Chapter 9 : Aftermath
437 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tch...!" Amy was surprised herself, because Bob managed to stop her fist from hitting Keith who is mere inches away from it by launching his three sectioned staff aimed at her neck in a stabbing motion. Forcing her to immediately alter her stance on the fly, and just as she was about to counter him after dodging his attack, she felt something fast coming behind her.

She punched down, spreading her Aura into the ground. The energy dispersed to around her, causing Bob to lose his balance and the projectile behind her to be deflected away.

"Shino....." Amy darkly spoke when turned around to see the familiar arrow and began scanning the area behind her to look for the hidden assailant. 

"What the...." Bob was also surprised at the scene, but when he saw Amy's attention was more on to where Shino is and seeing her lightly panting, his instinct is telling him to take the opportunity. He got up to his feet and whipped out his weapon at her.

To which he immediately regret, Amy caught it easily without even looking this time and pulled him in. She swung Bob around for several seconds before throwing him on top of one of the trees a distant away, two figure fell down from said tree.

"Owwwie.....!" Shino moaned out in pain.

"Get off me......" Bob groaned.

The two were in a compromising position. With Shino on top and Bob in the bottom.

But before any of the two could act, a shadow loomed over them, it was Amy. She grabbed Shino by the neck and put her against the same big tree she and Bob fell from, then Amy lifted Bob up. 

"Uh......long time no see....M-Miss...?" Bob nervously joked while shrugging, obviously trembling.

Amy smirked and brought her face closer to his, ".....Punishment time~~~" she sung and raised her knee, and hit Bob's stomach.

Reeling back, Bob could feel the air from his lungs left. 

Then Amy turned her attention to Shino, "now for you" she spat viciously. But then, an odd sound of a metallic ping suddenly startled her along with Shino, the latter saw it first as she noticed a grenade pin fell from Bob and in his hand was a tube shaped object to which he tossed up in the air while closing his eyes then covering both of his ears immediately. With Shino doing the same as fast as she could.

A very loud, disorienting boom followed after being thrown, Amy cried out and her grip on them loosened.

Shino immediately took out her needle and just as she was about to throw it, Amy jumped away from her spot. 

"Whoa!" Bob halted his staff from hitting Shino's head as did Shino stopping her dagger from stabbing him in the stomach out of instinct.

"Sorry....." the bigger sheepishly and checked on her, "you good?" he asked and she nodded while wiping her chin.

"It's fine!" she replied, flustered at his concern for her. "Can you help me?" she bluntly ask him with a serious face while showing him the needle.

"I take it that's laced with something pretty strong against her?" he questioned without looking at her and instead had his eyes focus on the blonde Valiant girl a good distance away from them, with his staff in hand and the other inside the spatial bag.

"Bingo, it won't kill her.....but it would make her forget what happened for the last 24 hours" Shino responded with an unsure smile, she flipped her dagger into a reverse grip while also taking a stance.

"That's some freaky stuff you're using....." Bob comically sweatdropped, ".....i'll try buying you some time, no promises how long though......" the man slightly trembled at the thought of directly facing Amy.

"Thanks.....want me to give you a good luck smooch?" Shino playfully teased.

"Oh yeah, that would wash away all my fear and anxiety for suuure...." Bob sarcastically replied with a grin.

Once Amy shook off her disorientation, she glared at the two with pure hate and disdain. Clenching her fists and gritting her teeth in pure rage, she lunged at them with uncanny force and speed.

The two split off, and to Shino's surprise it was her that Amy is going for as oppose to Bob, who is also quite surprise. 

Nevertheless, Shino swung her dagger upward in an uppercut motion but unfortunately Amy dodged it easily by simply tilting her head slightly to the left. The blonde countered her by grabbing her weapon and snapping it in half with no effort at all.

[Imminent Kill shot!] Shino's system informed her.

"Ugh...!!" Shino brought both of her hands up. Blue light particles began to form hexagonal shapes that is rapidly forming, expanding and connecting with each other in front of her.

"Magic...!?" Amy was taken aback as her kick was blocked by the sudden appearance of a Barrier, stunned by Shino's use of Mana, from what she knew the brunette was an Aura user like her.

[Backlash Penalty Applied : 10% Mana reduction] The system blared, Shino used Barrier Tier I that is currently 5 levels above her.

[Barrier I Integrity : 47%] The system showed the Barrier status.

'Shit, the next hit's gonna do me in for sure...!!' Shino panicked, while also feeling the backlash of using Barrier as it's taking effect almost immediately.

Amy reared back her left arm for another punch, but suddenly she sensed an incoming attack behind her. She looked back to see Bob's staff flying straight at her, by instinct she slapped the staff upwards with her right arm, but is surprise when noticed chains wrapping said arm. Bob threw the staff as a distraction so she wouldn't see the chained knives  he had taken out of his bag to wrap around one of her limbs, by the time she noticed it was too late, in her attempt to shake or even break it off, Bob flicked the chain and skillfully landed the loop to her neck, restricting her further.

Amy was about to leap again as she was charging her foot with Aura, but is stopped by Shino who kicked her leg using her own Aura, disrupting Amy's channeling. Shino proceeded to finally take out her needle, and just as she was about to puncture her, Amy kicked off several pebbles at Shino, who reflexively closed her eyes at the incoming debris abruptly, thus giving Amy a chance kick her away then regaining her stance back. This time, instead of jumping away Amy locked herself firmly where she stood using Aura, she then grabbed the chain using her other free arm and pulled with all her strength.

Pulling at Bob once towards her again, she was about to grab him but just as he was about to be grabbed again. Amy recoiled in pain instead, this time was different, as Bobby grabbed her ring finger on her left hand and pulled in the opposite direction.

"Sorry, that won't work on me the second time..." he told her, with a composed and stoic face while skillfully landing down.

Glaring at the pink haired mob, Amy powered up her other arm. But she was kicked on her side from behind, courtesy of Shino who had recovered moments earlier, followed up by Bobby who performed a palm strike to her stomach making her lose further concentration to use her Aura, which resulted in weakening the imbuement on her body. 

In that moment, Shino's eyes hardened and did not waste any seconds to take the opportunity. This time, she took that same needle out and punctured her at the back of the neck.

Amy's eyes widened when she felt a piercing pain around her neck. However, during her stunned moment, she was once again hit with another palm strike from Bob, this time on her left leg. Causing her to buckle, and fell on her knees, she stopped struggling as Bob felt no more resistance, he freed her finger from his hold. 

Feeling light head suddenly, Amy looked up to see a disheveled Bobby. "Heh......i think.......it's much....better.....if you......handled me......in bed, with....love instead....of....." she drawled out before passing out.

"Is she......is she out now....? really out...??" Bob warily looked at her while asking Shino.

The transmigrator stared at the now outcold Amy for several more seconds, "i think.....yeah, i think we got her" she sighed and plopped down on the ground. As did Bob.

"I am soooo gonna take some time off after this......" Shino whined.

"....and im gonna leave 'fore she comes to, you take it easy now" Bob immediately sat up, "i got me the protagonist to look after too, so..." he added while rubbing his neck.

"Thanks B, i owe you lots..." Shino waved at him tiredly.

The orientation should be over by now she thought, since from her knowledge, they all should be near the center point where everyone is suppose to gather. Since they were nearby anyway, she opted to carry Amy and she conjured up a temporary stamina boosting potion. 

Just as she was about to drink it, Amy suddenly sat upward. Causing the brunette to freeze.

"Uugh....Shino..? what happened....?" Amy groaned.

"Uh..." Shino tried to think of a plausible excuse, "we got....surrounded by some ghouls, and.....an Elder Ghoul showed up, it got you from behind, luckily others came to help me....." she tried to keep a convincing tone, "......fend them off long enough for us to escape....." she finished with a hope of her believing it.

"Hnngg...!" Amy got up to stretched after standing up, "...hmm...?" she felt something pricking her pretty deep around the back of her neck. The blonde girl focused her Aura, and cracked her neck to the left.

The Aura dislodging and launching the needle out of her neck like a bullet. 

Shino's jaws hit the floor at seeing that. 

Meanwhile, Bob is helping Keith by lending his shoulder to walk, making their way to the center which should be close.

"Ow..!! what the....." Bob felt a sudden prick on his buns.

 

 

 

 

14