Chapter 1 – Intro Characters
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Intro Characters 1

We see a boy putting a camera to record a Vlog, he is in the music room and then he starts playing the piano, he then gets up and takes the camera and introduces himself: 

-Hi, I'm Luan, I will be turning 15 in a few days, me and my mom Ana decided to return to Rivercity about 1 year ago, because I received an invitation to come and study at ST High School is a renowned school and belongs to the Becker Academy Group, they also have a University and University Hospital, both very prestigious and managed by Grandpa Han Becker, I'll start by telling you a secret that will be revealed yet, so many people in this school do not know that I am one of Grandpa Han's grandchildren, Many things have happened during this 1 year, and especially these last weeks, they have been full of events, I am still dealing with the situation, I have a mission now, so I hope you can accompany me on it, this city seems normal with normal people, but not everything is what it seems, so Be very welcome! 

  

He opens the door and walks out of the music room and starts introducing the school. 

- Today is a Monday, and we will start the vlog by introducing the school, it is a very large school. He walks through the hallway, enters the classroom there is his cousin Derick. 

Then Derick stops reading and frowns in disapproval. 

-What are you doing, Luan? 

-Ah, I'm recording a vlog! 

- Aff, what's that for? Go record somewhere else, I'm reading! 

-Ok, ok. See you soon! 

  

*Intro: Derick he's a bit short tempered, he's going to be 16 soon too, so we study in different rooms. When I returned to Rivercity, it was a little difficult to socialize with him, he didn't really seem to like me very much, and didn't want me to become his companion in the Awakening Test, there was some resistance on his part, but we managed to understand each other, after a deep conversation, I explained my reasons for why I wanted to participate in the Awakening Test, and he explained his so we managed to understand each other, he is a little grouchy for his age, but deep down he is a good boy! 

  

Luan is now filming the main corridor of the school. There is a central area that is open and very breezy, so this is perfect for the warmer days. Luan is distracted filming when he bumps into two other students Mary and Kenji. 

  

**Mary is the President of the Student Guild, she was elected by the slate, since he did not want to take the position of President, and with much insistence on the part of Mary, Luan ended up as Vice President and Kenji as Secretary, as he is a very efficient and responsible person. 

  

Luan gives a smile and hides the camera covertly, exchanges a few words with Mary and Kenji, but Mary notices and asks: 

-Are you recording a Vlog Luan?! Again Luan, I told you not to keep recording around, soon there will be several students filming, it will become a mess! 

Luan retorts: 

-Oh, relax Mary, it's just a short video, Wow but you look so beautiful today! 

Mary also retorts: 

- Don't try to flatter me no, I already said that ,grrr, I won't repeat it anymore! 

Kenji then laughs, fixes his glasses and speaks: 

-Good Luan, don't forget we have a Student Guild meeting after lunch, and remember tomorrow we have rehearsal with our band, I'll send a message in the group so that Derick and Theo don't forget too, and on Friday we will have a performance. 

  

(Yes they have a band, 4 in total, Luan on Keyboard-Vocals, Derick Guitar-Vocals and band leader, Kenji on Bass and Theo on Drums, it's an alternative rock band). 

  

Then Mary stares at Luan and really thinks, where was she going with calling him to be Vice President, if he doesn't even listen to what she says. 

  

Luan looks at Mary and says: 

Oh, what's that on your forehead Mary? 

  

-What's that? 

-Ohh, it's a wrinkle! Haha 

-Luan, Oh, I feel like choking you sometimes! 

  

The other students who are arriving and passing through the corridor, don't even care much because they know that Luan is a spontaneous person and is always joking, so they are already used to it, Kenji then pulls Mary to go and tidy up the meeting room, before she really chokes Luan in fact. Luan is then heading towards the school's entrance hall to check if the students are in full uniform, he also crosses with Principal Han Becker, his grandfather they exchange a few more words, but as there are many students Luan refrains from talking to his grandfather at school, so later they will meet at the Training that is done at Grandpa Han's house, every other day, so that there is no wear and tear and this somehow hinders the school performance of both Luan and Derick. Luan then prepares to close the door of the school entrance hall if there are 1 minutes left to beat the signal, two more students appear, Tommy and San, they point to the clock with 1 minute left, and imply that they can still enter, when Tommy then grumbles: 

  

-Hm, there is still 1 minute left, we can still enter, without the stressed Luan, getting on all our nerves! 

Luan ignores him and pretends he's not even seeing him, he really doesn't want to stress with someone today.Tommy doesn't like being ignored and already starts to want to get in trouble: -Are you ignoring me? You... 

Luan then speaks: 

-You have 30 seconds to get in before I shut the door in your face. 

  

Tommy then gets even more angry, but is interrupted by the Coordinator who passes by at that moment, San pokes Tommy, as a sign that it is to be quiet and enter soon. The Coordinator is a very serious person, so usually people understand what her look means, she points to the clock and signals to Luan that it is time to close the door, Luan then pushes Tommy and San to enter and close the door.Tommy enters grumbling, but disguises it with the presence of the Coordinator, she then asks Luan to wait, possible late students and then go up to his classroom. 

  

***Intro: Tommy is a student who tends to always be annoying and harassing students, so many end up being afraid of him, and has a rivalry with Luan, because when Luan started attending the school, he started confronting him after a few months of serious discussions with Luan, the last conversation they had seemed to have improved, but Tommy seems to be doing something wrong, and San is his best friend, he has a snobbish way, but he is the quietest, he is the tallest among them so he ends up passing an image of more imposing, his father is Chief of Police, so this makes him always get away with bullying reports. 

  

Luan then goes out the door of the Entrance Hall closes it and sits on the side wall, waiting for any more students to arrive late, he begins to film the entrance of the School, to finish his video, then he yawns from sleep, he seems very tired lately, he finishes his video and goes to the classroom next. All in class, the hours pass without any kind of problem until lunch, Luan will get the snacks, a juice for him and Derick before going to the meeting, they always have lunch together and almost always go to houses together, after all they are neighbors in the condominium where they live so because it is the same way, they also end up going together on the way to and from school almost every day. Luan arrives with the snacks he bought and says: 

  

Derick, since I can't always buy snacks, tomorrow you buy them ok? 

Derick looks seriously at Luan and says: 

-...I always buy everything, it's been a long time since you bought anything! 

Luan puts his hand in his pocket and says: 

-Oh, I know but I have little money, your allowance is much higher! 

-Why don't you bring me two snacks then? Since you decided to pay today? 

---Nham...nham...I only have a few coins left, so I can only buy one piece of gum! 

  

  

Note to author: Derick knows how hard Luan's mom works to make ends meet, and she doesn't make much money being a writer, Grandpa Han gave them a house to live in once they returned to RiverCity). 

  

Derick then eats his snack and then says goodbye: 

-I'm off to training, see if you can concentrate or else don't even show up for me to train today! 

Luan nods and says: 

-Oh, how nervous...Oops I have a meeting in a little while at the Gremio, then I go to training! 

  

Luan finishes his quick snack, goes to brush his teeth and goes up to the meeting, everything goes well Luan finds it strange that no student has reported aggression, bullying lately, this was very recurrent a few months ago He leaves the Meeting and goes straight to Training at Grandpa Han's house. 

He arrives at Grandpa Han's house, and Grandma is taking care of the house plants, he hugs Grandma, goes in the training room, it is an old room with several walls as if one were a partition, it looks like a maze. Grandpa Han is next to Derick who is training with his bow and arrow. 

  

Grandpa Han sees him and says: 

Luan go warm up, your endurance training is 1 hour today, then do the hurdle jump! 

Luan confirms with his head, he does his warm-up, his face changes when he is concentrated, he finishes his run, then does tests of muscular endurance of flexion and extension of elbow and of sitting and standing, and finally arrives at the part of the jump in obstacles, but for some reason he seems dispersed at the moment, as if he were thinking about something, the test consists of jumping huge stones the test is to go up down running, the challenge is to break the time record, which by the way is from Derick. So Luan is trying to jump a higher wall, he jumps with determination, but arrives in the middle of it and falls. 

- Ouch...what a bummer! 

  

Grandpa Han and Derick watch from afar, he jumps and falls over the obstacles, it really is a real chaos, but what frustration, then Derick thinks: 

(...he would definitely die if the test was today...) 

  

Luan then gets up, gets ready again, but Derick jumps over the obstacles with absurd ease, and speaks: 

-What's so hard about doing that Luan? 

Luan looks surprised and in awe. 

-Wow, you're so good Derick ...wow....like you.....wow... 

Derick rolls his eyes and speaks: 

-..., get out of here, go home, and on Wednesday it will be 2 hours for you to reward what you did not do today! 

-At least it would have to be 5 hours right?! 

Luan looks incredulous: 

-"Oh, you want to kill me, huh? I'm leaving, bye! 

They retort together: 

-No you would kill yourself child...tsc tsc 

Derick wants to choke Luan, but struggles not to choke him. 

-We're a team but I can't always help you, especially if you're distracted, you'll die easily like that, and I'm not going to go after you, you can forget it, I'll leave you there to manage on your own! So improve your focus and concentration, and I'm done talking to you for today! 

Then Grandpa Han calms him down: 

"Calm down Derick, the wake-up test is coming and he's anxious, there are too many things going on in his head at the same time, it will all work out soon. 

  

***Intro: Grandpa Han, is the director of ST High School and founder of the Becker Academy Group, he is the conjurer of Time Magician for over 70 years, magic allows him to live longer and another factor also helps him in this regard, he is a very powerful magician, but no longer works for OSD the Organization that controls all Rivercity, but Grandpa Han, is well respected for such. 

  

Arriving home, he sees the cat waiting at the window, it is Mr. Fluffy waiting at the window. Luan opens the door and Mr. Fluffy comes running and meowing.... 

-...meow...meow.... 

Then Luan takes him on his lap and strokes him. 

-Ow...you're waiting for me to eat, right? Hm... you don't like to eat alone, do you? I know, I know I don't like it either, well let's see what we're going to eat today... 

  

He sees a note on the table. 

"Honey, mommy will be late again today for a book exhibition and I need to be there, so eat before me today." 

-...Oh...okay...I hope it's a good exhibition, let's see what I want to eat today.... 

Llamen, because I'm not inspired to cook today. 

Luan looks at the clock on the living room wall and it is already 4:50 pm. 

He goes to put the water to boil in the pot, but just then the doorbell rings, and it's a delivery for Luan, so he quickly goes downstairs, picks up a small package. Luan signs for it and the delivery man makes a checklist on the delivery app. 

Luan goes up the stairs and back to the kitchen. 

-What will it be? 

He opens the sealed box, he looks at the sender it's from Grandpa Han. 

-Oh...a box with a bow and a letter.... 

"Dear Luan. 

I am so happy that you have returned, and that our family is together again, even with the distance, my love and care will always be there. I know it is a new challenge for you, but we are very proud that you can represent our family." 

Then he opens the box, it's a watch, but not just any watch. Luan takes out his notebook, opens it to the page that has a clock and it says Time Conjurer Clock. 

-Hm, it has a different design, this one in the notebook looks older, and this one is much more modern. I guess the Day of Awakening Test is finally near. Then he takes it out of the box and puts it on his arm. 

-"Oh, it's very nice, let me see how it works. 

He takes a good look at the watch on his wrist, runs his finger across the screen and it lights up and the hands of the watch appear. 

-Oh, it's on-....ok seems quite normal even... the watch reads 17:00. 

- According to Grandpa, the clock chooses its owner, and passed from generation to generation, but only one person can control it and a long time can pass without this artifact choosing it, the goal is to Control Time and use it to control and conjure a population of fugitive creatures, which are very common in this city, but not everyone can see them, only being descendants of these creatures. 

-You paid enough attention, right Fluffy?... he looks at the plant on the coffee table near the couch and remembers to water it, then he makes the llamem, he eats and remembers that he needs to finish a summary of the book, which was not long to go. 

-I forgot, I thought I had finished the summary.... 

And an hour passes, and the clock goes up and the timer starts. 

-Piii...pii...piii...17:01 

-Hey, how did I set the timer? I don't remember turning it on, where do I turn it off? 

-Oh, you have to swipe your finger again. 

He looks at Mr. Fluffy totally still, looking like a sphinx... 

-Fluffy...hey...buddy what's up? Why are you staring at me? 

He gets very close to the cat's face, and smiles... 

-Hey..... 

The cat blinks and paws Luan in the face. 

-Ouch Fluffy, what a fright... 

He looks at the flower vase on the table, with some petals fallen. 

-But what happened here? I just watered it... my mom bought it yesterday, what am I going to tell her? 

Then he looks at his watch. 

-Has time stopped? It can't be, wait I remembered something... 

He picks up his notebook again and remembers making a remark about something. 

  

"If time is paused for a period longer than 1 hour, everything that is a living being, if it is touched before pausing time there will be a consequence and it will change its present, as soon as time resumes running at its normal time." he says. 

He looks at Mr. Fluffy startled, and hides his hands. 

-Oups, how careless of me! 

At the same time, Grandpa waits for Derick to pack his things and go home, but he notices something different in question, his pocket watch lights up and slowly goes out... 

He receives a message telling him: 

-Your delivery was successful. 

Then Grandma Han looks at his watch, he smiles and speaks: 

-Finally... we just need to make a few adjustments now. 

I hope you enjoy reading because I know it's a little long, this project is totally made of challenges, but it feels great to be writing and drawing it, for more information on the characters and publications, follow on instagram @dreartsbr  

Don't miss the next chapter, which will be published once a week. :))

2