HELD HANDS WITH MY HEROINE(S)…!
428 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She handed me the bento, she bought with her... I took it from her, without saying or asking anything... But still why she is giving me the bento which is for tomorrow, today... Hmm...

Is it because of the rumor about us that became a 'headline' in the school, just a few days ago...?

She was looking exhausted on that day when we met even though for just a few minutes, I asked about how her class's condition is... And she told me that her classmates kept pestering her about what kind of relationship she has with me... What a bunch of gossipers, they just show interest in anything, I mean anything, and then gossip about it all over the school...

She also added that some of them said that we are just hiding our relationship; some warned her to get away from me or asked if I was blackmailing her... Huh, what's with their minds and reasoning...? Can Shiina-san have no right, to approach anyone by herself...? She then added something, which made me realize just how much famous I am, in this school... She told me some of my 'nicknames', which are being used by most of the students, the most famous, and which quite surprised me, is 'Womanizer'...

Good Grief... I mean it's not like I have a relationship with their mother or sister, so how can they be so sure to call me that...

...

So, I think it's better for both of us that she came here to give me a lunch box a day before... As if she has to provide me with this tomorrow, then there is a chance of someone seeing us, and that someone might be one of my heroines, so it's better for both of us...

"Thank you, Angel-san..."

"You. Don't ever call me that..."

When I called her 'angel', she showed me an angry expression and told me that don't ever call her that... Hmm, is she not enjoying her school life...? I mean, she is very famous in our school, almost every teacher must have heard of her, as she is one of the students who scored a perfect score on the entrance exam as well as last month's exam...

"I see... Well how about 'Mahiru-chan', hmm?"

"No way..."

I thought of saying a joke to her, but she seems to take my joke personally, huh...? Well, it's not her fault, anyone who heard a joke from me, thinks like that, as I just say it with a straight face...

"Okay, okay Shiina-san..."

"Well, now we are even, right?"

"Yes..."

"Good, then I shall take – W-what a-are y-you doing?"

As she was going to say that she is leaving, I immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her into my apartment... Because I heard a clack sound, which is coming from the direction where Yukinoshita's apartment is, I think the sound is of unlocking the door... It's better to not let any one of them see us because if they see then I think I will gain more nicknames and my reputation will hurt again...

"K-Kaneki-san... W-what a-are y-you doing?"

I heard Shiina-san, who looked confused and terrified, by my sudden movements... My hands are on her both shoulders, the back of her head is touching my chest and she is shivering a little... So I immediately removed my hands, and then slowly walked and stand in front of her, to see her expression... She has a little tint on her face; her one eyebrow rose showing how much she is surprised or angry...

After sighing a little, I explained to her why I have to do all this...

"I see... But even though, you could have just told me, you don't need to grab my hand and shoulders like that..."

"Well, my bad... It's just that I don't want to hear any more rumors about you, Shiina-san..."

"What about you, are you okay with your 'nicknames'...?"

"Hmm, yes I am okay with it... I am more worried about you, Shiina-san..."

"You... Don't have to worry about me... Baka"

[MAHIRU SHIINA: +10 AFFECTION POINTS]

...

Although I didn't hear the last word, I think she didn't say anything wrong, right...? As I just gained some affection from her... After some minutes passed, I quickly take a peek outside the door, to see that there is not a single person outside...

So, I immediately told this to the silent Shiina-san, who is sitting on the couch, where just a few minutes I and Shikimori-san were sitting and being all lovey-dovey... It was embarrassing, even though for a little bit...

Shiina-san nodded her head, and just as she was going to leave... I called out to her, as my mind just kicked a good idea...

"Shiina-san..."

"Now, what is it?"

"Can you teach me, how to cook?"

"Huh... Why?"

"Well as you have already noticed that my kitchen is all clean and neat, just as a 'new' kitchen would look like... It's because I don't know how to cook..."

"Now that you mention it, that's true... But what does it have to do with me?"

"Well, well... I will pay you the price, just say --"

"What are you...? How can you...?"

Hmm... What? Did I say something weird, huh? Why does she have an expression on her face that says, 'You are unbelievable', 'You are just like the rumors say about you'...?

"You...But why do you think I will take money for just teaching you how to cook..."

She is an 'ANGEL', huh... She will teach me for 'free' that will be great but still... Still, I have to do something for her; I can't learn anything for free from anyone even if that person is my heroine...

"Okay, then tell me what you want in exchange for teaching me?"

"Nothing..."

"I see..."

"..."

"..."

...

Next day.

I woke up, just a little early in the morning... Dressed up... Heated the bento, Shiina Mahiru provided me yesterday. Yeah, I know how to heat things, I am not that dumb... Packed all the necessary books or things, inside the school bag along with the bento... Grabbed a toast and just a glass of milk, for breakfast...

Then, I walked to the door, unlocked it, and just as I was going to put my feet outside... I noticed a presence on my right side, near the wall... She is standing there; her green-blue eyes are gazing in the direction where the apartment of Shiina-san is... Her pink hair is tied in a ponytail; some of her bangs are on her forehead, maybe due to the windy weather... She is holding her school bag in one hand, and a paper bag in the other... What is that?

"Good Morning, Shikimori-san..."

I greeted her, which make her shiver a little as she was lost in her thought... Then she turned her head in my direction, she stared at me for few seconds until her face developed a smile on her face...

"Good Morning, Kaneki-san..."

"Hmm... So, had anything happened which brought, the 'cute' Shikimori-san, to come here...?"

"N-nothing... I was just wondering, that maybe w-we should walk together to the --"

"Okay... Let's go..."

"Yes"

Upon agreeing to her request of walking together to the bus stop, she showed me a beautiful smile on her cute face... Then we began to descend the stairs, everything was going normally, we are walking and had some distance between in doing so... Until Shikimori-san did this...

We successfully left the building, we didn't say anything but I think Shikimori-san is behaving differently... She is continuously looking at my hand, from the moment we decided to walk together. Before today, her gaze always is in front but today... Does she want to hold hands?

[KEKEKE]

"...." I don't know why but the A.S. seems to enjoying something... I think it's best if I don't ask about it –

...

"Hmm"

As I was lost in the thought, my hands got in contact with Shikimori-san's hand... No, I think she brought her hand near my hand so that she could get hold of it, hmm...

"Um, Kaneki-san?"

"Yes..."

"Can we hold hands?"

"Can we hold hands?"

"Hmm... Okay, do as you wish..."

Upon hearing my response, Shikimori-san quickly holds my right hand and intertwined her fingers with mine...

W-what is she doing? I just gave my permission to her to hold hands, not to do this kind of thing...

.

Hmm... So, this is how a girl's hand feels, huh... It's soft but there is some roughness in it, maybe because Shikimori-san plays volleyball; it's small; and the sensation, it gives is good which would make any man hold it on forever...

I think I am showing no expression as usual, so I turned my head and noticed Shikimori-san's expression... She is looking down; has a red tomato face; a small smile on her face and her body is shivering a little...

We stood there for 1 more minute, and just as we are going to leave for the bus... We heard a small voice coming from our back... It's a voice, you don't hear every day; it's the voice, many people wanted to hear, even for one time...

What am I going to do now, huh...?

"kaneki... san? and shikimori-san?"

It's none other than, my [QUIET BEAUTY], Shouko Komi... Good Grief, what great timing...

Her black hair which flows to her lower back, is lightly blowing due to the strong winds... She is wearing her usual dress, the school uniform, and black stockings on her bare legs... She is also holding a bag in her hand... What the hell is that?

Her gaze was on me, from the start, but then she suddenly moved her gaze and now it is fixated on our hands, which are intertwined with each other, just like lovers do...

Komi-san, after a few seconds of ceaselessly gazing at our holding hands, again started to stare at me... Is she wanted me to say 'Come on, Komi-san... Here this free hand is for you...' huh? Is she expecting this...?

As I was thinking about Komi-san's usual behavior, once again, my ability called [CHANGE THE REALITY] got triggered

As I was thinking about Komi-san's usual behavior, once again, my ability called [CHANGE THE REALITY] got triggered... The girls who were staring at me, have got their gaze fixated on me, they stopped wavering... Oi, oi...

I tried to use my other hand, which is free, to free my restrained hand but I didn't... As when I got in contact with Shikimori-san's skin, I felt a current running all over my body... What a terrible thing, this is...

A) Good Morning, Komi-san... Shall we walk together to the bus stand...?

B) Good Morning, Komi-san... *left the place with SHIKIMORI MIYAKO*

C) Good Morning, Komi-san... Do you want to hold hands? *smile* I want to...

I will choose option B, if and only if she is not one of my heroines... But still, there is not a single warning though, so I can choose –

[CHOOSE CAREFULLY. IF YOU CHOOSE WRONG, YOU HAVE TO FACE CONSEQUENCES]

Hah, talk about timing, hmm... To be more specific, bad timing, as I don't want this 'face the consequences' thing, this time... Still, this is my fault in some way, as I had a hunch that this might happen, but I... Good Grief...

If I chose option A, then there will be an awkward atmosphere between the three of us... Then I have to do something, again, the system will/ might provide me the options to choose to get over with the atmosphere... So, 'NO'...

Option B, huh... It is just an absurd option, which is just for testing what will happen if I have to make any heroine angry, jealous, or worse... This type of option is only for the use to check how the other person will react or maybe helps me to decrease the affection of that person... But thankfully, there is no such thing as the latter; I mean the system will never decrease the affection... 

In the past, I think when the first time this absurd ability of mine got triggered was when I was approached by Himawari, the system showed me three options as well as a warning, saying 'will affect the affection'... That time, this shitty system was just joking around... Tch.

Option B is also 'NO'...

Now to option C, hah, just like what I thought when I saw her, and also what Komi-san wants...

What can I say? This damn system, or 'God', just wanted me to become a damn 'Womanizer' or 'Playboy', who just says sweet words to you... Well, before I got this system, I was like that but I don't flirt with anyone at any place... I don't... I swear I don't...

This damn system provides you with three options, to let you choose the most correct one, which could help you to gain 'more' affection points, more than usual... But out of three options, there is only one which is the option I have to select if I wanted to gain affection... The other two are only for testing purposes... This is good for me though... As I just wanted to gain affection, nothing less nothing more... I seriously wanted to make one of my heroines reach the maximum, which is 100, and see what will happen... And the girl with the most affection for me is standing beside me... But the words I am going to say will make her jealous...

Good Grief...

...

"Good Morning, Komi-san... Do you want to hold hands? I want to..."

As I was saying I smiled a bit, and I felt Shikimori-san's grip on my hand, just tightened a bit too hard, but it doesn't hurt... While Komi-san started to blush while looking at my other hand...

But I continued, as I don't want to finish things like this, I have to make sure that no one gets the 'right' idea...

"... It just shows how good our friendship is... How good or best friends we are, to other people... As you have already noticed, me and Shikimori-san, we are intertwining our fingers... We are showing other people, that how deep our friendship is, we are happy that we are friends and will continue our relationship till the 'end'..."

[MIYAKO SHIKIMORI: +2 AFFECTION POINTS]

Phew, it seemed it worked... As soon as I get the notification, I turned my face to see the Shikimori-san, who have loosened her grip a little; has a tomato face; fidgeting a little; her face is looking straight where Komi-san is standing, but her eyes are not on Komi-san; she has a big smile on her face also... It really worked, huh? 

Sometimes I think why the heck I got this system for... When I can do these things by myself...

.

A few seconds passed, and nothing happened... It looks like Komi-san doesn't want to hold hands, huh...

I finally convinced myself, that this might be the case, so I tried to take a step backward but then I heard silent Shikimori-san's voice... And she surprised me...

"Shouko, come on... We are going to be late, you know..."

I can't help but 'huh' at her because I thought she was jealous just a moment ago... I just know that...

But now she is giving gestures to the quiet Komi-san, to come here and hold hands with me... No, wait maybe she meant to hold hands with her... Yes, that will be the case...

I was convincing myself that the latter will be the case, until and unless, Shikimori-san raised her hand and my hand, which are together, and showed to the dumbfounded Komi-san... They both blushed at this...

..

Today was supposed to be my 'first time' holding hands with one of my heroines, who is going to be somewhat one of the important people in my life, I mean my, my --

Huh, it's somewhat embarrassing...

Then another one came, and I don't know but maybe she also wants to do the same, holds hands with me... So, I was ready that my 'second time' is also going to be today... But for some reason, this is going somewhere else...

How many years has it been since I felt this much embarrassed, hmm? I think, 16 years... No, wait, I am 16 years old...

...

As I was lost in thought, I just continue watching the scene going on, in front of me... Suddenly, Komi-san takes a deep breath and then started to walk towards us... No, to be more precise, towards me, stood in front of me and started to stare directly into my eyes... Oh, Komi-san is different today, huh... First, she called out my name, to stop us in our tracks, and now she is staring directly not wavering at all... Not bad, Komi-san...

While doing so, she put her hand in front of my chest... Hmm, what is this...?

So, I also took my other hand out from my pocket and place it in front of her... She is looking surprised and blushed hard, but, you know what, I know what you are trying to do, here...

You want to hold hands, right? But you wanted me to do it... Nah... Kaneki Ren doesn't do these types of things on his initiative...

Komi-san seemed to be considering what to do, as she began to glance at me and my hands on a regular basis... We stood there for a few seconds with our hands in front of each other till... Shikimori-san, who is standing next to me, sighed slightly and said, "It can't be helped," before grabbing Komi-san's hand and placing it on mine...

Shikimori-san is behaving differently...

[SHOUKO KOMI: +10 AFFECTION POINTS]

[SHOUKO KOMI: +10 AFFECTION POINTS]

...

Now, I am holding hands with two of my heroines, who are best friends with each other... They both are enjoying this, as the smiles on their face didn't even waver a little, from the moment I held hands with them...

The hand of Komi-san is very soft just as the feather of a bird; it also has a feeling that shows that she does some household work at her home... It must have been 5 minutes, but Komi-san is not yet that much comfortable, I think, as she is still shivering a little... Well, it will take some time for her to get comfortable with me, it includes hand-holding and many other things...

[SHOUKO KOMI [QUIET BEAUTY]

AFFECTION: 80 (MY FIRST LOVE!)]

Or, maybe because I became her 'first love'... which made her shiver a little bit, yeah, I felt her shivering... And she has a small smile on her also...

But still, I have to make sure that no one sees us, in this situation, and more importantly my heroines... So I have to do something...

20