Prologue
104 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Loneliness is a luxury most humans want, but it could drive one crazy if it's too much. This so-called "Luxury" is supposed to give people peace of mind, time to think, and time to calm themselves, but things don't go that way. When you're supposed to be calmer, have a clearer mind, and have more time to think. But that wasn't the case. It was other things around. Too much loneliness will result in low social ability, increasing depression and anxiety. Allies, friends, and others you could rely on won't exist. That's a privilege when isolating oneself.

 

That was the case for our royal-blooded main character. A race that can and only exists in fairy tales, legends, and stories. A race that the residents of some worlds fear for its existence. A race nourished by blood that served as a pillar for their survival. A race that exists, but at the same time, it doesn't exist. In the world where our main character lives, its entire race has been wipe out. Yet, the story continues, learning that its race was wiped out and having a hidden fact that "One" exists. But that "One" barely has the will to continue living.

 

Its consciousness was fading away in this world. But what can happen when one's body is alive, its heart is beating, which stands as proof it is still living despite the owner's will? It doesn't matter; the answer itself will come later on. Wherever the main character's consciousness is, its tale will be told, even in death; its story will follow as long as it lives, and it will never leave till the end of its adventure.

 

The conscious, or we can say the soul, was floating endlessly for an uncertain time, as we know. Maybe a year? Decades? Don't know. There is no time here in this endless night to tell. I could tell our protagonist was not merely floating in darkness or space; it was more like drowning deeper in the ocean, slowly wandering, letting a wave bring us to somewhere we didn't know.

 

After waiting for who knows how long, something bright finally shows up. The light felt like we were pulling it instead of being pulled by it. The light had taken over the night. Things went calmer. Looking around, it was a room with a bed occupied by a female holding a baby. It was a mother, and the boy was the reason for this story to move forward, and it won't end till the bound fate falls upon him. But can this newborn, bound by fate itself, break free from the shackle? And create its own destiny?

 

The beginning... but... Is it really the beginning?

 

It's been ten years. The main character had turned ten. He was in a dark room that was locked. He was in tears after hearing the unfortunate news. His parents, who were supposed to return home today, passed away in a car accident a week ago.

 

*Knocked* *Knocked*

 

"I'm sorry, Erik, but please don't isolate yourself; I haven't seen you since last week." It was a female voice, a young girl one year Erik's old age. Erik is a given name he received on the day he was born.

 

"Leave me alone!" Erik responded. The girl named Anastasia was Erik's childhood friend; they were neighbors, and Anastasia often visited Erik, keeping him company while Erik's parents were away for a family matter. The only family he was with was his aunt, his father's older sister. But his aunt was often late at night, returning home from work.

 

"But-"  Anastasia was worried but was cut off by Erik.

 

"Shut up!" Anastasia's young patience had run out, and she fell silent. The door was unlocked a few moments later. Anastasia was walking silently while holding a key. Erik was confused as she grabbed the pillow that was lying on the floor.

 

"What are you-!" Erik's confused state begs for clarification, but Anastasia has no time.

 

"Shut up! Don't say Shut up! You little! Don't forget I'm older than you!" she shouted launching the pillow at Erik's face.

 

"Don't just keep crying every day! Your mother and father will be sad if they see you in this state! I know they don't want this to happen, and I know... No, what I meant was that you know your parents want you to be happy more than anyone else! So stop crying! Making your parents sad!"

 

Anastasia's word had gotten through to Erik. "Anastasia... Thank you," Erik expressed gratitude to Anastasia.

 

"Hehehe, you're welcome," Anastasia said proudly, showing Erik, who was older. Erik, on the other hand, does not appear to be finished talking.

 

"But that was a little cringe-worthy, childish, and improper way of encouraging someone, "Older Sister." If it had been someone else, they would be crying a lot right now, you know?" Erik responds, slightly smiling.

 

"Forget it!" she said, slamming Erik with another pillow before leaving.

 

Erik had almost recovered mentally after the deaths of his parents after a few months. Erik was watching his favorite show on TV today, a show he and his father used to watch together when his father was still alive. Anastasia was looking through the refrigerator for something to eat. After seeing something inside, she smirked. And wanted it.

 

"Erik, can I borrow your phone?"

 

"No"

 

"How about your book? Can I?"

 

"No"

 

"Can I wear your clothes?"

 

"No"

 

"Are you going to eat your ice cream?"

 

"No-!" Erik quickly realized something and quickly ran off to Anastasia.

 

"Then it's mine now! Thanks for the food!" Anastasia quickly grabbed the ice cream and started opening for a feast.

 

"Wait! That's mine! Hey! Don't run! At least let me have a bite!!"

 

"No way! A word is a word! You said it!"

 

Five years had passed. The two were seated together on the rooftop of the school building. Enjoying the conversation. But the atmosphere quickly changes... "Erik, I only have a few more days to live."

4