Chapter 21- Awakening the Beast + B.Day-Part 1
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cover Art- Chapter 21

 

....

Derick finally arrives at the Shed by car, and confirms Luan's location, he goes to the trunk and takes his arrows they work both for demons, paralyzing them and for humans electrocuting them, He goes quickly to the entrance of the Shed when he sees two boys coming out of another exit of the Shed, and notices their demonic presence and they seem to be very familiar, but he needs to go to Luan, he enters and finds some guys on the road and immobilizes them, he looks at the 1st floor, finds some more guys coming out punching and kicking, he decides not to use the arrows, because he feels the presence of more people on the 2nd floor. 
 
Luan continues to fight the guys from the gang and there are several of them, then he hears the gang leader say: 
 
'We need to finish him off today, we've been paid not to let him take over your DSO post, that's what we've been hired for!" 
 
"I told you to tie his arms apart, so he can use magic! Incompetents!" 
 
Luan stares at him, and decides to go straight for him, he's quite fast when he's possessed, his strength triples, he easily grabs the leader by the neck and starts dragging him by the blouse near a large window of the Shed, the others are down and some try to go after Luan, But they stop, when Luan gets close to the window that no longer has any glass in it, he threatens to throw the leader out of it, he grabs him by the neck again and is about to throw him out, he then looks down, and sees two boys in hoodies, Tommy and Mark. 
 
"Are they running away...?" 
 
Tommy and Mark hear the leader shouting: 
 
"Please let me go, I can explain it was just a joke!!!" 
 
The leader notices that he is staring at the two boys running away, so he says: 
"They... they are the leaders, I just obey their order!" 
 
"And I know I was told that you can only break the bones of demons, not humans..." 
 
Luan looks at him again, and yes, that information is correct, but he won't admit it, he smiles and says: 

"Coward, they're just children..." 
 
"Let's test if I can't break them, I'll throw you from up here then..." 

The leader is still desperate, he's really about to throw himself, in his desperation another guy takes out a knife from his waistband and runs towards Luan, who is at his waist and tries to stab Luan. 
 
Luan looks at the boys again, when Tommy turns back and ends up making eye contact with the demon. 
 
"Hm, I've seen that face before... now I can hunt it down" hehe 
 
Tommy remains desperate as Mark pulls him towards the side exit of the Shed. 
 
When Derick uses his bow and arrow on him, he ends up electrocuting him and he drops the knife which slips and goes near the leader, the leader tries to get the knife, Derick ends up calling Luan but realizes that he is possessed again: 
 
"Luan? Damn... this isn't Luan..." 
 
Derick realizes that there are many faces coming at him, but he decides to use his whistle and disperse the bone-breaking demon first. 
 
Phewww 
 
The bone-crunching demon looks back, realizes it's Derick again in his way, and before he loses consciousness, he drops the leader to the ground again, holds up his hand and smiles, and just breaks the Leader's hand and there's one: 
 
Crackk 
 
"That's for doubting that you couldn't break a bone..." 
 
The leader screams in pain, as Luan puts his hand on his head and then loses consciousness, and a police siren sounds, the guys who are still standing run out, trying to escape Derick threatens to use his bow and arrow, but Luan regains consciousness and uses his magic to paralyze them. 
 
The police arrive, and start taking the guys to the cars, they check that Luan and Derick are okay and ask them to make a statement at the police station, and tell them what really happened. They sit on the bench waiting for those responsible to arrive, Luan looks a little bruised, but it's all superficial and there are only the marks of the beatings and the chains on his wrists and legs, so he refuses to go to hospital, even though Derick insists. 
 
"Luan, we need to see if you're okay." 
 
"I don't want to go, I'm fine." 
 
Then he looks at his watch, and it's already 12:30 a.m. He looks at Derick again and says: 
 
"It's after 12:30 then...Happy Birthday Derick, I hope you enjoyed the surprise." 
 
Derick looks at Luan, he really doesn't like celebrating birthdays, and adds. 
 
"Surprise? Hunf, don't give me any more surprises, I've had enough for today!" 
 
Luan pulls something out of his shirt pocket that he was going to give to Derick, luckily it's not damaged, it's a handmade bracelet, Luan made it himself and it contains an incantation, he then hands it to Derick. 
 
"What's that? I don't wear these things Luan...." 
 
Luan then grabs Derick's hand and ties the bracelet around his wrist. 
 
"Shhh, this is just in case I need to look you up one day." 

Derick looks at Luan without understanding, he looks from one side of the bracelet to the other and stares at it for a while, when he looks away to say something Luan is almost dozing off, Derick warns him. 
 
"No, you can't wake up... I'm not going to carry you again!" 
 
Luan replies with his eyes almost closed: 
 
"I couldn't use magic today, I'm just tired..." 
 
And then he falls asleep. 
 
... 

 

Part 2 Available on December 4th, we'll then have an Adult Epilogue, throwback to the time when your parents became hunters, don't miss it!  

0