My first subordinate
187 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ha”

I exhaled lightly.

Well, regaining hope, it’s time to work.

The protection barrier will last me only three days. Additionally, creating new buildings is much easier at that time.

I don’t really need to process materials or build myself. The system will do that for me for the next three days.

'I need to expand aggressively.'

I thought.

Looking at the surrounding gigantic trees. Blocking the sun. I decided to take a stroll to see the limits of the barrier.

It should be one thousand meters in every direction, but it’s better to make sure.

>>>>>>>>>>

Coming to the same spot after my round around the unfamiliar territory.

I went to the nearby hut that was there from the beginning.

I still, felt a little tense after meeting with the big bad wolf that seeing me instantly wanted to jump on me but was comically stopped by a barrier.

Entered a cabin a bit hesitantly.

There wasn’t much, only a bed and basic furniture. However, in the center of the house was the small altar.

On it, illuminating the rest of the hut was levitating purple crystal. My lifeline. If someone destroyed it, I will lose access to the system.

Yeah, this means basically death. So, I need to protect it at all costs.

Opening my inventory, I was at a loss. Because the only thing that should be here wasn’t there.

Ten low-grade scrolls of summoning. I don’t have them....

Wait, what is this?

                                           [ Scroll of summoning-high grade, Tier 1 ]

[Using it, you can summon your new subordinate. As it is a high-grade scroll, there will be more chances for a race other than human and the possibility of obtaining underling with a job. Additionally, new races with a better bloodline will be added, and a small possibility of gaining a Tier 2 summon.]

Only one. I have only one summoning scroll, but it’s a high grade.

Worth it?

With my talent, it doesn’t make a difference....

‘F*ck’

It seems my luck runs out.

Still a better bloodline? Does that mean something like high elves or high humans?

Better bloodline..... So basically nobility?

Well, that may be not that bad of a deal.

Races that have high, noble, or other titles are much stronger than their normal brethren.

They were so rare that I don’t know much about them. Players don’t have them or just keep it a secret from the public. When coming back to our planet.

Yes, I can go back home. Still, the difficulty in doing so is tremendous.

If it was that easy then why 99% of the players are still here?

Everything depends on luck, I can only say. However, I am still too weak to think that far into the future.

Well, let’s give it a try.....

Taking the scroll out and walking closer to the crystal. I placed it on the altar.

...

‘Why is there no reaction? I remember...’

Abruptly, the crystal shone brightly. Blinding me, which made me cover my eyes.

Opening my eyes again, I found myself in the blue void with lights that seems like stars in the distant sky.

What?

[Please customize your summon]

Race

Gender

Age

Overall look

Height

Job

Seeing the transparent screen with a lot of options to choose from, I realized that it's my talent in working here. So I calmed down.

So race?

Something powerful would be good...

[Race:Dragon]

[Error, you can only summon humanoid species]

So dragon will not do?

That’s unfortunate....

-15 minutes later-

Race: Noble Vampire

Gender: Female

Age: 18

Overall look: Superb

Height: 175cm (5′ 9″)

Job: assassin

Going through all the classes and races, I decided on this one. She should be quite powerful. Good for the start.

When choosing an overall look, I will not lie. From ugly, below average, average, pretty, beautiful, and superb. There was an option for random too.

I chose the superb. Well, nothing is wrong with that, isn’t it?

‘Tall, beautiful, vampire princess. Which will become my bodyguard....’

There is nothing strange about my choice.

I nodded my head a couple of times. Feeling that is pretty legit.

[Confirm]

Clicking the button. I felt a sudden painful headache in my mind.

Before I could reorganize my own though again. I was back at the wooden house.

“Milady”

Kneeling on one knee. With red eyes, white moonlight hair, and ears that were similar to elves, but shorter.

A dangerously attractive woman was looking at me with her predatory gaze. My heart unconsciously skipped a beat, but I tried not to show it on my face.

“Please call me Catharine. ”

I answered, coming closer to her. With some wariness in my steps.

As some people call them blood-sucking monsters, without any empathy for another human beings.

Although, no one ever admitted to summoning a vampire, and information about meeting them in the wild environment is only negative and scarce.

I still took a gamble. After all, every summoned subject at the start is loyal to the Lord, and never had there been a case where a newly summoned individual attacked the Player.

The vampire blinked her eyes, and after hearing my response, shook her head, saying.

“You are my Milady, I can’t do that”

“Then.. That’s an order, call me Catharine. ”

I said almost instantly.

Only then, I saw a slight flash of emotions in her eyes. Yet, it disappeared as soon as it appeared.

“Yes, I will do as you say.”

She is loyal.....

I mean, they are loyal but not that much loyal. You have to earn their trust.

‘Hmm..’

I took her hand and raised her gently from the ground. Her hand was warm, not cold as I thought it would be.

‘She didn’t bite me. That is a good signal.’ 

I reflect upon my reckless behavior of approaching a vampire.

“I will depend on you. So please take care of me, from now on. ”

After taking a step back and letting go of her hand, I said it to her.

“Don’t worry, that’s my mission.”

She replied naturally.

“Um.. Do you have a name?”

I inquired. Still, feeling like those circumstances are so unrealistic.

I was planning to live a peaceful life, but here I am.

Talking with a vampire in the other world or maybe a realm or reality.

Scientists are still not in agreement when it comes to this.

“Natalia, that’s my name.”

She responded, giving it a bit of thought as if trying to remember.

“Where is your weapon, Natalia?”

I asked. Because every summoned subordinate that has a class. Should come with his own weapon.

Natalia, on the other hand, didn’t seem to have any.

“Ah.. You mean this?”

She said, and suddenly her nails grew longer. Making them look like deadly claws.

“Um.. Now I know.”

I spoke with some bewilderment in my voice.

“Anyway, I have a mission for you.”

“Try to scout the surroundings. Clear it from the nearby monsters. Regardless, remember to stay close to the barrier so you can escape.”

“Understood?”

I finished speaking.

The girl nodded her head. After it, she disappeared in a flash. Leaving only me in a room.

I sighed softly. Still, feeling a growing headache in my mind.

I guess using your talent isn’t free.

Going outside the hut. I decided to look for some resources inside the barrier. I don’t have anything to do, anyway.

‘Picking some fruits and medical herbs would be useful. ‘

I thought silently.

-a couple of hours later-

As the sky turned dark.

I managed to ignite the fireside inside the house. Keeping me from the cold.

I am kinda worried. Why is she still not back?

I keep thinking like that for the last hour. 

So anxious.

In this world, killing the other monsters. The corpse will disappear, leaving useful materials.

Like meat, bones, and monster core. If you are lucky, you can get the scroll.

Wanting to farm scrolls, I sent her away.

The questing is, was that really a good idea?

Maybe I should have expanded steadily...

As my thoughts got more in disarray.

I heard a click of the door and the person I was worried about, entered the house.

I had a lot of words to say, but when I saw a deep gash on her arm. They stopped in my throat.

Taking her other healthy arm, I led her to sit on the bed. Placing her other arm on my knees.

“I was fighting some two-meter carnivorous plant when suddenly from the brushes ambushed me big lizard. I didn’t manage to dodge entirely.”

She said maybe seeing my worry.

“My regeneration skill is just level 1, so it could stop only bleeding. ”

She added.

Taking out some weird, small-looking fruit from the inventory.

“Don’t move your arm, it's  gonna hurt a bit.”

I said, trying to hold her arm in one place. Squishing the juice from the fruit on her wound.

Hearing her whimper. I comforted her.

“It has healing properties. So please hold on.”

Her skin seems to eagerly absorb the juice. Making her wound heal faster.

After 20 minutes of making some breaks in between. Because I know this can be painful. Her injury fully closed.

It isn't fully healed yet but with her regeneration abilities. Tomorrow it should be like new.

“Let’s go to sleep. You can sleep with me because there is only one bed. Tomorrow you will tell me everything in detail.”

10