Chapter 23-1st Working Day- DSO- Part 2
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 2 

 

When they enter, the whole scene changes, the entrance hall seems to be super modern (the famous don't judge the book by its cover), DSO Luan and Derick get their badges, and as soon as they enter they are introduced to the other people on their work team, they have a General Coordinator who will coordinate their missions, thus alerting them to probable invasions, The first thing they do is send out the scouts to check the location and level of the invading demon, so that the hunters can be alerted and prepare to hunt them down and conjure them, but it doesn't all seem to be that easy, there are countless demons that have all sorts of tricks and powers, and there's a high chance that they'll be tricked.  

   

They finally go to the room where the two of them will be staying at the company, Luan ends up taking a photo of the badges, and there is no need for them to come to the DSO every day, just at the beginning to check and analyze the files and when they need to do interrogations and invocations, and get the information they need, There is an online system for classifying all types of demons, but some information is missing, something that Luan prefers to check the manual files in the folders, which are in the large Dead Archive Room, the two take several files and begin to put them in boxes, in order to analyze them, Luan speaks to Derick in a low voice:   

  

"Let's keep it down, I still don't know how much we'll be watched here.  

  

"Well, apparently we're taking files home today, we need the information, of course it's all in the system, it would be easier to go through the system, but it seems that not everything is described in it, at least not in the detail we need, I still need the oldest files, and they don't seem to be in this Dead Archive Room, we need to find out where they are."  

  

 

Derick agrees and adds quietly as well:  

  

"Yes, I agree, the manual files have more details, and in fact my Father said that the DSO has another type of Dead Archive, but as it's been many years they've probably moved, it could be with the old artifacts too."    

They return to their room, and the Coordinator soon appears in the room, knocks on the door he is passing to warn them: 

 

"Hello, Beckers, I need to give you two messages.  

  

"First, I'm stopping by to let you know that this weekend we're going to the Gate of Hell, so prepare some items and equipment that you need to take with you, and try to wear these clothes, it's good that they cover the whole body, so it's more difficult to be recognized, there will be a cult and the intention is to go unnoticed in it, I'll give you more detailed information soon, we're going by boat so it will take a while, but it's necessary to know the way to the Gate."  

  

  

"Second message, don't forget the Descendants' Ball, your invitations have already been sent out and are about to arrive for all the guests, remember you need to practice the main dance, the preparation classes have also been scheduled, it will be a masked ball so it's mandatory that you wear masks, you can choose your dance partners, except for Luan Becker, his partner has already been chosen."  

  

 

Luan and Derick nod, having understood the information given to them, Luan thinks for a moment:  

  

(Opening a portal would be easier, but I understand we have to know the way, in case we need it one day, we need masks, in fact 2 types now, this Ball, but wait, why am I the only one who can't choose a date? Not that I had anyone to choose from....but I don't understand that).

  

Luan is making a visibly uncomfortable face, Derick smiles and says:  

  

"Hm, I know who I'm going to ask."  

  

  

Luan looks surprised, and hoping he'll tell him who that person would be, he rests his arm on the table and rests his face in his hand and says:  

  

"Wow, that's fast, and who would that be Derick?"  

 

Derick looks down and replies:  

  

"None of your business."  

  

  

Luan looks frustrated that he can't immediately figure out who it is, so he adds quietly:  

  

"Okay, at least you'll know who your date is going to be, I have no idea who my date is, that's not fair!"  

  

"Oh, on Portal day we need masks too, that way we can be safer, we'll be around a lot of masked demons, it's better to hide our faces, when we're hunting we'll use the cap on the blouse, I've already adapted a blouse that's comfortable, it's not ideal for them to see the "thing" we have to avoid its exposure as much as possible, the DSO knows about it because the "thing" also possessed my Father years ago, but a lot of things have changed around here, it doesn't seem like the President has total control over everything, there must be more people involved. ...but I can't say much from inside here, only from outside, I'll explain later. "  

  

  

Derick agrees with Luan, he finds this whole mystery about the Ball strange too, and remembers that at Grandpa Han's house there are so many artifacts and masks of all kinds, so he gives him the idea:  

  

"Let's go to Grandpa Han's house, we'll probably find that mask you want."  

  

They box up the files and end up with two very full boxes. They tell him that they are taking the boxes with the files home so that they can read them more carefully. Derick calls Grandpa Han to tell him that they are going to his house and that they need to find some masks.  

  

.... 

Merry Christmas to all, I'll post chapter 24 part 1 on December 29 and part 1 in January.

 

 

1