Change & Arrival (Pilot)
85 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is messed up...." said a girl with long silver hair.

Her eyes lifelessly looked at the reflection of herself from the pond, suddenly she held her head with both hands, "GOD DAMN IT!! at least do either one!! you can't just take away my wiener and send me somewhere!!" she cried out before falling to her knees dramatically.

"Shit....if i had known this damn thing would do crazy stuff like this i would've refused the mission damn it!!" she held a simple looking copper amulet before smacking it to the ground several times in anger. "This was suppose to be my last mission too damn it......!!" she exclaimed, and after several more outburst she stood up again and sighed deeply. 

"Then again.....i should've known something named 'Cursed Amulet' would cause some trouble...." she reasoned with herself while putting dusting off the amulet and pocketing it in her jacket. She noticed her chest while doing so, "guh....this could get in the way if i don't fastened them...." she then reached around her groin, after a few moments she sighed. It is gone.

It was suppose to be Kai's last mission before retiring and getting into a normal life, as they weren't interested in assassinations because it would mean they have to constantly be covering and restricting their own movement so as not to be traced and chased after. He was opting for a more peaceful life, get a part time job, a simple place to live, and enjoy life. He wasn't really interested in a relationship besides camaraderie and familial bonds. Kai cringed remembering the one girl he had a relationship with one time. He hoped the best for her...

She sighed deeply and looked around while cupping her cheeks, she was in an unfamiliar forest with a pretty dense fog but that wasn't her main concern, the main problem is that she is surrounded by many people. And she felt a rather significant pressure from one of them, as if they have a unique type of energy flow than a normal human. She had only ever felt such a presence only twice in her lifetime, and the best way to deal with them is by not tackling them head-on, she raised both her arms and turn towards the presence closes to her.

At the very least, she doesn't sense any blood lust or killing intent from them fortunately, though the pressure is still unnerving her a bit. She would escape but that would be more of a detriment as she had spent most of her shinobi tools during her mission, as well as her ninjato sword. And she is exhausted to top it all off, but just in case she still have some smoke bombs and other emergency weapons just in case this negotiation goes south.

"I am unarmed.....i have no intention of fighting...." she raised her voice directed to them.

A few seconds later, she heard heavy foot steps coming towards her, and by the sound of the steps using her trained shinobi sense it sounded as if their boots are reinforced to which she finds a bit strange. Their figure is finally coming out of the fog, revealing a tall man wearing what seems to be armor, a fancy looking armor she noticed, the white haired girl raised her brow curiously at that. The armored man was tall and once he got closer to her, she finally got a good look at his face. He was quite the looker the shinobi now kunoichi had to admit. He was a handsome with short red hair with a faint scar over the left side of his right eye.

"A woman....?" the knight looking man's eyes widened in surprise but he immediately regained his wary expression again and, "who are you and what is your business here...." he questioned her with warning tone while narrowing his eyes at her. He is more on guard than before as he had never seen such strange clothing before throughout his entire duty. It's even stranger since the clothes gives a more masculine look than a feminine one, and judging by her expression she is strangely calm despite the situation.

"I mean no harm, i don't have any weapons on me either....." of course she lied, a ninja always have hidden weapons on them, and they are well hidden, she just needed to be convincing after all. She unzipped her black hoodie jacket and began taking it off, revealing her form fitting gray tank top, as well as her bountiful bosoms. The knight's jaw dropped, "....What on earth are you doing....!!?" startling her, "proving that im unarmed..??" she told him while feeling confused, she looked down on her body to make sure nothing looked suspicious. "Damn.....no wonder its pretty tight around my chest...." she said under her breath.

"Cover yourself immediately! NOW!" the now flustered knight yelled at her while averting his gaze. "But don't you wanna see if i am armed or not....?" she lifted her tank top slightly revealing her belly that has faint ab lines, causing the knight to be even more shocked. "Have some shame" another voice spoke, surprising them both. The knight looked surprised but composed himself immediately and bowed his head, "my Lord!" he addressed.

The man that had just appeared looked ethereal, and seemed to be someone of high importance. Judging from his outfit, something that royalty would wear, dark with gold trim lines, at the same time she also got a confirmation that he is the source of that pressure she felt earlier. He had shoulder length raven hair, silver earring on his right ear, pale skin, ruby colored eyes,  and is wearing a cold expression, he raised his hand to signal the knight as before walking closer towards her with said knight in behind him. Kai had to look up once they were close, they are taller than she thought, "who are you?" the raven haired man looked down on her and stared directly at her eyes with his sapphire orbs. 

"Umm......im Kai...?" she awkwardly said while slowly shrugging, she also could've sworn his eyes was literally glowing earlier. Both him and the knight were surprised thus confusing Kai further, the same man took a step closer to her and his was face was only a few inches to her's now, "who. are. you...?" he asked her again with a more grim tone than before. Blinking a few times Kai scratched her cheek, "im a gu-.....girl named, Kai....??" she answered back, "....this is impossible...." the knight nervously said with a shaken expression. The raven haired man narrowed his eyes at her, she felt the pressure getting stronger as she locked eyes with him.

But suddenly, her instinct acted up, she felt another presence, this time with a very strong killing intent. And it's directed towards not her, but to the guy that is currently staring at her, she broke eye contact by glancing to the left the moment she heard the sound something being shot, most likely from a bow or crossbow. She then grabbed him by the collar, and kicked the knight's stomach that is luckily armored to knock him down and using the momentum from said kick to also pull down the ruby eyed man with her to avoid getting hit by that arrow. The knight managed to roll along and regained his balance in a one knee position, he gripped his sword but the sound of something hitting the tree a made him looked towards that direction. Upon seeing the freshly embedded arrow on said tree, he already realized the situation and raised his voice "there was an attempt at His Highness's life! assassins!" he stood up and unsheathed his long sword.

"Tch!" Kai got up and looked around scanning their surrounding. "Protect the Prince!" one soldier sprinted towards them, pulling out his sword, she felt the same killing intent emanating from that knight coming their way, he was one of them she figured out. Reaching behind her hip for one of her hidden weapons to fight, but then someone suddenly intercepted the imposter to her surprise, it was the redhead knight. He quickly positioned himself in the middle and as the assailant swung down their sword, he did a shoulder tackle during in the middle of them swinging their sword. The assassin was viciously knocked down, and immediately impaled in the neck by the knight, he sensed another person behind him but then suddenly a shadow past him faster than he could see.

It was the mystery woman, she dealt a killing blow to the one sneaking up on him, by slashing his neck, he quickly surmised by observing the strange looking dagger on her left hand and the wound inflicted upon the assassin. "Stay close to him and hide behind the trees!" she told the other knights helping the one they called Prince up, the red haired knight looked at them and nodded, giving them a confirmation to follow her suggestion. "You may have saved his Highness, but i still don't trust you....." he looked at her eyes sternly and looked back at the embedded arrow then the assassin she killed, "but for now...." the two went to back to back with each other in their own form of stance. 

".....we have assassins to kill"

 

0