28. Ma Hongjun
148 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun sets westward, casting a golden-red hue over Shrek Academy, restoring its former tranquility.

This tranquility was due to the academy's location. Situated in a small village outside the city of Soto, Shrek Academy was surrounded by vast farmlands and other small villages. During this time when families would typically gather for dinner, any disturbance would be considered unusual.

In one of the dormitories, Lu Yuan had just finished making his bed when he heard a knock on the door. Opening it, he found Flender standing outside.

"Little monster, you caused me a lot of trouble today," Flender complained as he vigorously patted Lu Yuan's shoulder.

Tang San was Master's disciple, and their relationship was quite complicated. If Tang San were seriously injured, it would be difficult for Flender to explain it to the master. Fortunately, Lu Yuan had not killed Tang San, even though his injuries appeared severe.

Lu Yuan innocently spread his hands. "Dean, you can't blame me for this. I only promised not to kill anyone or end their career as a spirit master."

Flender was not amused by Lu Yuan's sophistry, but he didn't delve into it either. He acknowledged that Lu Yuan had not broken his promise and said, "Forget it this time, but be more careful in the future."

Lu Yuan smiled and nodded. Clearly, Flender didn't want to dwell on the matter, and Lu Yuan had no intention of doing so either. Venting his anger had made him feel much better.

He only needed to gradually suppress Tang San and gradually erode the resources that rightfully belonged to him. It was like boiling a frog in warm water. After all, both he and Tang San were time travelers, though they had come from different worlds. It wasn't surprising for fellow countrymen to betray each other, right? Despicable and shameless? How could anyone say that about him!

After a brief conversation with Flender, Lu Yuan went to the cafeteria, where he received sad news from Ma Hongjun—Shrek's cafeteria was nearly empty. Teachers and students at Shrek Academy often didn't eat proper meals on time. Dai Mubai spent most of his time in Suotuo City, Ma Hongjun had his own stove in Cuihua, and Oscar could produce and sell his own food.

The fact that the three most outstanding students at Shrek Academy resorted to such arrangements indicated the low status of the academy's cafeteria.

Although one could still fill their stomach there, it was difficult to eat to their heart's content. Ma Hongjun, as the disciple of the academy's principal, was forced to find alternative options. Lu Yuan contemplated and felt the Flying Thunder God Dagger in Soto City.

"Hong Jun, how about I treat you to a meal in Soto City?" Lu Yuan suggested.

Ma Hongjun glanced at the sky outside the window. Going at this time would mean returning late, possibly even midnight.

"Boss, it might be too late," Ma Hongjun hesitated.

"It's alright. We can make time," Lu Yuan assured. "Just let me know if you want to go or not."

"I definitely want to go!" Ma Hongjun replied.

"Then hold on," Lu Yuan said, grabbing Ma Hongjun's shoulder. With a mysterious smile, they disappeared without a sound.

"Incredible!" Flender exclaimed, pushing his glasses before disappearing from the woods.

Sitting in a restaurant, Ma Hongjun patted his round stomach and burped. How long did it take to travel from Shrek Academy to Soto City? In the past, Ma Hongjun would have answered, "I don't know."

Different levels of spirit masters had different speeds, so it was hard to calculate. But now, he would confidently reply, "Instantly! It was truly a moment!"

Although the intense dizziness caused Ma Hongjun retch for a while, he couldn't deny that Lu Yuan was incredibly fast.

"To be honest, I thought you would fear me," Lu Yuan remarked as he wiped his hands and picked up his goblet of juice, swirling it slowly. The way he held the goblet and the elegance in his every move made him resemble a nobleman, even though he had kicked another boy into oblivion just hours ago.

"Boss, honestly, I'm not afraid at all, and there's no need to be," Ma Hongjun responded, glancing out the window as if he could see his past self clearly.

"I'm not a genius," Ma Hongjun continued.

"Sometimes, I can't even tell if I'm a phoenix or a chicken. I lack the perseverance and confidence that a genius should have. Even my martial spirit is flawed, and I can't compare to true geniuses. But I trust my instincts! At twelve years old, you became a Spirit Sect with four ten-thousand-year spirit rings!"

Ma Hongjun paused, searching for words to describe his emotions but unable to find any due to his limited vocabulary. He resorted to making gestures in the air, symbolizing his excitement.

"Before I heard what you said to Tang San earlier, Boss, I wanted to follow you," Ma Hongjun confessed. "And after hearing it, I still want to follow you. I want to learn from you, become better, more perfect, and eventually become someone like you!"

Lu Yuan smiled and asked, "Then, what do you think I am?"

"You possess incredible strength, a decisive character, and a tough exterior hiding a passionate heart," Ma Hongjun said, hesitating briefly before continuing, "...and you believe in exacting revenge."

Lu Yuan chuckled and waved his hand to stop Ma Hongjun from speaking further. "I don't know if I'm as perfect as you think, but I wish you the best and hope you become the person you aspire to be."

The collision of their goblets filled the air with a crisp sound.

1