Chapter 7 – A Psycho And His Dog
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wait for him to do the deed.  As expected, he doesn't.  This mate is a different kind of crazy: he's a psycho.  His subordinate is doing kids and now he pretends to be a good guy?  Haha, just perfect. 

Perfect enough to be my mate for a while.

"Wha-  Will you truly let me die?  How are you going to find the Duke without me?!" 

"The same way I found you, I imagine."

"..."

He puts down the gun. 

"If I take you to see Duke Kaos, will you kill him?" 

"That depends on his answers to my questions."

I give him a few moments to think it over.  I know he'll come around... one way or another. 

Staring at the rope, he finally says, "Very well, I will take you to him, but is it necessary to tie me up?"

"No, I'll tie her up." 

Honestly, I'm having a hard time believing that he actually cares about her.  Why would he let that count, no viscount play with her otherwise?

Nonetheless, he must have a reason for pretending he cares. 

"Why would you tie her up?" 

"Stop talking, you're giving me a headache, mate."

I decide to tear this place down on my way out.  Having finished tying the girl up, I throw her over my shoulder.  Now, don't get any strange thoughts.  I met enough crazy bitches in my life to lose all interest in relationships. 

"Get going."

As we walk to the exit, I start shifting the is.  There are many ways to take a building down, but I decide to go with a change in materials.  The hard marble changes into weaker and weaker stones...  The change lessens my headache considerable. 

When we reach the street corner, it finally comes crashing down in an epic cloud of dust.  The king stops and turns around.

"Heavens!"

He starts walking back but soon notices that I am not following him.

"My men were still in there..." 

"You want me to believe that you care?  Earlier when I massacred your underlings, you certainly didn't."

He drops the concerned look on his face. 

"Back then I thought you were there for me.  If I die, they are useless."

He's worthy of being my mate indeed.

... 

The king stops his car in front of an opulent mansion.  It's huge and very white.  The fella who lives here must really like stone.

At first, he refused to drive, but when I said that I would drive his girl to some nice fellas I met earlier, he changes his tune.  He's a great pretender but got little to no backbone. 

"Duke's in there?" I ask for confirmation. 

"Yes."

"Then let's go.  The girl will stay in the car."

The spark in his eyes tells me he is already plotting his escape with the girl, but those ropes I created aren't that simple. 

Besides, I don't believe I can't track him down if I put my mind to it. 

After driving up to the big gate, he gets us past the guards without issue.  

At the entrance, we are welcomed by some fancy butler.  I'm tempted to turn him into a panda, but that might give duke the time to run.

I want to get this done before blowing up this country's president, because I reckon they will "cut me off" right after.

As the butler leads us to the Duke's study, I wonder what I'm hoping for.  A good fight?  Satisfactory answers?  An interesting opponent?

Thus far, this has been a waste of time.  I wonder, maybe I should vent some of my frustration on my new mate... 

The king must have caught my gaze, because he suddenly quickens his pace.

... 

The duke is waiting for us, kneeling. 

"Greetings, my liege." 

"Kill him!" his liege shouts. 

Seriously? 

Fortunately, this duke has some skills: he's fast.  

Before I can form a clear vision, his fist punches through my rib cage... precisely the spot where my heart should be.  It's not there though!  It's on the other side.

Since an instant kill is the only way to reliably eliminate people like me, I'd be an idiot not to protect my vital parts. 

The duke hasn't noticed yet.  He pulls back his fist and watches my body fall backwards to the ground.

What is his body made of, some kind of metal?  It's not easy to punch through the human body, especially my ribs!  I should find a way to incapacitate him without changing his body structure.  I want to study it. 

"It is done, my liege." 

This fella is loyal, huh. 

Should I play dead for a while?  I patch up the hole without closing it, instead working around it to make sure this body will last a few more minutes.  Then I let my eyes lose focus and glaze over.

I also cut off my physical sense of pain.  Although it's not as bad as my headaches, it's unnecessary.

"Are you sure he is dead?" King Luis asks doubtfully.

Since I can't exactly shift my brain to my stomach right now, hole and all, I hope they don't go for my head.  If they do, I will need to defend myself and possibly mess up the duke. 

I haven't decided how to incapacitate him without changing his body composition.  For a good plan, I know too little about him.  Is he immune to gasses?  Which ones?  Are his internal organs the same?  It shouldn't be.  At least his arm is made of something decently dense... 

"My liege, I pulverized his heart."

"However!  What about the thing you taught the soldiers... double topping?" 

"Yes, my liege, double tapping.  I told the soldiers to always shoot the enemy in the head because the bullet might miss the heart or not penetrate deep enough.

"My fist ripped all the way through him.  It is unlikely he could have survived.  If he had, he would be dead minutes after."

"He had the same powers as the person who changed you.  Do you think they are behind this?" 

"He did?  My liege, I will call them immediately and-" 

0