Epilogue
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1

Aria could see Alex’s back as she approached his ship outside her church.

For some reason, the sight of it gave her a bad sense, like a storm brewing on the horizon.

It only got worse as Alex turned to face her, his brown eyes serious.

Her heart sank as she caught the weight of his gaze, and she couldn't ignore the apprehension that gripped her.

“Alex, what's going on?” Aria asked, her voice quivering slightly.

The erratic beat of her heart got only worse with each second. “Is something bothering you?”

He sighed, his hair ruffling in the  morning breeze. “Aria, we need to talk about this.”

Alex pulled his wrist communicator from his pocket, its screen filled with thousands of messages with her name.

Aria's eyes widened, her thoughts racing. 

She'd received his message, the one that had asked her to come here to discuss something serious. 

She had just thought they would talk about the last attack of the fanatics to Alex.

She never expected him to talk about this issue.

"That?" Aria questioned, a note of desperation in her voice. "I can stop sending them if you want me to?"

Alex took a step closer, his voice soft and comforting despite the look on his face. 

“No, Aria, that’s not enough for us. Lately, your behavior has been... erratic. Sending thousands of messages, becoming obsessive. It's just the last of our problems."

Aria's eyes brimmed with confusion and hurt. 

She tried to process his words, the reality of her actions sinking in. Her fingers toyed with a strand of her long, multi-colored hair as she grappled to understand where this was leading to.

“Alex.” Aria began, her voice trembling, "You see… In the past I was almost abused by a priest, and that has left deep scars in me.”

As she spoke, her hand grabbed into his armor, one he usually only wore in public and not when they were together. 

“I'm sorry if my actions have been overwhelming. I love you, and I can surely change, for you, for our love."

Alex's heart ached as he looked into Aria's trembling eyes. 

Her trauma was, of course, concerning, but breaking up with her was a decision he had made with a heavy heart.

So, he reached out and gently took her hands in his. “Aria, I want us to have a healthy relationship.”

He paused, trying to remember the long lines he had memorized. 

“We both need some time to sort things out and find balance. It doesn't mean I'm leaving you, but we need to rediscover ourselves before continuing with our relationship.”

Tears welled up in Aria's eyes, and she nodded, her fingers tightening around his. 

It was a painful decision, but she understood that sometimes, love required space to flourish.

‘Beside, I can endure a week without him.’ Or so were Aria’s thoughts on the matter.

That’s why she could endure the pain in her heart as Alex boarded his ship once again, leaving her behind.

Without knowing that Alex was not going to come back for her.

Part 2

Aria left behind the place where she had just parted ways with Alex with a heavy heart.

Her mind filled with the thoughts of the things they were going to do once they were together once again.

“Let’s go.” Yet, her expression remained serious as she called out to her followers.

From the shadows, her two loyal guards, a burly man with a shock of fiery red hair known as Kalon, and an elderly, wise-like figure named Tuin, emerged at her command.

Both of them wore pleased expressions as they fell in step behind her.

“We just got word that someone of great importance has graced us with his presence.” 

Tuin revealed as they approached the grand entrance of the church.

Aria’s eyebrow went up in wonder. “A guest? I wasn’t expecting one.”

Kalon added with a sly grin. “I’m sure you will be pleased.”

Aria just shot both of them a narrowed stare as they advanced. 

“I hope so. I’m not in the mood for more drama today.”

Their words were weird, but Aria decided to ignore them for the moment.

Instead, she strode to the door of her office and flung it open, ready to meet whoever dared to disturb her moment of sadness.

Only to have her body freeze up as she entered the room.

There, in front of her was what could only be described as mummy. A woman covered from head to toes in bandages and wearing a red robe sitting on her couch.

The only distinguishing feature was her uncovered left eye and her blue eyebrow, belonging to Kaztia.

Yet, it wasn't the woman's miraculous survival that caused her dread.

It was the figure standing behind her that truly caused her breath to stop. Her chest hurt as she realized who stood in her office.

She had made a solemn promise to keep her virginity for him. 

A vow she had broken.

Her hands trembled and her back broke into a cold sweat like never before at that revelation.

“Welcome, my unloyal Saint.”  

The voice of the God pierced the air like a blade, causing a sharp pain in Aria's ears. She winced, her breath caught in her throat. 

“It’s time to receive your punishment.”

With this, we finish this arc.
I'm planning to take a short break from this story to finish my other story Lost Path

1