Chapter 6
123 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6

Tanya woke up firmly at the same time she did every day. After changing her clothes quickly she stepped out into the hallway as everyone else woke up or was otherwise forcefully woken up. Most had gotten into a good routine for waking up in the morning that Tanya's input was no longer directly needed.

Entering the kitchen Tanya looked around trying to spot what breakfast would be. She normally wouldn't need to eat at all, but ever since coming to this world she had developed basic human needs like food, drink, and sleep. It was annoying to her to be suddenly dragged back into such routines, but she had learned to live with it fairly quickly.

A few moments after entering the kitchen however she noticed someone saluting her and saying "Good morning, Chancellor Degurechaff!"

The phrasing alone wasn't what confused her but rather who said it. The individual in question was Matheus Weiss, the de facto head of the 203rd from her second life. But what was he doing here? Immediately she remembered what had happened. He had been summoned by Falmuth and saved from imprisonment indirectly by Tanya and was now part of Tempest.

It felt strange, however. It felt like just a day prior she had no recollection of these memories at all but now she did. Part of her felt like she had always had these memories since she got here, but her instincts told her otherwise.

'Are they pausing time in our original worlds and sending us back to live out our lives normally before sending us back here or is something else going on? It might be worth discussing with Ainz later.'

Returning to reality she nodded towards Weiss, asking, "How did you get here?"

"Oh I found a button on my desk and while I wasn't going to push it, something compelled me to and so I did. Apologies if I made a mistake, Ma'am."

Tanya sighed, "It's fine. I suppose it's good to have you, Weiss."

While she felt like she had always known Weiss was summoned by Falmuth, she knew for a fact that Weiss was not in this 'school world' the day before. Nevertheless she had other things to deal with.

Everyone in the house seemed quick to accept Weiss' presence, all seemingly having the same memory shift that Tanya had. After breakfast and a bit of preparation time Tanya and her group began heading to school, Milim once more steaming by into the outer wall of the school with her tank as the rest followed inside.

{X} {X} {X} {X} {X}

Making everyone ready for school was not getting easier. The group managed to get inside the classroom mere seconds before the bell rang. Ainz purposely ignored Tanya's judgemental stare and got to his seat.

Luckily it seems that Tabula was just as unprepared and rummaged through his note ignoring his duties.

"It's time to start." Mariposa harshly whispered to her forgetful husband.

"I'm trying to find the plan. Ah, I can just improvise." Tabula pushed the piles of papers aside.

The succubus grabbed the bridge of her nose and with a sigh and tried to find the lecture plan that was in front of her eyes a moment ago but now was hopelessly lost in the chaotic void that was Tabula's notes.

"You have to stick to the plan. Principal Gazel told you three times that you have to stick to it."

"What does he know about teaching?" Tabula waved her off and grabbed one of his notebooks. "This will do."

"We have to find the plan!" Mariposa protested. "I am not losing the midday coffee and muffin privilege because of you again!"

"But-"

"Not butts." She grabbed a stack of papers and went through it at a rapid pace as the class watched their two teachers with amusement and concern.

"There it is!" She triumphantly pulled out the lecture plan and slammed it on the table.

"Fine. The history of horror cinema would have been more interesting." Tabula mumbled under his breath.

He finally looked at the students and announced. "Good morning class. Today we will pick the class president and fill the committees. Let's start with choosing the president."

"Who would like to take this position?" Mariposa asked the class.

Demiurge instantly stood up. "I think I speak for everyone when I say that there is only one candidate to fill this role. Only Emperor Ainz Ooal Gown is suited to lead us."

Otto quickly stood up in response, "Well I believe that it should be Kanz-"

Tanya interrupted the orc just as quickly as he stood up, "Sit down, Otto."

Otto sat down without another word as Shion stood up next, "Well it's obvious that King Rimuru would be much better suited for the presidency. Tell me, has your Emperor ever solved his problems without brute force or subversive actions?"

Shion immediately made a challenge at Demiurge's proposal, already trying to campaign against Ainz as if the sides hadn't already been decided the moment they were brought into this world.

Tanya sighed as she leaned her head against her arm on the desk, 'No way in hell I'm going to try to be class president of this band of freaks. I'm only Chancellor because I need that position to push my Modern Revolution. In this world there's no way in hell I'm taking such a position. Besides, if I tried to go for the position it'd split the votes amongst our faction. It'd be like the 1912 US presidential election. At the very least I need Rimuru to be vice president. No way in hell I'm letting the closest thing to a government be dominated entirely by their faction.'

"I must remind you that we are choosing class president, not class clown." Demiurge shot back with his usual smirk. "I must seriously doubt your judgment in your choices for a leader."

"Demiurge, that's enough." Ainz interrupted the demon. 'If it comes down to voting we are the larger group and they would all vote for me. It's safe to assume that Tanya's group would do the same for their candidate.'

Ainz stood up and announced. "I put forth my candidacy for the position but let's keep this civil."

"I suppose I'm running as well…" Rimuru muttered nervously, clearly not too thrilled about taking on the position.

Tanya looked up towards Tabula and asked, "Does whoever get second in the vote become the Vice President?"

Tabula looked up from whatever he was scribbling with an expression that he couldn't care less, "Sure why not. Decide among yourselves."

"We might as well do a vote." Tanya muttered, creating a box for votes to go in and creating pieces of paper on everyone's desk, already knowing the results but at least wanting to make it official.

It came to no one's surprise that Ainz got the most votes and Rimuru came in second. What was confusing however was the votes being 10 to 12.

Arta, for once, seemed a bit confused, "Huh? I voted for Tempest so we'd have a tie, who voted for Ainz?"

Tanya raised her hand, "I did."

Rimuru looked at Tanya with shock, "Hey! Why didn't you vote for me?!"

Tanya turned her head and stared at Rimuru, "You don't want me to answer that."

Mariposa wrote on the blackboard Ainz as class president and Rimuru as vice president. "Who will take the position of the second vice president?"

Otto once more stands up to speak but sits back down as Tanya looks back at him with a death stare.

"I will take the position." Albedo stood up. "It's only natural that I stand by Ainz's side and help however I can."

When no one protested her announcement Mariposa wrote down her name and wrote the clubs and names under them as she spoke. "Rest of you will join committees. If you are unsatisfied with the one you are in, please stand up and give a reason why."

The animal care committee had Aura and Gabiru. The discipline committee had Demiurge, Hakurou, Tanya, and Buku. The library committee had Mare and Arta. The gym committees had Weiss, Benimaru, Otto, Cocytus, and Pero. The nurse station was assigned to Shalltear and Shuna. The announcer's booth would be handled by Ulbert and Ramiris, much to the confusion of Tanya as Ramiris wasn't even present.

Finally, there was the kitchen staff with three names under it Ankoro, Milim, and Shion.

Buku clutched her face and groaned the moment she saw her friend's name in the worst possible position. "Please remember that the amount of sugar you put in food is lethal for most."

"I-it's not that bad. I will be careful." Ankoro stuttered in response.

"I OBJECT!" Rimuru, Benimaru, and Shuna all stand up in unison, slamming their hands against their desks.

Shion immediately seemed to leak out an aura of silenced anger at the sudden response from everyone, "Why do you object..?" She placed her hand on the handle of her Hercule's Edge sword, seemingly ready to enact an act of violence.

"I-uh… It's a… Just that… I think you would… do better in a different station, maybe?" Rimuru tried to salvage the situation, hoping to let her down easily without inducing the Kijin's rage.

Shion simply made a wide smile and pumped her chest, "You needn't worry, Great Rimuru! I make a wonderful chef! I'll cook you all the best meals until you can't eat anymore!"

All life was completely drained from Rimuru's face as he seemed to anticipate his upcoming demise.

Silently, Tanya sent a message to Ulbert, { Would you be interested in a joint bioweapons program centered around Shion's cooking? }

{ With Ankoro involved we don't need to do anything. Just let them go wild in the kitchen and then give whatever they have concocted to a test subject. Ankoro almost sent Ainz's apostle into a sugar coma and that was with decent resistances. The girl could not look at a cupcake without shuddering for a week. } Ulbert replied with a cackle.

Demiurge, picking up on his father's plotting, broke into a smirk and waited for details.

{ Don't ask how, but Shion makes literal blobs of biohazards instead of food when she cooks. I've wondered if actively asking her to make actual poison will result in good food or the worst chemical concoction ever known to man }

{ I wonder if we could make a gas out of it. Feeding biohazardous food to someone is rather tricky unless they make it presentable. }

{ It would be relatively easy to attract unwitting test subjects by advertising free samples. Obviously, everyone who knows Lady Ankroro's tastes and does not possess a body of a supreme being would not dare to taste it. Additionally, the ethalite poison could be tested to see how the local populace reacts to it. I have a few bottles in my inventory left. } Demiurge joined in the conversation.

{ We are not giving away the good stuff until we are sure it can be produced here. I want to drink it myself or trade-in for favors. } Ulbert rejected his son's idea.

"Let's not discourage anyone from taking upon their assigned tasks." Mariposa interrupted the banter and nudged Tabula to take charge.

The brain eater looked at the blackboard and announced. "If no one is unhappy with their assignments you can go to club rooms and spend the rest of the school day there."

{X} {X} {X} {X} {X}

For the disciplinary committee, the first order of business was to establish who would take the lead as it came down to a choice between Buku and Tanya. Any sort of voting was out of the question as Demiurge wanted Buku to be the leader while Hakurou was adamant about Tanya taking charge.

Ultimately Buku gave in and decided it would be easier to be second in command than try to play silly power games among four people who likely were bound to get along rather well.

The room they were assigned had a courtroom vibe to it with a judge's bench, a defendant standing area and two rows of chairs for any observers of the proceedings.

The first look around the room gave them their first assignment that was left on the table. Buku grabbed it and when she read an unfamiliar name handed it over to Tanya.

Tanya sighed as she looked at the paper, "That moron again… One of Rimuru's subordinates." She handed the paper to Hakurou, expecting him to be the expert on the person in question, "Here you go, I assume you know where to find him."

Hakurou nodded and laughed, "Hohoho, yes I do. I'll bring him right here."

It didn't take Hakurou too long to return with a round-headed Goblin with an oversized nose. The goblin's name was Gobta and while he was a competent enough fighter in terms of skill, his maturity could use a whole lot of work. The amount of times he had been disciplined by Hakurou was already too many to count, so this was just another one to the tally.

"So, mind explaining what you did?" Buku asked with a smile that was far removed from being friendly.

"Nothing." Gobta gulped and looked away from Hakurou.

"Is that so? Not only do you have attendance problems but attitude problems as well. Tanya, I think you'll know best what to do with this one. If not, Demiurge should have an iron maiden in his inventory to train this student's discipline."

"Remember when you mentioned needing test subjects for various substances? I believe Gobta will work nicely enough. He should have poison resistance, after all, so he could take at least a good amount." Tanya leaned against her hand as she looked down at the terrified Gobta without much real care.

"Ah yes. Lady Ankoro will be thrilled to have someone eat the food she prepares. But I would still recommend some harsh disciplinary action on top of it. A week in a needle collar perhaps."

Demiurge enthusiastically pulled out a collection of small needles that could be inserted in pretty much any fabric to serve their purpose.

"It seems a bit excessive to me, but if it works, who cares." Tanya looked through some more papers as she read them out, "We have here a paper about Rimuru…"

"What did he do?" Buku asked curiously.

Tanya looked down at the paper and simply stared at it for a few seconds before letting out a long sigh. "I don't want to read this." The paper mostly made note of his recent purchases, which while not forbidden were technically forbidden within the school. Of course he never brought them out in school, but as they were in his stomach they counted technically. There were also a few accounts of piracy.

"Oh my, I recognize those titles." Buku did her best to not break into a wide grin but failed miserably. Knowing that Rimuru had purchased games she had voiced was the ammunition she looked for. "I can administer some punishment personally."

Tanya's gaze slowly turned to Buku but she only made a sigh in response, "I'd say to not go overboard but you're not going to listen to me, are you?"

"Don't worry I will be gentle enough. He does have pain nullification." Buku's grin twisted into something that should not be found on a human or elven face.

Demiurge raised an eyebrow at Buku's reaction but chose not to comment. If a supreme being planned to indulge in preferential treatment of someone, it would be unsightly of him to do anything to prevent it.

"Try not to test the limits of what 'nullification' means." Tanya muttered as she dismissed the file, allowing Demiurge to finish up with Gobta's fairly extreme punishment.

{X} {X} {X} {X} {X}

"We seem to have quite the variety of animals here…" Gabiru muttered, scratching his chin as he looked into the pen that they had been all given. Most of the 'animals' were towering beasts which could each individually probably destroy a small country if they really wanted to.

"They are my pets. Except those four over there." Aura pointed at a massive wolf with a unicorn horn, two dragons, and a girl with cat ears. The girl was rattling the door of the cage in a rage, screaming to be let out.

Why a humanoid was put with the animals was beyond her, but Aura had given up questioning the rules of this world and went with the flow.

"That would be uh…. Eiga…" Gabiru muttered as he folded his arms.

Eiga meanwhile banged against the door and bars with metal gauntlets that now appeared on her hands, shouting "Gabiru if you don't let me out of here I will gouge out your eyes and use them as fucking target practice!"

Gabiru looked back towards Aura and awkwardly muttered "Yeah… I think it's best if we keep her in there."

"Oi, be a good pet and do not cause trouble." Aura shook a finger at her.

By the looks of it, Eiga took it as an invitation to break out and with a scream tried to bend the bars of the cage with no success.

"Hey, you stop that or there will be no treats," Aura shouted.

"Why would you think I'd be swayed with simple treats!" Eiga shouted, reaching her hand through the bars to claw at the other side, though she was too far to reasonably hit anything.

Aura pulled out a sealed-off bag from her inventory and dropped it on the ground. With precise movements, she untied a knot and pulled out a massive bone. After dangling it in front of Eiga for a moment she turned her attention to the horned wolf. She stepped closer to Ranga's cage and put the treat through the bars. "You are a good boy and good boys deserve treats."

Ranga walked up and picked the bone out of Aura's hand, returning to where he sat as he began to gnaw on it, looking over unimpressed by Eiga's temper tantrum.

Eiga stared at Ranga eating the treat, now looking over with pleading eyes through the cage, suddenly pleading for a treat contrary to her prior statements.

"I can't say no to those eyes. Here give a bone to her as well." Aura tossed one of them to Gabiru as she handed one to Doug. Gabiru quickly put together that Aura was giving the pets the remains of some humanoid creature.

'W-what is this?' He caught the bone with shaky hands and gulped hard.

"Hey don't make the girl wait, look at those eyes." Aura interrupted his grim contemplations with an impatient shout.

Gabiru inched closer to the cage as Eiga's knife-tipped tail wagged quickly behind her. As Gabiru finally got closer, Eiga's tail launched at the bone, stabbing it and pulling it towards her as Gabiru jumped and fell over.

Ignoring her companion's antics Aura moved on and fed the rest of the bones to her own pets. While Aura was methodically giving treats to the pets a big-nosed goblin wandered in and looked around. Paying no attention to his surroundings he walked close to a cage with a massive dinosaur-like creature.

Aura almost bumped into the goblin, engrossed in her activity, and pulled the last piece of what once was a lionman; a skull. She dangled it in front of the creature saying, "Who is a good boy? Iris, are you a good boy?"

The dinosaur jumped up and down with an ear-shattering roar.

"Of course, you are a good boy. Here you go." Aura chirped at her pet and tossed the skull right in his massive jaws. Iris caught the skull with a swing of his tail and accidentally hit the goblin who was standing too close to the cage.

The goblin's small frame was sent flying and hit the wall behind them. He slid down the wall in a comical manner leaving a trail of blood on the wall and hit the ground with a thud.

"Whoops." Aura scratched her head and then shrugged. "Oh well, more food for pets."

Gabiru sighed, pulling out a small blue blob that he hurled at the goblin as he jolted awake again. The goblin quickly jolted up before screaming in agony as his hands went to his neck, "Just when I had gotten used to the spikes!"

"You there. Don't wander too close to cages if you do not want to become their food." Aura scolded the goblin while looming over him, holding her hips.

"R-Right sir!" Gobta shouted quickly before booking it out of there as quickly as he could.

Gabiuru stared at him as he left, placing a hand on his face, "I've heard he's a handful, and that's coming from me."

"I am a girl, you dolt." Aura smacked Gobta's head. "Now out of here!"

As the goblin scampered away, she muttered while shaking her head. "Some people are too stupid to walk around like this."

{X} {X} {X} {X} {X}

Shion watched with bewilderment as Milim fed the werewolf woman cookies and petted her between her big ears.

'Are those two in some sort of weird relationship?' If that was the case it made her wonder if such a relationship was even legal considering Milim's physical and mental development.

Ultimately it wasn't her business so her mind quickly returned to one of her favorite activities: cooking.

"Hey, what are we making today?" Shion asked, interrupting the strange feeding ritual.

"I want something sweet!" Milim announced.

"W-we could make cupcakes," Ankoro suggested in a soft barely audible tone.

"Yes!" Milim shouted over the werewolf, shaking in excitement. "You lead the way and give us tasks," Milim ordered Ankoro without leaving any way out for her.

"O-ok." Ankroro nodded. She and Milim sort of become friends. Or maybe Milim thought Ankoro was her pet. It crossed her mind that the young girl could see things that way, but with Buku busy chasing the slime boy, she had no one to ask for a piece of advice on how to deal with the situation.

"W-we need to make a batter and frosting. Milim can you compress sugar for me?" Ankoro showed a simple spell to do the trick that made the sweets about twenty times sweeter than normally possible.

Milim looked at the spell and nodded, "I see… So I do this… and this… and this…" Milim moved her hands around as she began to get the hang of the spell, "...and now add some stardust energy and… bam!" The sugar glowed a bright pink for a few moments as she showed off the sugar to Ankoro, revealing that the sugar was now over fifty times sweeter than possible.

"Wow, you made it even more potent than I could." Ankoro's eyes lit up in excitement. She grabbed the piece from the girl's hands and popped it in her mouth.

Having an expression of a junkie who just got her hit, Ankoro nodded with her pupils dilating, "Yup, this is perfect. Can you make about a kilo of this stuff?"

Milim nodded and quickly got to work, large flashes of pink coming from the corner she worked at, filling the room as well as the hallway outside.

"You, where Shion, right? Can you make frosting?" Ankoro addressed the kijin woman next. Taking charge was not easy but since Buku had worked hard to encourage her any chance she got Ankoro decided to at least give it a try if her new friends didn't protest of course.

Shion held her hand up in a thumbs up as she put on her apron and quickly began mixing together ingredients. One look at the ingredients she was using would cause someone to suspect she was making some sort of three-course meal, and very poorly at that.

Ankoro herself started to make a large batch of batter. As the three women worked on their masterpiece an aura of dread, it created an aura of similar properties, dwarfing one Ainz could produce which started to seep out of the kitchen area.

{ Anorkoro is cooking. We need to get the fuck out of the building. } Buku sent a message to other players, including Tanya for good measure just in case.

{ We need a sample of that as a potential biochemical weapon. } Ulbert joined in.

{ If you want to die, that is up to you. My gut tells me we are in immense danger and I am not finding out what the hell those three are making! } Buku screeched back.

{ Shion was assigned to the kitchen as well, wasn't she? Well no matter, so long as we don't eat whatever they made, we should be fine. Place the hallway under quarantine, and block it off entirely. I pity any poor soul which happens to be trapped inside, but it's a necessary sacrifice. }

{ Pero, Ulbert take the west side and block it off with dimensional lock, Buku and I will take the east side. Tanya, make sure they do not open a window and release whatever atrocity is getting made in the kitchen. } Ainz issued orders.

The trio worked none the wiser of the countermeasures against their cooking taking place. The faint echoes of tormented souls screaming in pain could be heard but none paid any attention to it.

As Ankoro took out the cupcakes from the oven the windows deformed under the aura of the unholy objects, now resembling grotesque glass paintings depicting torment beyond mortal understanding.

Shion was not able to wait for them to cool and applied the greenish-purple icing that blasphemed and bubbled over the cupcakes.

"Smells so good. These are going to be fantastic." She decided to not address how strange the icing looked but as long as it tasted nice happy little accidents could be permitted.

The trio each grabbed a cupcake and devoured it with happy expressions as spacetime itself protested against their unspeakable actions, threatening to unleash creatures forgotten in time.

"So sweet." Milim gushed.

"And there is a nice tangy taste to the icing giving just the right contrast." Ankoro agreed.

Shion meanwhile was beaming with pride that her efforts for once were being appreciated, though in effect the sheer amount of sugar had effectively dwarfed the horrid taste that her icing had produced, though the cancerous effects it could create upon any normal human body remained.

{ What the hell is that dark energy seeping through the shields? We need to get Tabula to deal with whatever they have created. } Pero screamed in panic as he desperately tried to hold off the torrent of horror assaulting him and Ulbert who looked just as shaken.

{ Leave the building. They are calling in an outer god. Leave now! } Was the only response they got from Tabula who clearly had teleported away and left them to their grim fate.

{ That piece of shit! Fuck, we need to leave. The hell with the school. That traveler or whoever the fuck is running this place can deal with it. } Buku growled in response.

{ Yes. We need to leave. I issued a retreat order to all of mine. Tanya, I suggest you do the same. We must hold on a little bit longer until others are out of harm's way. } Ainz as always was the calm and collected leader they needed.

{ Everyone, initiate Kriegsplan Schwarz! Get the fuck out of here! } Tanya commanded everyone in her group. Without hesitation everyone from Tempest made swift movements to get as far out of school as swiftly as individually possible.

Obviously, they could not eat all the cupcakes by themselves so the trio each grabbed a plate and walked out of the kitchen running into a Gobta who had smelled the food and wandered close to the kitchen.

Gobta, unfortunately, had not been briefed on what 'Kriegsplan Schwarz' entailed, nor was he informed it had even been activated. Curious he sniffed the air before quickly receiving a rush of a familiarly horrid smell.

Covering his oversized nose he slowly began to inch away before suddenly bumping into a barrier that had at some point appeared behind him. He turned against the barrier, banging against it to try and break it with no success.

"TANYAAA! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE! TANYA!" Gobta froze as he heard a door open behind him, now beginning to bang rapidly and aggressively against the door, "TANYAAAA! HELP ME!"

Gobta suddenly felt two pairs of hands grab at his shoulders as Milim and Shion began to drag him into the kitchen, smiles widened and deformed like demons stalking their prey.

Gobta silently shed a tear, accepting his demise.

{X} {X} {X} {X} {X}

Bliss. That was the work how Mare would describe his current circumstance. He was one of two people assigned to the library committee but Arta was nowhere to be found not that he wished for her presence in the first place.

With a shield cast around the library and a big cup of hot chocolate in his hand, he sat down on the puff and grabbed a book. His poison of choice today wsa horror or more specifically one of the books from the Goosebump series.

To be honest they weren't particularly scary but then again it might have something to do with the people around him. Disappointing a Supreme being was scarier than anything else he could imagine.

As he read on the subtle feeling of dread started to fill up his heart.

'Huh, the book must be scarier than I anticipated.' He mussed, not benign aware of horrors benign unleashed in the school.

3