MEETING WITH AN ‘ANGEL’ & EXAM
606 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is there anything else to buy?"

Currently, I am standing in the convenience store, thinking about what else to buy.

Last night, when I opened my refrigerator I was surprised at how empty it was. So I thought to come at that time but... Due to my laziness, I decided not to.

So, today when classes were over, I straightly came to this store. I thought that I will decide the things I want while walking here but I didn't get the chance to...

"You can't even decide what to buy, huh, Kaneki-san?"

Yes. The girl, who is walking with me, is the reason why I didn't get the chance, or should I say I forgot what to buy after meeting her... This is all because she is also one of my heroines... Good Grief.

"Well... you can say that"

I said while keeping my gaze at the surroundings, to see the useful things I can buy and also at a reasonable rate.

She didn't reply to my words. As it looks like, she is enjoying her shopping. Well, I am not surprised though, as I have come many times to shop with different types of women.

In her shopping cart, I see every type of vegetable there, as well as some snacks also. While in mine, I put only some snacks, instant noodles, rice, meat, and some bottles of milk.

While I was wondering whether to buy anything more or not, I noticed her face looked somewhat frustrated or the face which says 'I wanted to buy this but I don't have more money', yeah something like that.

I looked at her hands which are holding two bottles of cooking oil. Is she wanted to buy two bottles of it...? Oh, I see, there is some sale going on 'buy 2 bottles of cooking oil get 1 free'. So she wanted to buy it, huh?

"Do you want to buy it?"

I asked as I approached her slowly. She gazed at me with her caramel-colored eyes, blinking twice at my words making her long slashes contract, each time she blinks.

"What?"

"I am asking this, do you want to buy that cooking oil?"

"Well, I am intended to do that, what about you?"

She said still looking at the bottle in her hand. I stood beside her and picked up a bottle of cooking oil and put it in my shopping crate.

"Oh, it says buy two get one free... Then how about we pay the price of one bottle each and the extra one we get, you can have it... How about it...?"

I asked while looking at the board and slowly turning my face to the girl, standing beside me. When she heard it, she raised her head and looked straightly into my eyes. I didn't blink my eyes and we looked at each other for a few seconds. Then she averted her eyes away.

"Why though?"

She asked while looking away.

"Well, I just thought that maybe I will get to eat something delicious from Shiina-san if I do this..."

I said in a low voice so that only she can hear. I did this because I would like to see her expression, I mean will she become embarrassed or will she glare at me...

I saw her face, she has little blush on her face... Oh she is embarrassed, isn't she? She is cute, so she is looking cuter now.

As I was thinking what to say, she turned her face and started glaring at me. Oh, she truly is... cute.

[MAHIRU SHIINA: +2 AFFECTION POINTS]

[MAHIRU SHIINA [LONE FLOWER]

AFFECTION: 8 (SCHOOLMATES!)]

I also got some affection points, huh...

"And why do you think I will make you something, if you do this, huh?"

"Well, I just wished for it. So if you don't want then don't. It's your choice after all"

I said.

She looked somewhat angry as she still glaring at me with her caramel-colored eyes, there is a little red tint on her cheek.

She then started observing my shopping crate, then let out a sigh. Hmm??

"Ok, I will make something for you."

"Oh, thank you very much."

...

After paying the bill, we are now walking side by side on the street. I am holding my bags, while Shiina-san is walking with me, also holding her bag. It's happened because...

When we successfully paid for the items we bought, I grabbed my shopping bag and as I was just going to exit the shop I noticed that the girl, who was shopping with me, has a bag which is looking heavy. So I went to her.

"Shiina-san, do you need any help?"

"No, I don't. But thank you for asking."

She clearly rejected my offer. Well it's not like I genuinely wanted to, it's just that maybe I will gain some affection points from her...

And the reason why I wanted to gain these affection points from my so-called heroines is because I wanted to see what is going to happen when one of my heroines successfully attained 100 affection points, will the system stop gaining more points from them, or it will rise more and never stop... I am really interested, which is quite a surprise for me. As I don't get interested this easily, there are only a few times I got interested in something until now.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I noticed her absence, and when I look around the store, I noticed that she had already exited the store.

I sighed lightly as I thought that I had to work more smartly from now on because I couldn't get enough affection points from them these past few days.

I found Shiina-san, who is walking on the street, but it looks like she has some difficulty holding the bags. Is this her first time grabbing this many things at once? As I noticed, I walked towards her and called out to her.

"Shiina-san, let me carry these for you."

I said and pointed my finger toward the bag she was holding.

"I am fine. And why are you still following me?"

Following you... Like hell, I will...

"No, I am not following you. Actually, my apartment is in the same direction where you are going."

"Hm"

She hummed at my words. And continue to walk alongside me. It's good that she finds me annoying. If she finds me annoying then I have to change my way of treating her, as I have to conquer them...

I am working for this goddamn system by trying to gain affection from the heroines, I know that well. But still, I can't do anything regarding that because the person who is behind all of this knew all my past and will always make me remember that hellish times, which I just want to forget. But I couldn't. This is one of my weak points... Hmm, no. It's not. Because if it is a human being who is doing all this, I can make their life completely hell but I am against a God, so it is difficult for me to go against them...

As we continue to walk to our destination, I think that, as she is one of my heroines, then maybe she lives in the same building as I am... Well, that might be one of the cases and the other is that there are many houses around that building so maybe she lives in one of that houses, just as Komi-san... Komi-san's house is just 5 houses away from my apartment. I didn't notice it that time as I didn't know the surroundings well. But I know now...

...

And my guess was right all along, she is also one of my neighbors, just like Yukino-chan and Horikita-san... The difference is that they are my side neighbors, while Shiina-san's apartment is in front of my apartment... What a great arrangement it is, huh?

"Oh, it looked like our destination is the same... Well, see you later..."

"Yes, see you... Oh right, don't forget that you have to make a dish for me..."

"Yes, yes..."

...

The next day, I started to give more attention to my surroundings... As to why, is because the girl who was shopping with me yesterday is called 'Angel' in this school. And I didn't even know about that... Even though, in the mornings I heard some things about her, who would have guessed that she is this much popular to the point, where Yukinoshita-san, herself, knows about her and is quite interested in her... Well, I can guess the reason for 'why'... All of my classmates know about her, she is like a prodigy student, who excels in everything whether it's studies, or anything else...

And since she is a prodigy, she needs to do everything she can to complete any 'task' because everyone expects it... Even though 'prodigies' don't want it, they can't do anything about it because it will cause them problems... For example, if you are a soccer prodigy, everyone expects you to score a goal in every match and you do that but if there comes a day when you didn't score that 'goal' then everyone talks all the bad about you...

I know all this because I am also a 'prodigy'...

........

Four weeks have passed since I got this system.

I don't know if I should be happy or angry with this but, one thing is sure that the thing, this system, is quite troublesome.

The abilities I have are mostly passive; I mean I don't know when it will activate. So there is no profit for me.

The second thing is that I am now getting bored with this mess, that God created. I mean it's okay, I know, to save people but I am not that type of person. I am selfish and strong. If I just have to save these girls then I will but to also increase their affection for me, it's sound so troublesome...

And also these days, it's getting difficult to gain affection. Maybe because they are expecting me to do something or anything like that, I don't know.

The more I got angry at this system or heroines, my head started to hurt.

The heroines, I unlocked until now, are getting more and more troublesome for me also.Let's take, Horikta Suzune. She looks like she will be good at studying, but her social skills are 'no' good. One time, one girl tried to ask her name, and she said 'Why do you ask?'... Yeah, she really said that, I mean I know she is an introvert or maybe a bro-con... but she needs to improve her speaking skills or I don't know what will happen to her...

Then comes, Yukino-chan... She is somewhat similar to Horikita-san. But she is worse than her, she just ignores her surroundings. Even though one specific light orange-haired girl, whose communication skills are amazing, always tries to talk to her but Yukino-chan didn't even bother to look at her...

Komi-san. She is improving at a steady rate. But she still doesn't get any more friends besides the Shikimori-san and her group.

Shikimori-san. Hmm... I don't think she needs any improvement but I will see...

The two teachers, who are my heroines, I don't know much about them that well too. The same can be said for the other heroines also, as I don't have that much interaction with them. Even though I eat lunch with two senpais, who are my heroines, I don't know much about them.

I have to do something to know more about them...

[USER. I KNEW IT. YOU REALLY ARE A TSUN~DE~RE.]

...

SHUT UP.

[~_~]

...

"Today you are going to give a short test."

Chhabashira sensei entered the class, wearing the same outfit. Does she not have any other clothes rather than these? Well, she will look good in what she is currently wearing though, but is it necessary to expose your chest like that... Well, it was an all-girls school, so it's all right, I guess. But now there is a boy also in this school...

"Why, Sae-chan sensei?"

One girl said this. And most of the students are also going along with her, saying 'Yes, we don't want to give'. But I don't know what they are afraid of...

"Calm down everyone. This will not reflect on your report card, also it will only help you to see where you are lagging, in simple words, it will help you to improve."

When she explained, everyone just looked at each other and nodded. Well, just as I expected, no one looked at me.

...

Then she distributed the papers to everyone, well to explain it more precisely, she give 6 papers to the student sitting at the front and they will pass them back.

When I got my paper, I started to examine the given paper. It consists of 20 questions, every question contains 5 marks and the total is 100.

The question's difficulty is easy, or I rather say, very easy... Except the last 4 questions whose difficulty can be said to be moderate. Should I go for a perfect score? Hmm... Let's not...I attempted all the questions, out of which only 14 of them are right, while the others are just half solved...

...

After 35 minutes, everyone stands up from their seats, one by one, and submits their answer sheets, by giving them to the respective, in-charge teacher, Chhabashira sensei. When everyone successfully submitted their respective sheet, Chhabashira sensei left the class while holding the bundle of sheets. I thought that maybe she will call out the class representative, I mean me, for help but she didn't.

"How was your paper, Horikita-san?"

"It was okay."

"I see."

"How was your paper, Yukinoshita-san?"

"..."

Why won't she reply to me whenever I ask something...? Well, let's deal with her later...As just as I thought, to deal with her any other time, time stopped along with every person, except me.

Ok. So, are there any of my heroines in danger? As I thought, I begin to search for her but there was no one, who seems to be in danger, in this class. No one is in danger, does that mean --

A). ~DO NOTHING~

B). Well, Yukino-chan if you don't want to tell, then just say so... You know, I will always respect your choice.

C). Yukino-chan, you idiot...

"Wha--"

I can't help it and yelled when I see the series of options I got this time. What the hell is wrong with you, system? What are these options?

The first one is the most normal, I was going to do that anyway, but the system stopped me, it only means that this is the wrong choice...

But if I have to choose between the other two options, which one should I choose? My relationship with her has not reached the point, where I can frankly call her 'Yukino-chan', isn't it?

I can't waste my time like this, I have to think. Yes, think calmly. Take a long breath... Okay. Let's see, the second option is the right option, I think. The third one is... I don't know how my body will react when I select this option, so I can't select the third option... Maybe I will say the lines and then started to pout... Eww, I don't need to have imagined that.

Hah, let's go with the option B.

As the time started to run again, I lost control of my body. My whole body turned towards Yuknioshita-san, who is busy reading her book.

"Well, Yukino-chan if you don't want to tell, then just say so,"

I said in a slightly low voice. I hate this.

After hearing this, she slightly raised her left eyebrow, put the book on the table, and started glaring at me. Her eyes are full of darkness, I know I made her angry by calling her by her nickname, which is used by her older sister.

"What did you just --?"

As she was going to say something, I put my index finger on her lips, to stop saying anything...

"You know, I will always respect your choice"

I said and my mouth formed a slight smile after saying this. Then I got control of my body, I reflexively backed down my hand which was on her cheek. And then I see her face... Ara...

[YUKINO YUKINOSHITA: +20 AFFECTION POINTS]

[HER IMAGE OF YOU CHANGED FROM [CLASSMATE!] TO [CRAZY SEATMATE!]]

[YUKINO YUKINOSHITA [ICE COLD PRINCESS]

AFFECTION: 30 (CRAZY SEATMATE!)]

Okay. So I gained 20 affection points from her, huh? How long has it been since I got this many points from a single heroine, maybe 1 week?

As I was thinking about trivial things, I heard the voice of the cold princess, saying something to me.

"You... Don't ever call me that"

Her personality is now coming back to normal.

"Yes, I will keep that in my mind"

I said this and started to look ahead of me, where I noticed that girl sitting in front of me is looking at me, by the corner of her eyes. Does she want me to ask her, about the test too??

"Komi-san, how was your paper?"

She shuddered at hearing my words. She looked at me straight in my eyes, when she noticed that she has been staring at me for too long. She turned her face toward the blackboard. After some seconds, she showed me the register, where she had written her reply.

'Sorry for glaring at you, Kaneki-kun'

Oh, she is worrying about that. Well, it was cute so it's alright, I think.

"What are talking about? That is what makes you more charming, Komi-san..."

I said while also writing the same thing on her register. She got flustered easily, and I again easily gained some affection from her...

[SHOUKO KOMI: +2 AFFECTION POINTS]

[HER IMAGE OF YOU CHANGED FROM [FRIEND?] TO [MY ?????]]

Hmmm? What do these many question marks mean? Is she confused about what she thinks of me?? Hmm, it is getting interesting.

'Um, I guess I will score well..."

"Oh, that's good then..."

I said and then turned my face to my back, where I could sense that the girl sitting there was glaring at me intensely. Is she jealous or what?

"How was your paper, Shikimori-san?"

I asked the same question to her, even though I know the reply, will be the same. Like 'it was good', 'it was okay', and just something like this.

"It was okay"

"I see."

...

"Good Morning, Shikimori-san..."

"Good Morning, Kaneki-san..."

I greeted the pink-haired girl, who walked towards me as soon as she saw me, leaving the building, as her house is in this neighborhood...

This is my first time, walking along with Shikimori-san. Even though, I have seen her multiple times in this neighborhood, during the morning... I didn't want to interrupt the walk; she took with her friends every morning. So, I didn't try...

Come to think of it, I didn't see them, her friends, today. Are they not going to come today? Or does she meet with them at any other place? Hmm...

"Is there any problem, Kaneki-san?"

Hmm, why do you ask? Oh, I have been staring at her all this time, that's why she asked, huh?

"No nothing."

"I see..."

"Well... I was just wondering... Where are your friends...? As you know --"

"What about my friends? Huh?"

When I tried to ask her, the thing I have been thinking about. Her eyebrows twitched and she started glaring at me... Hmm, did I ask about something I shouldn't have, hmm?

Her smiling face turned into a dark one. Some of her hair bangs, slid down to her head, trying to hide her eyes and her smile has also long gone.

"You always are with your friends, you know. Whenever my eyes 'search' for Shikimori-san, I always end up seeing her with her friends, you know..."

[MIYAKO SHIKIMORI: +10 AFFECTION POINTS]

[MIYAKO SHIKIMORI [CUTE-DANGEROUS GIRL]

AFFECTION: 40 (MY KNIGHT!)]

"O-oh is that so... Well, they said that they have something to do today. So, we are not going to school together, today..."

She said while smiling brightly.

I am getting bad vibes from her. I don't think that she got jealous when I ask her about them, but still, there might be a little chance of that being the case...

And one thing more, she doesn't need to worry about them like showing jealousy... As they are not my heroines, so I don't need to flirt with them and gain affection points from them... As to how I know about this, I have a small conversation with them, last week... But, I noticed that they were blushing while talking to me... I need to, at least, change my way of talking when I talk with normal people...

"When do you think the results of the last week's test will come, Shikimori-san?"

"Hmm, I think it will take one week but, who knows maybe they will show us today."

"I see..."

As we have already walked half of the distance, to the school bus stand.

To clear the awkwardness, which was formed between us, I asked about the test.

I didn't find the exact answer as to when the result will come out, from the internet. So I asked Shikimori-san, as I know that she must have attended some school before this, unlike me, to learn many different things...

And just as I thought, she answered my question with no difficulty... Hmm, so there is no exact time to know the results of these tests, huh?

Well, I don't want to know as I know what my result will be.

As soon as we reached the school bus stand, I noticed that there are already many students standing there. So, I called out to Shikimori-san, who seems to be finding her friends in that crowd of students.

"Shikimori-san, you can go ahead. I have something to do."

"Okay, see you in school..."

"Yeah..."

Then she walked toward that crowd and immediately found her group of friends. She, then, turned her face to me and waved her hand. Her friends also did the same. I chuckled inwardly and also did the same.

Let's see, 10 minutes are still left for the bus to come. So, let me see who is it...? Who is tailing us for quite some time?

When I turned my body, I saw that there was no one behind me. Hmm... I know, that 'she' is trying her best to not get caught but still why the hell is she doing all of this...?

...

"Himawari?"

"Heeek"

When I called out to her, she shouted in surprise. Well sorry for giving you a surprise.

Yes, the one who was tailing me is none other than Aoi Hinata or 'Himawari'. She was trying her best to hide, to not get caught by me. But her cover was... is that even called a 'cover'? She was hiding behind the electric pole, and when I turned my face, she also turned her face but her bag was still in the range of sight... So, I found it out...

"So, why were you tailing me?"

"Uh...um...umm"

Upon hearing my question, her body shuddered. She looked at me with watery eyes. Wait, why her eyes got watery all of a sudden? I didn't say anything that cruel to her...

I pondered for a moment how to deal with her... Hmm, I think the normal way should work better here...

"Himawari, why are you crying?"

"Um, sorry Ren. I am sorry but I don't want to do this but, but --"

"It's okay. It's not like I am angry with you or anything. It's just that if you have to say something, just come to your childhood friend... I will always listen to what you have to say..."

[AOI HINATA: +10 AFFECTION POINTS]

As I am surprised to get affection points from her, at this point, because I didn't say anything 'unique', which caused her affection to rise.

While I was thinking that, she jumped at me and hugged me tightly. As if she will never let me run away.

As she is shorter than me, I can feel her face on my lower chest, also because she is crying I got a stain on my shirt. Good grief.

"Himawari?"

I called out to her as the time for the bus, to arrive, is less than 1 minute.

"..."

She didn't reply to my words; she just tightens the hold on me. Hmm...

So I put one of my hands on her shoulder and one at the top of her head. She looked surprised at my sudden movements, as her body shivered slightly but she got relaxed when I started to pat her head.

"Himawari?"

"Hmmm"

When I, again, called out her name in a low voice while patting her head, she just hummed and said nothing else.

What is with this cute creature?

"We can't stand here all day long, you know... And we have school also, so you know..."

"No"

This girl. If she will not let me go, then the bus will leave soon. And then we have to search for a taxi, to reach the school. I don't want the latter as I don't bring that much money, I can't pay for both of us... But still, there is a chance that she will pay... Yeah, it will be great if she pays for both of us...

"Himawari, is there anything you want?"

"What are you saying?"

"I am saying, is there anything you want, in return for that, could you release me?"

"Hm... I want you"

"Um, no that's a bit too much."

What the hell is she talking about? She wants me, 'The Great Me', huh... No that's a bit too exaggeration, isn't it?

I mean, if any cute girl says to you that she wants you, a normal high school boy will immediately say 'yes' without even thinking twice... But I am not like them because I value myself more than anyone else. It's only because I am a subject, released from 'White Room' and also due to the training I got even after running from the former place...

"No? Then, what about a date?"

Hmm... 'Date', huh? Well, I have no problem with going on a date. In the near future, I might have to go on a date with my heroines. And the girl, who wants to go on a date, is also one of my heroines. Then it will work perfectly. I can also take notes while doing this 'Date' thing... Because I have never done this 'Date'...

"Ok"

"Huh... Really?"

"Yes"

"Thank you, thank you..."

[AOI HINATA: +5 AFFECTION POINTS]

[HER IMAGE OF YOU CHANGED FROM [CHILDHOOD FRIEND!] TO [CHILDHOOD SWEETHEART!]]

[AOI HINATA [SWEET GIRL]

AFFECTION: 70 (CHILDHOOD SWEETHEART!)]

Good. I got to gain some affection points, and now she is only 30 points left to reach 100, which I think is the peak. There are other heroines also, who are ahead of her, but I think she will reach there first, as she got to do the date with me... I will make sure to gain points from her...

But the only problem is I do have not any experience in this field... Should I ask my sensei or someone from that place? They are busy with their work, so let's not... It looks like I have to ask from the internet, this evening...

23