CHECKING ON HER…!
328 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh, sorry, Horikita-san... It's just that... I wanted to use the washroom for a bit and..."

I said this and then stopped for a bit as I started to stare at the girl standing beside me.

'It seems that you were about to cry. So, I don't want to leave you alone... Well, it's not like I want you to stay in my house or anything like that... But, I thought that maybe if I take you here, and --'

I was about to say this, but I think this would be too much for her and me. I mean, it might work on her if I said these words, but again, this has no 100% probability of success. Also, it will be very soon for her to hear these words.

"I wanted to talk for a little more with my newly made friend..."

"..."

She didn't say anything; she just continued to stare at me with an emotion that could be said to be serious but was not.

She continued staring directly into my eyes, maybe trying to find my real intention or something like that, but at last, she sighed lightly before turning her head away

She continued staring directly into my eyes, maybe trying to find my real intention or something like that, but at last, she sighed lightly before turning her head away.

Well, I don't have any other intentions; I don't want her to leave alone. Because I have a fear and a hunch that she might do something harmful to herself or even worse -- no, I don't want that.

...

Why am I doing this? Hmm... Well, because of the former reason, I have a hunch that she might do something stupid, and currently, I also have a terrible headache from the moment she called me out to meet her in the park. And as the moment passes by, it just gets worse, or sometimes better... And it got worse when the time came for me to leave her... Yes, it started to hurt very much.

That's why I dragged her inside my apartment for the above-mentioned reason as well as another reason, which is that I heard the clicking sound of someone opening the door that was coming from the apartment, the one in front of my apartment. Yes, from the apartment of Shiina Mahiru, the girl with whom I met some hours ago and she also came inside my apartment. So, I can't take any risk, or I don't know what will happen to me...

But just as I thought, even though there was a possibility of her rejecting this, Horikita-san did accept my offer and is now sitting on the couch...

Hmm, I should put one more, no two more couches here. Because there is a possibility of guests coming here is more than two people, where they will sit... Yeah, let's call Yuri-chan after Horikita-san leaves.

.

"Well, Horikita-san... Do you like to eat something? Hmm? Should I go and buy some --"

"No, I am fine... But, t-thanks for asking."

I asked the question to the girl who was sitting beside me on the couch and watching something on the T.V. while eating the chocolate that I gave to her. She turned her whole attention to me, who was doing nothing but giving her company. She answered my question while slightly shaking her head, and when she said 'thanks' she also felt slightly embarrassed about something as she stuttered saying it. Well, well.

She also smiled a bit after saying these words, which is no question anyone would find charming and cute. Then she shifted her whole attention once again to the show/movies she was watching.

Well, it seems like as time continues to pass by and she changes her attention to something else, she comes back to her normal self and has a calm mind at this moment. I am saying this with confidence because my head has also stopped hurting that much.

*sigh*

"K-Kaneki-kun, do you not e-enjoying the show?"

"I am enjoying it... the same way as you are, Horikita-san."

Horikita Suzune loves the mystery-crime genre, huh? As I mentioned before she is watching a show/movie on the television, and yes the movie, she is watching currently is mystery-suspense-crime based, because of which it needs more attention to understand the concept better. Well, well. Oh, it finished, huh?

.

When the movie finished, we both looked at each other for a few seconds. Well, I don't know whether I did the right thing or not, but I said to her that it was getting late and that she should go now. In response to this, she turned her face to see the time and it says exactly 8 o'clock on the wall clock. So, she immediately took her belongings, well her bag, and started muttering something. But I can't seem to hear her that well.

After some seconds, I reached the entrance door of my apartment to say bye to Horikita-san. And just as she was going to open the door to leave, she turned her face in my direction to ask --

"So, um..."

"Hmm?"

"What we talked about earlier, is that really okay with you?"

"What are you talking about, Horikita-san?"

"HMM... that you will h-help m-me take the class 1-1 to reach the top spot."

"Hmm... Of course, I will help you."

As I said this, I slowly started patting her head. he seemed somewhat surprised but she let me do it for a few seconds until she immediately pushed my hand away. She then made a face like 'How dare you!' but she didn't show any harmful aura toward me, so I guess it's just her acting a tsundere.

"And don't forget that if you need help with anything that is troubling for you, just come and ask for me or anyone else --"

"Hmm..."

[SUZUNE HORIKITA: +2 AFFECTION POINTS]

[SUZUNE HORIKITA: +2 AFFECTION POINTS]

[HER IMAGE OF YOU HAS CHANGED FROM [FIRST FRIEND!!] TO [MY PARTNER!!]]

Good Grief, at least let me finish my sentence.

[SUZUNE HORIKITA [TSUNDERE ICE QUEEN]

AFFECTION: 75 (MY PARTNER!!)]

.

..

...

....

.....

[NEXT DAY]

[OUTSIDE THE HOUSE OF SHIKIMORI]

~ring~ ~ring~

"Wait, wait..."

"..."

"Who is it -- Hmm? Oh, what are you doing here?"

"Um, I am here to deliver today's notes and homework to Shikimori-san. And also to check on her health."

"I see... Okay, but before that I have some questions for you. Do you mind answering them? Hmm?"

I nodded my head in agreement. She then fully opened the door, which was half open, to let me come inside her house.

I felt the same sensation I felt on the day when I first came here. That day I was all normal, and so I am today, but there is just a slight nervousness lingering inside me. Why? Because today I have to deal with her mother first, and then convince her to let me meet her daughter.

*sigh*

We entered the same room where we, I and Shikimori-san's mother, met for the first time. Yeah, the dining room. She sat on the same chair where she sat that day, and so did I. 

Hmm? She is showing no expression on her face, but is she angry? Because I can surely sense a dark aura surrounding her. Have I done something to her...? No, I am sure as I haven't met her after the meeting on that day.

.

Well, there is a high possibility that she knows about what happened with her daughter in her school.

Let's say the first possibility of her knowing everything is that Shikimori-san, on her own, told her mother about everything. The chances of this would be around 80-85 percent, I think. Because usually, a girl at her age would tell her mother about these things. And if Shikimori-san is not that normal, then there is no way her mother would know. On this note, there comes the second possibility.

The second possibility is that Shikimori-san's friends told her everything about what happened to her at the school. Well, the chances are less than 50 percent, but still, that's also a possibility.

There are other possibilities also, but these two are the ones that have a higher chance of happening.

Well, I, myself, don't know about it. Even though I asked Horikita Suzune yesterday when she was inside my apartment, she also didn't tell me. She just said to ask the victim herself, Shikimori Miyako.

.

"You... Do you know about anything related to Miyako's injury? Why did she behave this recklessly even though she knows her capabilities?"

Oh. Shikimori-san didn't even tell her mother. That's quite surprising, even for me. I shook my head to show that I didn't know anything and then opened my mouth.

"No, mam. I also don't know anything. Even though I tried to know by asking some of our classmates about it, they didn't tell me. So, I am here to know that also. So, I will be grateful if you let me meet with her even for a mere 10 minutes or 15 minutes."

"I-I see..."

"Yes"

.

Then she continued to stare at my face for about 10 seconds, maybe she wanted to ask or know something from me. But I didn't understand so I did the same to her, continue staring at her.

"*sigh* Well, you can meet her. She is in her room. I have to leave the house for some work but don't try anything funny, or I will --"

"Don't worry about it, mam."

..

This system, or maybe my luck, played its role here. No, I am not that lucky so, yeah, it's the system's fault.

I mean, who the f*ck, in their right mind, would leave their daughter with a boy of her same age? Hmm? And it's not like I have gained her mother's trust or anything, which would make her let me leave alone with her daughter, right? So, it's the system that is doing this to me, I am sure of it.

Well, it may be good for me. As if Shikimori-san behaved like that time when she came running to me in my apartment, and we spent time sitting very close to each other. 

Yeah. so if that happens, and suddenly one of her family member barge inside her room, and see us in that state. Then --

Oh, man. I don't want to imagine it, I mean, the ruckus the family members might cause. Or, maybe one of them might harm me or cause problems for me in some way or another. Well, well, I have to deal with them as I don't know what else to do if that happens. But I am grateful that this will not happen... Right?

[...]

.

When I reached her room, I stood in front of it and knocked on her room door several times, about five times. But there was no response coming from inside the room. Hmm?

Is she asleep? If she is sleeping, then it's not good to wake her up. Yes, let's meet up with her any other time. But still, I should wait for her mother to come before I leave.

I mean, I do w-worry about her. And what if someone barged in while she was asleep? Also, it's not good to leave an injured person to stay alone. Yeah, I should wait.

.

As I was going to wait for her, sitting in their House's dining room and using my phone there, I heard a small voice coming from inside the Shikimori-san's room.

"kaneki...san..."

Hmm? Is she awake or not? Don't tell me she is asleep and seeing a dream about me.

So, I opened a door a bit and started to peek inside her room. If she is doing something I shouldn't know about it, I will stop doing so, yeah I will close the door, and leave this place as soon as possible. But if that's not the case, then --

Just as I took a peek inside her room, what I saw made me reach out to her.

..

Her condition is not good; she is breathing heavily; her whole body is sweating very badly; her eyes have some tears formed in them; the top she is wearing is only hiding her chest while showing her bare stomach. The blanket is on the ground and the wet stripes of the towel are on her face which should be on her forehead. Good Grief.

I can see that she is not feeling well, and on top of that, it seems that she is having a bad dream about something as her eyes are twitching and tears are slowly running down her cheeks. But, am I present in her dream? Hmm? It seems so because I did hear her calling my name out just a moment ago.

Man... I should have come along with Shikimori-san's friends yesterday.

Because there might be some chance that she would feel fine when I came to meet her yesterday, and maybe she doesn't have to see this dream, she is watching right now.

*sigh*

.

Five minutes later, I did many things inside this room, well to Shikimori-san to be precise, like changing the towel on her forehead, tidying her clothes, swiping the sweat on her neck and the bare skin like her hands, and places where I could see without doing anything else.

I don't know how her neck injury is, but currently, what I know is, that she has a high fever. When I was changing the towel on top of her head, my hand touched her head, and I think it was around 39 C. So, yeah, she has a high fever.

Should I wake her up? Hmm, let's not. She is resting now, so let's not disturb her. But still, what happened to her?

Has the injury hurt her too much to the point she gets this high fever? 

Is there something on her mind that made her think too much to cause this? 

Is she still angry about whatever those girls said about me? Or is there something else --

As I was thinking about these thoughts while looking at her face, I suddenly noticed that her eyes were now half open. Hmm, are you awake now, Shikimori Miyako?

"kaneki-san...?"

.

Hmm, she is still sleeping. She did call out to me and opened her eyes, but then again she closed her eyes completely and went back to sleep. Good Grief. I think she is seeing a long dream, huh? 

Well, whatever, let's leave as soon as possible because if she wakes up and sees me in her room, then I am sure she will be angry, and maybe she will start to call me a pervert or something like that. So, I should get going -- I mean wait for her mother to come home, until then I will remain in the dining room.

"Hm?"

.

No, no. Why? Why this, huh?

When I was going to pull my hand back from her forehead, suddenly my hand got grabbed by her. Hmm... The grip is tight which makes me wonder whether she learned any martial arts or something in the past because there is no way that any normal girl could do something like that.

Well, well.

"Shikimori-san...?"

"..."

I called out to her, but she didn't give a response, she just tightened her grip on my hand while her eyes were closed. But I notice a change that she has a smile on her face. Good Grief.

.

..

...

....

"Umm, Shikimori-san... I know you are awake, so stop acting like you are asleep."

"..."

When she heard this, she slowly raised her head which was comfortably lying on my lap, and when she did, she started to stare at me with her half-opened eyes.

Then she continues to stare at me, until and unless, she rubs her eyes gently with her hands, and -- Now her sleepy expression has changed into a terrified and embarrassed expression.

"W-wha... K-Kaneki-s-san... Is this not a d-dream?"

Is this not a d-dream?"

*sigh*

"Yes, this is not a dream, Shikimori-san."

"N-no w-way, y-you are k-k-kidding, right? Right, K-Kaneki-san?"

"Well, --"

As I was going to tell her that it's alright, she doesn't need to worry too much.

One of my abilities got triggered here, yes it is none other than [CHANGE THE REALITY]. Well, in this case, I don't know why this activated because as far as I know, what I was going to say here, is the best possible words which will definitely make Shikimori-san calm herself down and I will get the chance to ask --

A) What were you thinking, Shikimori-san, hmm, when you were doing this... And please don't tell me, you were sleeping or anything like that. Tch.

B) It's fine... Shikimori-san. Don't worry about that, but please don't do this again.

C) *start patting her head* It's alright... If it makes you comfortable then you can use my lap anytime you want. 

Good Grief. What's with these choices, huh, A.S.? I can clearly see the right option but it will cause problems if I choose that though. No, not one but many.

[...]

.

..

Well, I have decided which choice I will make here. The other choices other than that are absurd even though there's no warning this time, but still, it's better not to choose the other two as I don't know what will happen if I do choose any one of them... Tch. Well, I can guess the 'product' it will release, it's simply the increase in my headache which I don't want because there is something important I have to do...

It's not the date, okay? It's the rest that I don't think I get this week even for a single day. 

Well, well. Let's get this done, quickly. I don't want this to get listened to by anyone from her family member. 

*deep sigh*

When everything became normal, I quickly started patting Shikimori-san's head. She did look surprised for a second but as soon as she started staring at me, she stopped doing so. As I was going to open my mouth, I was stopped as she started apologizing.

"U-um, s-sorry, Kaneki-san. I-I don't m-mean to do anything like that, i-it's j-just t-that --"

"It's alright... If it makes you comfortable then you can use my lap anytime you want."

As I said this, my mouth automatically formed a smile and now I am smiling as well as patting her head. When she heard my words, she raised her head while slightly shivering, but when she saw my face, her face became all red like a tomato, and what she did next --

"A-are y-you sure, Kaneki-san...?"

"Yes..."

My smile was still there on my face as I said this which made her blush harder, but she did place her head on top of my lap. She stayed silent for a few seconds, but it looked like it was too much for her so she quickly positioned herself as I am, by sitting in front of me. Well, well.

..

"Well then, now tell me what happened at the swimming class. Hmm, Shikimori-san?"

"Umm..."

When I asked this, she averted her gaze from me, but she did tell me the whole story.

.

After hearing it, I can only say one thing --

'Shikimori-san is a very jealous girl and maybe a yandere also...'

Tch. And yeah these screens in front of me are --

[MIYAKO SHIKIMORI: +1 AFFECTION POINTS]

[MIYAKO SHIKIMORI [CUTE-DANGEROUS GIRL]

AFFECTION: 98 (MY LOVE!!!)]

[YOU HAVE UNLOCKED NEW ABILITY...]

===========================================================================

A/N: WELL, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER... [AND ALSO IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKE IN THE CHAPTER, LET ME KNOW IT. SO, I CAN CORRECT IT].

ALSO, BE READY... FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER... WHICH IS... 

[DATE OF REN AND HIMAWARI❤️].

===========================================================================

13