012: Scorching Fumes
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the midst of the blazing chaos, my mind raced furiously, desperately seeking a strategy, a way to overcome the imminent threat that loomed before me: the fuming (F+) Ilosphat. Its killing intent, so great, almost masked the fluttering, detestable creatures behind us, the wretched wails of the Mournfoon!

I struggled to find my bearings as thick smoke billowed from towering infernos, shrouding the air with a sharp and acrid scent—a swirling veil of grays and blacks.

Flames etched across the already abhorrent UvoSathian trees, devouring their leaves and transforming them into charred carcasses of death.

As the heat intensified, the smoke thickened, blocking the sight of the menacing Dilophosaurus-like creature, the hissing (F+) Ilosphat. A frilled horror comparable to the size of the Doervus. It was unlike its lesser…smaller counterparts in the [F-Rank].

Veiled in smoke, the (F+) Ilosphat advanced as an ominous silhouette, approaching with slow, deliberate steps—each pressing down and flattening the once vibrant grasses that raged in fiery colors.

Emerald hues gleamed sinisterly from the (F+) Ilosphat's orbs, their presence alone radiated harshly, causing the Doervus to tremble intensely beneath me.

I patted the Doervus's furred neck, it was all I could do to reassure it in this troubling occasion, but uncertainty invaded my thoughts as I felt my heart pound in my chest, unsure of how these events would unfold. I struggled, struggled to suppress the primal instinct seeking to envelop me, the desire to panic!

What could I do?! I carried on with that line of thinking, until…

"WAAAAHHHH..! WAAAAAHHHH..!" I cringed, cursing under my breath as my ears twitched, instinctively attuned to the harsh cries of the Mournfoon.

Damn it! We needed to find a way to escape!

But our options were limited as the (F+) Ilosphat stood between us and safety. The Mournfoon were closing in, their mournful whines echoing in the distance, drawing nearer with each passing moment. Yet this was no time for fear or doubt!

Survival was paramount, and I would not let fear cripple me! My heart pounded in my chest, this time with adrenaline infused through my veins as I clenched my fists and readied my retractable set of ears to face these monstrous creatures!

The moment was approaching to make a decision, seconds remained. I took a deep breath, the acrid scent of burning foliage filling my nostrils.

Fighting against my inner fear, I locked eyes with the (F+) Ilosphat, refusing to back down in the face of its vengeful fury.

I tightened my grip on my spear held within one ear—its crystalline blade shimmering in flaming sheens—and the other ear gripped on the Doervus's sleek fur.

With a thrust of my spear, I shouted: "WE FIGHT!" Urging it forward with a mighty tug. In that moment, the Doervus roared and bolted without a care toward the (F+) Ilosphat!

"By the pride of my fallen herd! I shall take you down Ilosphat!" The Doervus exclaimed as their hooves galloped across the blazing field.

Suddenly, the crackle of a burning branch snapped me back to a vivid recollection which surged through my mind with a force that felt unbearable. I was transported to another time, another place! The soul-crushing images of the past materializing before my very eyes—blending with the ravaging chaos of the despicable present…

 

…a child, stood in front of a house consumed by flames. Tears streamed down her face, mingling with the sweat and soot that covered her skin. She trembled with exhaustion, tranced in fear to the bleak devastation…

 

…the same feeling of helplessness and terror I experienced before tried to grip me once more. The crackling fire licked at the edges of my consciousness, taunting me with their merciless glow.

Gradually, my breathing began to slow, my panic subsiding. The flames around me seemed to lose their ferocity, slowly fading into the background. The past and the present separated, allowing me to gain a semblance of control.

 

NEXUS ONLINE!

─ BOND LEVELED UP: 

[⭐️⭐️(2-STARS)] → [⭐️⭐️⭐️(3-STARS)]

─ Status Changed!

─ CONNECTION STATUS: 

Doervus status increased from [ALLY] → [COMRADE]

 

Our combined power, a fusion of crimson lightning and azure electricity, sparked fervently around us as we charged toward the (F+) Ilosphat! Our lightning affinity!

With no reluctance and matching our bravado like the vindictive beast it was, the Ilosphat tootilted into a sprint.

With each step closer, my heart pounded in my chest, a steady rhythm that matched the intensity of the impending clash. The world around us seemed to blur, as if time itself held its breath, the chaos around us fading into the background. It was just me, the Doervus, and the (F+) Ilosphat—a trifecta of strength, willpower, and primal desire.

Once in range, the (F+) Ilosphat unleashed its fury with a foul hiss, spewing venomous fumes, followed by toxic blasts of globs in an attempt to halt our advance.

 

─ SKILL DETECTED, resounded the voice of the G.A.I.A.

─ Toxic Haze: is a defensive skill that harnesses the power of poisonous gases within the Ilosphat to create a hazardous zone. The toxic fumes possess harmful properties, causing damage over time to any unfortunate enough to remain within the haze. Avoidance advised.

 

"Doervus, brace yourself!" I shouted, a warning made in acknowledgment that the Doervus is unable to see or hear the G.A.I.A.'s guidance. "Take heed to those fumes!"

The Doervus bellowed in response, its antlers crackling with crimson electricity.

Amidst its charge, the Doervus's antlers sliced through the air, deflecting incoming projectiles: globs, and globs, and globs.

My position on its back would not allow me to help it, yet… I tightened my grip on my spear, channeling my electrical power [Doom Zap] into it and swiftly climbed my small form up the Doervus's neck.

I reached the top of its head, a paw and ear clenched on its antlers as I enhanced my spear with [Regal Ram], hardening the properties of the spear as I assisted the Doervus by swiping globules of globs in a hastened motion.

Swipe! Swish! Slash! My ears flung in wild, tumultuous twirls.

Soon we managed to close the distance and in a swift motion, I adjusted my spear to face the (F+) Ilosphat head-on. My sight obstructed by its noxious fumes—the last barrier between us.

We were jousted to collide as the (F+) Ilosphat's scorching flames consumed us as we entered its fumes. I continued to channel the lightning within me, allowing its raw power to surge through my being. The energy crackled along my stretchable ears, illuminating the air with a vital glow.

In that electrifying process, the (F+) Ilosphat's fiery breath seemed to prove ineffective against the Doervus's lightning-infused body—amped to the extreme by synchronizing my own electricity with it. However, I could… I blinked in astonishment, I vaguely felt the persistent stinging of the Ilosphat's [Toxic Haze].

It was an oddity, but an assuring feeling that our lightning shielded us from greater harm.

Yet I wondered… wondered if this was among the benefits of the [Bond Level] increasing?

The thought only lingered shortly as we collided with the (F+) Ilosphat, the impact reverberated through my body, almost jolting me off the Doervus's head! The Doervus's antlers clashed with the Ilosphat's frilled crested-head, a clash that unleashed an explosion of energy and sparked the area with lightning and gases.

But otherwise, I pushed past the disorientation, focusing on our shared goal of taking down the (F+) Ilosphat. I had to assist the Doervus, and the tension in the air was palpable.

With each blow, thrusts of my spear engulfed in my [Lightning], sparks flew, illuminating the smoke-filled air with a mesmerizing display of crimson and azure. The clash of elemental powers intensified, crackling and sizzling with raw power, as if the very fabric of reality strained under the strain of our collisions.

Amidst the chaos, I could hear the ferocious hissing of the (F+) Ilosphat, its venomous fumes seeping into the air. Despite our lightning-infused defense, the toxic haze still managed to sting, causing a burning sensation across my skin.

I winced, but it was not me who was taking the brunt of the (F+) Ilosphat's attacks as I had a vantage point on top of the Doervus's head.

During our collaborative assault, I beheld the claw-slashing, ravenous, fang-glinting (F+) Ilosphat from above. I jabbed my spear downward, ears reaching, clinging on for dear life as the very ground shook beneath us.

The Doervus's electrified antlers tore at the (F+) Ilosphat's scaly hide, while my lightning-infused spear struck, but the tenacious thrusts—our combined effort!— barely inflicted any visible damage on the ruthless creature's unbothered form.

The (F+) Ilosphat let out a guttural roar, its eyes wide with fury.

Swish! The Doervus cried out in succession as claws ripped into its flank—its shoulders etched in fresh marks!

I tried not to panic as the (F+) Ilosphat sliced into the Doervus's pelt once again, particles splattering into the air. I wanted to scream, scream-out to the world, to express to the (F+) Ilosphat to stop! But it was the uselessness of such a futile act.. it made me heave! No… I must Scream!

The time had come to unleash it!

Inhaling drifting particles, I took a deep breath and focused my internal energy, preparing to unleash the powerful attack I had inherited from the Perlachirp: the newly acquired [Melodious Shout].

My paws plugged the Doervus ears, and in that moment: I screamed!

With a sharp exhale, I let out a deafening shout with a fervor that surprised even myself, a piercing melody that echoed through the fiery rainforest. The sound waves rippled with a harmonic intensity, carrying the weight of my desire and defiance, quaking the environment, dispersing the hazardous fumes around us.

As the sonic waves collided with the (F+) Ilosphat's menacing form, it recoiled, momentarily staggered by the sheer force of the blaring impact.

Taking advantage of the brief distraction, the Doervus sprang into action, its antlers crackling with electrifying energy. Bolts of lightning surged between its horns as it fired [Doom Zaps] upon the (F+) Ilosphat. Resulting in lightning surging throughout the reptilian horror's body with vicious intensity.

The (F+) Ilosphat faltered but it remained a malevolent force of nature as it regained its equilibrium and pounced.

The clash between the two large creatures sent shockwaves through the surroundings, uprooting trees and trembling the ground.

Yet the Mournfoon, never forgotten, sought this as an opportunity to enact their relentless onslaught. With their talons poised to ensnare us, they descended upon our vulnerable position. Wings and ballooned-forms casting shadows over us.

The battle became a dance of survival, as we deftly avoided the Mournfoon's ambitious attacks. Swiftly, I dropped to the Doervus's back, and launched my own counterstrike—with me firing lightning bolts, relentless [Doom Zaps] which streaked through the furious skies, defiled and pealed by the swarming abominations.

Despite that, in the midst of this chaos, the (F+) Ilosphat refused to remain idle.

It seized the opportunity and launched calculated strikes, using its claws and gnashing teeth to eradicate us. Its violent thrashing also harmed the Mournfoon, as it attacked any that came too close.

Sweat dripped down my forehead as my heart pounded in my chest. The air filled with a cacophony of discordant sounds—the acrid stench of (F+) Ilosphat's toxic fumes mingling with the haunting cries of the Mournfoon.

It was a battle of dominance, a struggle for survival as I jabbed and swiped my spear and ear, [MereEar Slashes] retracting aplenty—seeking to connect with anything, just any of these antagonistic Eldriyssals. We needed to stand our ground, refusing to succumb to the overwhelming chaos that threatened to engulf us.

Die! Perish! Get back you foul beasts! I declared in thought as I pierced with spear and ear which shattered the forms of the Mournfoon. While in the midst of this merciless battle, the Doervus struggled to hold its ground against the (F+) Ilosphat, swinging its electrified antlers—smacking onto the Ilosphat's resilient body.

I thought of and examined numerous scenarios to emerge out of this perilous situation.

It was a critical moment, where swift action would determine our fate. It was now or never! Think, Aera! Think!

It then struck me! Drawing upon the instincts of my past self and the lightning coursing through my veins, I unleashed a barrage of precise strikes, the stretching ears as an extension of my will, each serving as a weapon against the encroaching foes. I electrified my ears which whipped far through the air with [Lightning] and enhanced the swings and strength of my ears by utilizing the [MereEar Slash] and the [Regal Ram] together to create a powerful synthesis of skill and technique.

Crack! Slice! Punch! My ears moved with unparalleled speed and accuracy, slashing through the strings, bodies, and wings that tethered the Mournfoon to the sky. One by one they plummeted, their spectral forms dissipating into nothingness. The air echoed with their fading wails, a chorus of defeated spirits.

The Doervus and I were swift in absorbing the wretched particles that speckled and fell from above, desperate to take in all the power we could get.

I had barely withered the Mournfoon's numbers, yet I was still pleased with the results.

But the battle was far from won. The (F+) Ilosphat still remained, enraged by our defiance, continuing to unleash its savage assault. Its venomous fangs dripped with anticipation—poised to strike and seal our fate.

0