Chapter 5. Part 2
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Stop right there.”

A heavy, cold voice cut through the chilly night air.

Madarame spun around with an angry face as he fumbled to pull up his pants.

However, his actions were halted by a sight that drained the blood from his face.

There, standing before him, was a lean, blue-haired individual who emanated an aura of power. 

A chill ran down Madarame's spine as he took in the sight, his bravado shattered by the sheer presence of the strongest.

“The… the she-male!” He stammered, his voice trembling with fear. 

His legs gave way beneath him, and he collapsed onto the floor. His face contorted by pure dread.

Besides him, on the cold stone floor, a sobbing woman erupted into a big crying fit at the arrival of her savior.

“You have to believe me.” Madarame pleaded, his words a rapid, desperate cascade. “The wretch... she promised, promised to be loyal to me forever. She vowed to marry me upon my triumphant return!”

His face contorted into pure rage, pointing an accusatory finger at the huddled woman.

“But when I returned, triumphant and scarred from the war, a war where I shed blood to protect her, what did I find?” 

His voice got a higher pitch. “The wretch had already married the baker. The baker!”

Julian, the blue haired androgynous Elysian, remained impassive.

His gaze, once piercing, had now turned cold and unfeeling, a reflection of his own inner turmoil.

“And so you raped her?” His cold voice cut through his faked bravado.

Madarame's face turned even redder while flecks of spittle flew from his lips.

“So what?” He retorted, his voice raised to a shout. 

“She betrayed our loyalty! She cast aside the vows we made! She dared to profane our sacred bond! and for that, she deserves... she deserves to have her unloyal, dirty body punished every day!”

Julian didn’t need to hear anymore of his nonsense.

Witha flick of his hand, a sharp noiseless wind cut through the right triangular lobule of Madarame's ear.

Blood spurted forth like a fountain from the rapist’s ear.

“Wahhh!”

A wail, akin to that of a pig, erupted from his mouth.

Beside him, the victim's eyes widened in fear, her fragile form drawing further into herself as she bore witness to the punishment unfolding before her.

“For the holy flame! What are you doing?” Madarame's voice quivered, the tears mingling with the fear in his eyes.

Julian scoffed, flicking his blue hair.

“You're a member of that group of fanatics, aren't you?” He asked, his tone devoid of sympathy or concern. “I'm merely applying their preferred punishment to you. Not that I care about their beliefs.”

With that said, he pointed his index finger at Madarame.

For a brief moment, an orange light gathered at the tip of his outstretched finger. Only for the light to disappear.

“Huh!” Madarame's eyes widened as a sudden, searing sensation engulfed him. 

An inexplicable, agonizing pain erupted from the left side of his neck. The world around him spun as shock and confusion clouded his thoughts. 

“You are…”

Whatever he was about to say was drowned out by blood erupting from his mouth, and pain clouding his mind.

Julian just stared coldly as the man collapsed to the ground with a sickening crunch.

“What a gory display.” A soft, artificial voice shattered the lingering silence. “You should be more careful.”

Julian's gaze shifted, settling upon the woman who had emerged from the shadows. 

A flicker of wariness danced in his eyes.

Before him stood a blue-skinned woman adorned with red hair that seemed to burn like embers in the moonlight while her red eyes held a gentle touch.

In the woman's left hand, a soft green light radiated, casting its soothing glow over the victim's prone form.

“An Astralith?” He asked. 

His eyes remained fixed on her, scrutinizing her with a perceptiveness that spoke of years of training and experience. 

“Aren't you girls supposed to spend all your time pleasing the king?”

The woman scoffed, looking at him with disdain.

“The name is Novel 19” She declared her name boldly. “And the king, as you so casually put it, is our child. I’m greatly offended if you guys think like that about our pure relationship.”

Julian sighed, his hand rising to massage his forehead.

“It’s just some chitchat.” He replied, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

However, that was momentary and his face took a serious look once again.

“So, you came here to stop me from killing this guy?”

Julian kicked the scumbag on the floor that was hardly breathing to prove his point.

“No, that’s not my intention.” She replied.

Her hand, meanwhile, stopped her treatment. 

The victim, now leaning against her leg, had drifted into sleep under the tender care.

“A case of rape is a rare among the Elysians.” She continued, her tone holding a mixture of gravity and concern. “And that's precisely why I hurried down here as soon as I saw it in the crime detection room.”

“Oh!” Julian raised his brows amusedly. “How so?”

His gaze seemed to convey the unspoken question that hung between them, how would she handle this crime?

And she didn’t disappoint him with her next words.

“Among the laws crafted by our king and ourselves” She explained with a matter-of-fact tone. “The punishment for a rape case as clear as this one is “castration”.”

Julian looked down at the scumbag on the floor again, barely hanging by a thread.

“So, you're going to capture him for processing.” Julian's words were measured, his gaze holding a certain intensity. 

“No, I’m just going to say I administered justice, but the criminal died from blood loss.” Novel said, her words chilling.

As she uttered those words, the criminal on the floor gasped his final breath with a guttural sound.

Then, his body tensed and contorted in the grip of death.

“I see where you are going.”

A flash of understanding passed through Julian’s eyes.

With purpose, his right hand began to emit an orange glow.

A quick, controlled burst of flames erupted from his hand, engulfing the lifeless body of the criminal. 

The flames spread with a voracity, transforming the corpse into a pyre.

“Then you can say a bar owner burned down the corpse of the criminal by accident.”

Novel laughed, her hands gently caressing the hair of the victim.

“You’re quite quick witted.”

Julian's gaze remained fixed on the blazing pyre, his features illuminated by the fiery glow. 

Seemingly satisfied, Novel pulled up the victim, cradling her gently within her arms.

With great care, she turned around to leave. However, halfway her gaze shifted to Julian, a small smirk curving her lips.

“I'll bring our king to your bar later.” She playfully declared. “We need people like you among our ranks.”

Julian smiled.

“I’ll wait for you then.”

He looked at the unconscious girl, and her tear-stained face.

“What will become of her?” He asked.

His eyes, usually sharp and focused, now carried a gentleness as he regarded the unconscious girl before them.

Novel glanced down at the girl, gently caressing her hair.

“We have Boys specialized in mental care.” She responded. “She will receive the care she needs in one of our facilities. With their expertise and the support of her loved ones should help.”

Julian just looked at the sky, knowing that such a trauma was not easy to overcome.

Although different in nature, he had seen his share of them during the war.

“I see.”

His acknowledgement was brief.

Finally, Novel leaped over a nearby stone wall, leaving behind some words.

“See you later, strongest Elysian.”

Julian remained rooted to the spot, his gaze shifting from the retreating figure to the night sky above. 

The wind stirred, ruffling his long blue hair as the lights from Novel's departing ship became a streak across the darkness.

Julian:

Julian

1