Chapter 5
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's a good thing that the lullaby worked. Wait, where did I hear that lullaby? I can't remember." He tried thinking back to his past again, but nothing showed a single image from his past. But how did he just sing the whole lullaby? And how was he sure he just knew it was the entire lullaby? Intuition? Maybe he just sang it with any words he could think of. He shrugged it off and said, "It's no use thinking, I can't remember no matter how much effort and time I give."

 

"Hmm, if this boy could see me, maybe I could have him help me in the future when he grows up. I mean, he's the only one who could see me. But first, I wonder what I could do as a ghost. Ghosts float, right?" Erik imagined himself as a flying Erik. Nothing happened after a brief moment of silence.

 

"Hmm, maybe I should jump?" he rejoices, picturing himself flying, a human who can't fly like birds, but himself as a ghost. Can he feel the feelings of flying birds? Soaring through the sky?

 

The moment Erik jumped, there was no flying Erik in him, but a falling Erik appeared. Instead of landing on the floor or floating, he passes through the floor, which is the cause of his fall, but since he can't leave the room for some reason, instead of falling on the first floor of the house, he landed on the second floor, where he was. What made it worse was that he fell down directly at the child cribs.

 

Erik opened his eyes. He was looking at the ceiling of the room. He can't see very well, somehow his vision became blurry as soon as he opened his eyes, and his body felt heavy. He tried to talk, but no words left his mouth. He soon felt something strange, his body felt different, it's not how he used to.

 

Something was appearing in his vision—a blurry figure. It was large, and its two hands became more visible as it approached him. The two hands grab him and pull him towards the unclear figure. He was getting closer. He saw the woman again, who had just left the room not long ago. He couldn't understand what she was saying considering she was speaking in a foreign language. The giant lady began to move, leaving the room. Everything was enormous in his eyes, and he felt like crying. "Did I possess the child? That's great! Finally, I could... Huh? The more each second passed, the more I felt... Scared??" he thought.

 

After a few moments, a huge human just came out of the baby. It was a weird sight to behold. His wants were granted. He was floating excitedly but in deep thought. "I finally got out, but I felt terrified for some reason. I wonder who or what I am scared of? It's not like people will still get back at you even after your death, right? Hahaha."

 
"Ohh, I'm floating! This is great!" Erick started floating around, not minding how small the house is, but it doesn't matter. He could just pass through life and objects. Without having a little break, he wall-pulled another time. 

 

Instead of a wooden room, he found himself outside the house this time. Below him was a soft green grass, flowers scattered everywhere, and a warm touch of the sun, though it would only get passed to him. The clouds were floating in the blue sky. Winds that the trees dance along. "What a peaceful sight to see!" He yelled. It was loud and clear, and yet no one would notice the cheerful face that was carved into his face.

 

"It appears I wasn't bound to that room of yours, child, but rather to you. Does that make me more like a guardian than a creepy ghost? That'll be cool!" Erik was acting like a child. Has his mental age reverted to that of a child? Nonetheless, he was observant. "Wait... Do guardians possess? Ughhh! I knew it!" He was irritated but quickly changed his attention when he saw where they were heading. "Hmm? That guy, is he the father?"

 

The father unsheathed his sword from his waist. His eyes were closed, concentrating. Water began to sprout, covering his sword like a waterfall. He danced under the sea sky, each of the swings releasing a burst of water from the tip of his blade. The water danced along, slicing an imaginary enemy. The dance continues with a graceful swing, and with each strike, the water magic strengthens the impact of his sword.

 

He stopped for a few moments and opened his eyes. His eyes were full of another concentration, and he channeled his inner magic. Water droplets began forming in front of him, floating in the air, glimmering with a serene blue hue and its shapeless form, and began to form a humanoid figure resembling himself.

 
Allan stares at his opponent, gripping his sword. Water forms a protective shield, effectively guarding him from any attack effectively. The water figure constructs a sword made of water. Allan moves like shapeless water, which enhances his reflexes to the extent of his ability. This allows him to dodge any form of attack from the water figure with ease. In each of his dodges, a trail of drops of water left a captivating mist.

 

The battle raged on, the clash of water forces echoing in the surroundings. Allan's sword, which was imbued with the essence of water, cut through the clone's watery body. The clone struggled to reform itself as he kept dancing, hitting every part of its body. In his final dance, he swung with an incredible pressure that was covering his sword, completely destroying the form of the water. 

 

Erik was floating, captivated by the sword form, in a dance. "That's beautiful!" He was surprised, witnessing magic and a sword for the first time. He was thinking of wanting to learn it, but at the same time, he felt he couldn't with no physical body and being bound to a child.

2