noah Neon of the Kagero detective agency?"(the shop owner)

"I am, so what?" I glared at him and he backed off, but the commotion he caused caught the attention of the people that were looking for me. 

I ran into an alleyway and shouted "Who are you, and why are you following me!?" and someone showed up in front of me. 

"Lady Neon it's me Shuuya Kyo your subordinate in the Kagero agency."(Kyo)

"I would have bought that if I hadn't escaped from my kidnappers just now" I prepared to transform my arms into blades, but the man in front of me raised his hands in defeat.

"Miss Noah I'm here to bring you back to the agency not to harm you, as for the guys that kidnapped you, we dealt with them permanently." 

"Fine bring me back to the agency, but I won't go easy on you or anyone else if you try something funny." I glared at him then we moved to a nearby car and drove straight to the agency. 

"Welcome Miss Noah to the Kagero Agency, home to many Espers that have nowhere to go, but we are also the hunting dogs of the government, ones that operate in the shadows, what we show on the surface is that we're normal humans but the reality is often cruel." (Kyo)

"Enough of the theatrics, why did you bring me here?"

"Simple, we would like to welcome you into our ranks."(kyo)

"HUH?" I was confused, but I shook his hand and said "Well I have nothing better to do so sure glad to be here"

1