Chapter 2 – Loyalty
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you value loyalty?
  • Yep Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0

Loyalty is a crazy thing, innit? 

Yet it requires a certain degree of steadiness.  If you are simply insane, you are by nature disloyal.  A merely crazy person, however, must still contemplate this issue.  Should I be loyal? 

Since they so blatantly threatened to cut me off, it seems the trial is coming to an end.  Although Pablo is nothing but an errand boy, he is good at sensing his superiors' intentions.  How else would someone as dull as him have climbed the ladder?

Him showing such disrespect can only mean that his higher-ups are preparing to end me.

Yes, for someone who has been drugged their entire life, getting cut off means nothing less than death.  And I want to choose my own death.  Since it is something living beings allegedly only experience once, I need to milk it for what it's worth. 

Besides, it's too early to die.  Like death, it is said that people only live once.  At least, that's the worst case scenario.  Hence, I do not wish to end my life early. 

All the while, I am walking through the streets of Boge for the first time.  It is a colorful city, and thus, I adapt my camouflage accordingly.  The big suited fella morphs into a lanky dude wearing shorts and a colorful Aloha shirt.  In short, an obviously clueless tourist.

I am sure that my current appearance will make the right kinds of people see me.

...

Sure enough, after a short walk, three big fellas approach me.

"Hello there, Mailan!  Are you looking for a hotel?" 

Thanks to the shirt, they believe me to be a tourist from The United Federation of Mail.

"I am, how'd you know?"

I respond grinning from ear to ear.  Unfortunately, my smile must have looked off, because those fellas actually flinch back.

That only lasts for a moment, though.  Then they are right back to scamming me. 

"Then we know just the place, it belongs to my good brother."

"That sounds great.  Lead the way." 

This time I grin less.  Since they do not show any sort of negative reaction, it must have worked. 

"You are very friendly.  Why don't we all share a drink first and become friends, yes?"

"That sounds good.  Do you know a place around here?" 

I smirk.  People who can see the "ifs" can easily lose sight of the "is".  To me, the beings in front of me might as well have been part of a different species. 

"Of course, friend.  Follow us, follow us."

I nod my assent and leisurely follow behind the biggest of the three fellows.  He should be the leader.

What should I do this time?  My eyes pause on a Monterey Pine tree.  They are planted all along the street.  Immediately, my head explodes with possibilities.  

Suppressing the pain, I have no choice but to bring the is a little closer to the ifs.  I watch as the images in my head converge.

The tallest fella cries out in shock as his skin begins to strangely dry and harden.  The shade, the texture, everything starts to resemble the surrounding trees.

His eyes tell me that he wishes to run.  I am very familiar with that look.  If his lips had not yet hardened, I am sure he would have confirmed my suspicions.  Now, however, he cannot.  His legs have already pulled together and taken root in the ground.

His eyes move farther and farther away as his trunk, arms, and fingers start to elongate.  Then they burst and splatter his body with green goo.

Finally, the parts moistened by the goo sprout and sharp needles clad the new pine in majestic green.

Indeed, this appearance is much more pleasing.  Of course, there are still imperfections, spots where the is and the ifs  differ, but that I can fix. 

Of the remaining two fellas, one is lying on the ground in a pool of his own making.  The other is still standing, mouth agape. 

Ignoring the latter, I walk toward the former.

When he sees me approach him, he starts screaming and wets himself once more.  That's one impressive bladder.

Once the idea blooms, it cannot be suppressed without cost.  And although we are in the middle of a city, this street is strangely empty.  Not that much would change if it wasn't. 

The fella makes a face as even more liquid starts to escape him.  As red sticky blood mixes with the thin yellow piss, his screams turn into whines.

Even his eyes cannot escape the suction. 

'Pop.' 

They are sucked inside his body and carried down into his bladder, mixing with his brain.

'Splat!'

All that now remains is a dry shell of bones, skin, and other dehydrated tissue. 

'Plop!'

The gaping fella's ass meets the pavement, but I pay it no mind.  I am still transforming his mate. 

While his skin, bladder and other useful parts stitch together into one big balloon, his bones and leftover tissue turn into dust and start coating the newly formed shell.  Then this white balloon inflates, sucking the previously released bodily fluids back into itself. 

The new body is complete.

I laugh and throw the balloon at a dumpster. 

'Pop.'

In that short instance, the insides had turned into another substance.

'Boom!'

Pieces of metal and junk tear through the air, injuring me and the last fella. 

0