7. Unlucky
274 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhu Zhuqing gazed at the boy in front of her with an expressionless face.

The tall image she had just formed in her mind collapsed instantly. Luckily, her cold demeanor prevented any reaction on her face.

He sighed softly and kindly reminded Zhu Zhuqing, "You can eat them. Do they possess 100,000-year-old spirit beasts?"

"No."

"Then, is there a Title Douluo among them?"

"No."

Lu Yuan flipped the meat skewer in his hand and asked without looking up, "So, why can't you eat them?"

Zhu Zhuqing's lips moved as if she wanted to say something, but her mouth was blocked by the meat skewer that approached her.

"I think you're just hungry. Give it a try. I think the craftsmanship is pretty good."

Lu Yuan also took a bunch of grilled meat skewers and tasted them. To be honest, culinary skills improve with practice.

When he first entered the Star Dou Great Forest, he was quite inept. He couldn't even handle eating kebabs properly. Even herbivores outpaced him!

For Lu Yuan, a vegetarian animal like himself, who couldn't find food, he was undoubtedly an outsider. To carnivores, Lu Yuan, who couldn't drink blood like a vampire, was also clueless.

Therefore, to fill his stomach, Lu Yuan had to learn how to cook for himself. From grilling charring meat to mastering flavorful and well-cooked meat skewers, it was all a result of survival.

However, at present, grilling was the only cooking skill he possessed. Stewing, boiling, frying, and other methods were beyond his capabilities.

Besides his cooking skills, Lu Yuan had also learned one important fact: Eat what you can make up for. There was nothing wrong with this statement, but it was indeed one-sided. Not every part of a spirit beast is edible.

However, consuming a significant amount of spirit beast meat could enhance physical fitness and quickly replenish spirit power.

At least a quarter of his forty-sixth-level spirit power was attributed to eating spirit beast meat.

Of course, after eating spirit beast meat, engaging in life-and-death battles was a necessity. This way, he could maximize his spirit power level's upper limit.

So, after eating meat, Lu Yuan often sought out strong spirit beasts to fight against, unknowingly pushing his spirit power level to new heights.

This effect wasn't unique to him alone but common among most carnivorous or omnivorous spirit beasts.

Eating the flesh and blood of the same beast race could effectively extend one's lifespan.

Using this method, he had managed to forcibly elevate an unknown species of small white mouse to a millennium-level spirit beast.

An ordinary white mouse with no bloodline, no inheritance, and no offensive abilities, devoured raw to become a thousand-year-old spirit beast.

It could be considered the pinnacle of a rat's life.

With meat skewers angrily held in his hand, Zhu Zhuqing furrowed her brow, as if she wanted to say something else.

Lu Yuan chuckled softly and, as Zhu Zhuqing removed the meat skewer from her mouth, he spoke, "Fifteen minutes and thirty-seven seconds."

"To be honest, I'm amazed by your patience and perseverance."

Startled, Zhu Zhuqing instinctively looked around.

Tree shadows swirled, blocking her line of sight. This environment was one of the favorites for agility attack-type spirit masters.

"When facing this situation, the best approach is to extinguish the fire immediately because people near the fire will undoubtedly become targets," calmly spoke Lu Yuan before tossing the branch he held into the fire.

Back then, he didn't know this, he recklessly lit a fire in the darkness and was nearly killed by a thousand-year-old black leopard. The deterrent effect of flames on certain spirit beasts is not as significant. At most, it can deter some ten-year-old spirit beasts.

Since then, Lu Yuan has come to understand that it was better to refrain from starting a fire at night without substantial strength. Unpredictable accidents often occur at night.

And in that moment, a crossbow bolt silently halted before him. The arrows made of mithril were stained black with deadly poison.

His gaze instantly turned cold, but quickly returned to its original state.

"This isn't the best way to greet someone," Lu Yuan said with a smile, shifting his gaze to the woman emerging from the darkness.

Observing the composed young man in front of her, Zhu Zhuyun sighed inwardly.

To be honest, the current situation is quite tricky. Although the boy in front of her is young, his strength surpasses the standard. His effortless blocking of the poisoned arrow earlier already proved that.

However, her target isn't the boy in front of her. It's Zhu Zhuqing behind him. She has no intention of engaging in further troubles. All she wants is to eliminate Zhu Zhuqing swiftly and conclude this struggle perfectly.

Thus, Zhu Zhuyun spoke straightforwardly, "The Star Luo Empire Royal Family is having a family business. Outsiders should step aside."

Her tone carried a hint of murderous intent, but it quickly subsided like a turbulent sea.

A reddish airflow enshrouded Lu Yuan's body, resembling a tangible substance.

The biting chill caused Zhu Zhuyun to freeze instinctively. However, as a worldly woman, Zhu Zhuyun quickly regained her composure after a brief moment of daze.

"Full attack!" she cried, her voice hoarse and broken due to excessive excitement.

Her martial spirit instantly possessed her body, revealing three spirit rings: yellow, yellow, and purple.

As if fleeing for her life, Zhu Zhuyun disregarded her appearance and desperately fled in the opposite direction.

She had kicked an iron plate!

That was Zhu Zhuyun's sole thought.

Although she didn't know the exact strength of her opponent, the murderous aura emanating from him undoubtedly marked him as a ruthless character.

The saying "the son of a daughter can't sit still" was vividly exemplified by Zhu Zhuyun's actions.

Dozens of spirit skills pierced the night sky, only to be cleaved into two halves. Similarly, the bodies of their owners were also split into two.

As expendable warriors, they obediently followed orders. Yet, in the face of spatial cutting, their resistance proved futile.

Lu Yuan's martial spirit differed from others. His martial spirit was a pure elemental martial spirit. Pure elemental martial spirits were merely hypothetical and had never been proven.

Theoretically, it was nearly impossible for a human body to withstand the impact of awakening a pure elemental martial spirit.

Even the most powerful elemental forces like ultimate fire, ultimate ice, ultimate thunder, ultimate light, and others rely heavily on the support of mighty beast spirits.

Directly awakening pure elemental martial spirit carries a high probability of resulting in nothing but a fiery explosion and death.

When compared to the fundamental elements of water, fire, light, and darkness, space undeniably reigns supreme among all elements.

This statement accurately portrays the tremendous power of the spatial attribute. Because space is malleable and collapsible! Fold once, fold twice, fold three times, fold four times...

The space other masters of the other elements strive so hard to rupture is merely child's play for masters of space. After all, one operates through addition, while the other employs multiplication.

When calculating the same value, the outcome obtained through multiplication is evidently greater.

Unless controllers of other elements have achieved an infinitely high realm, they can only apply additive forces.

Otherwise, within the same realm, users of pure elemental spirits from other elements would have no means of inflicting damage upon users of space martial spirits.

Pure elemental spirits have no connection to space spirits, let alone the countless miscellaneous soldiers who were effortlessly felled by a mere "space cut".

After running for an unknown distance in the darkness, Zhu Zhuyun stopped, panting heavily.

This serves as a clear indication that being excessively plump could be disadvantageous.

"Should I get rid of it?" Zhu Zhuyun turned her head, peering into the still darkness behind him, feeling her heart dripping with blood.

One spirit king, two spirit sects, over forty great spirit masters and ordinary spirit masters wiped out. It seems like it's all over.

If one were to judge based on appearances alone, although the cost is heavy, Zhu Zhuyun could not afford to give up.

The problem lies in the fact that these spirit masters were all trained as killers under Zhu Zhuyun. They were fearless warriors who dare to charge into battle at critical moments.

Spirit masters, as the recognized aristocratic class on the entire continent, hold a prestigious status. Sending them to their deaths is not up for discussion.

This is the most fundamental requirement for the majority of spirit masters when selecting their powers.

The elation of escaping by a stroke of luck and the anguish of significant losses intertwine. Before Zhu Zhuyun could extricate herself from this complex emotional state, she felt a gust of wind striking the back of her head.

Before he could turn around, he succumbed to the blow, losing consciousness.

"Planning to flee?, there are no escape routes."

Lu Yuan sneered, discarding the makeshift wooden stick he had temporarily found, hoisting the unconscious Zhu Zhuyun onto his shoulders, and retracing his steps along the original path.

When it comes to escaping, one must still take into account the space system.

Extra chapters on Patreon.......

4