The Royal Academy
416 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Calculating rewards depending on your job]

[The class ‘Blood Healer’ has been given out as a reward]

[The skill ‘Wound Closure’ has been created]

[The skill ‘ Wound Expansion’ has been created]

[The skill ‘Heal - For the Hurt’ has been created]

[You can now access the ‘Status Window’]

Aster looked at all the notifications before him with a tinge of excitement.

He could feel specific changes inside him that he couldn’t feel earlier.

For starters, till now, his body felt very typical, and the abysmally low divine power that the previous Aster had was so tiny that he couldn’t even feel it.

Now he could feel a warmth inside his stomach, a comfortable heat that felt divine.

“Status,”

Aster muttered, and a translucent screen appeared before him.

[Name: Aster Von Aquas

Job: Priest (Low)

Class: Blood Healer ( 1 Star )

Level: 7

—————

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 2

Agility: 1

Intelligence: 3

Vitality: 2

Faith: 9

Divine Power: 10

Unused Stat Points: 0]

[Skills]

[Inventory]

[Points Shop]

After Aster absorbed the information from the status screen, he stood up, dusting off his robes, ready to confront his new reality. 

He felt the undeniable warmth of divine power within him, but still, a few questions lingered in his mind, the chief among them being 'What in the world is a Blood Healer?'

He let out a sigh of exasperation. Having been an ardent gamer in his past life, Aster was well-versed in all manner of RPG classes, but a Blood Healer? That was something completely new, at least to his knowledge. 

Perhaps it was exclusive to this strange world, a world that seemed like a bizarre mishmash of every anime he had ever seen, and then some. But for now, he could only guess. As they say, when in doubt, turn to books.

With that thought, he headed towards the church's library, hoping to shed some light on the peculiarities of Eldoria. The library was nestled in the eastern wing of the cathedral, a quiet corner untouched by the usual hustle and bustle.

As he navigated through the shadowy corridors, he bumped into a familiar figure. It was Arch-priest Jason, a middle-aged man with a perpetually worried expression.

"Oh, Aster," Arch-priest Jason exclaimed, looking surprised. His eyes widened even more when he noticed the lack of fear and the newfound confidence in Aster's demeanor. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd brush up on some lore, Arch-priest Jason," Aster replied, grinning mischievously. "After all, you can never know too much, right?"

Common sense dictated that he should pay his respects to the Arch-priest before he could even have permission to talk, but Aster straight out ignored it all and acted as blatantly as he could on purpose.

After all, from Aster’s memories, Jason wasn’t a man who had ever treated Aster any differently than the rest of the trash here. He didn’t deserve any respect.

Jason’s eyes blinked, clearly taken aback by Aster's unusual cheeriness. He shifted uncomfortably under Aster's gaze. Something about the young man's smile was mildly unsettling, and Jason decided it was best not to ask further questions.

"I see," he replied, trying to mask his unease. "Well, don't stay up too late." With a hurried nod, Jason swiftly left Aster, eager to put some distance between them.

Chuckling softly to himself, Aster continued his journey towards the library. Arch-priest Aster's unease had been quite entertaining. The sudden shift in the power dynamics felt good, he had to admit. 

As Aster watched the retreating figure of Arch-priest Jason, his lips curled up into a satisfied smirk. He wasn't cruel, but he found a certain sense of vindication in the discomfort of those who had turned their backs on the previous Aster. 

Besides, their reactions were downright amusing. So it was worth it.

Continuing his journey, Aster finally arrived at the library - a cavernous room filled with towering shelves, and countless scrolls and books. 

The scent of aged parchment and ink hung heavy in the air, making it feel all the more mystic. With a hint of excitement thrumming in his veins, he began his search.

Hours passed by as he dove into the wealth of knowledge available, gaining insight into the world of Eldoria. It was a world of magic and swords, where mages wielded hellfire and knights could split mountains and rivers asunder. 

It was grand, spectacular and incredibly intimidating. It made him realize the reality of his situation. Compared to the powerful beings of this world, he was nothing more than a speck of dust.

Amidst the lofty tales of heroic feats, he also came across a rather peculiar piece of information - the Royal Academy of Veridia. 

It was an esteemed institution, a place where every noble child, whether legitimate or illegitimate, was expected to learn the ways of this world and hone their skills. It was compulsory, yet Aster had never considered attending it.

Discovering this piece of information made him remember some of the memories of the previous Aster, immediately making him run towards the lodging quarters of the church.

“Thank god it’s still here,” Aster sighed in relief.

After digging a bit in previous Aster’s limited belongings, he found an unopened letter, carefully hidden in a secret compartment. It was an invitation from the Royal Academy of Veridia. 

The previous Aster, with his low self-esteem and fear of failure, had never even considered opening it, let alone accepting it. But the current Aster was different. He saw it as an opportunity, a stepping stone towards understanding this world, and learning to survive.

It wouldn’t be possible to do that if he kept living under the rock that was this church.

Moreover, attending the academy would provide him a much-needed respite from the church's politics and the prying eyes of people like Deacon Wang. The anonymity and the diverse crowd of the academy appealed to him. 

It could be a platform to understand the range of the familiar yet unfamiliar worlds that have possibly merged into one world called Eldoria. After all, where better to find anime characters than amongst the vibrant young crowd of the academy?

He was fully aware that his decision to attend the academy could bring forth its own set of challenges. He might have to confront the prejudices and negative expectations tied to the name 'Aster Von Aquas'. But he wasn't the old Aster anymore.

He knew how to accept the invitation, so tore open the seal of the unopened letter.

Aster pricked his finger and let a droplet of blood fall onto the parchment, making the letter glow briefly before settling down. The glow signified the acceptance of his enrollment, and with that, Aster Von Aquas was now officially a student of the Royal Academy. A clichéd ritual, but effective nonetheless.

This would notify the academy of Aster’s acceptance and his name would be added to the list of people who the academy train had to pick up. 

Fortunately, he accepted invitation right before the day the train was supposed to leave. If someone accepted the later, then they had to come to the academy on their own, be it via their family’s support or on foot. This rule applied to everyone without any exception.

+++

THE NEXT DAY

Sunlight filtered through the narrow slits of the window as Aster woke up the next morning. A new day had dawned, and with it, the beginning of his journey towards the Royal Academy of Veridia. 

Aster then informed the Pope about his decision. The news was met with a mixture of surprise, annoyance and curiosity, but there was nothing anyone could do against it. The reputation of the Academy, coupled with the rights it bestowed on its students, made sure of that. His life at the church was finally over.

Aster went on his way to Lurensia train station. The journey was straightforward, a mere half-hour walk from the church. As he navigated through the cobblestone paths, the magical elements of Eldoria once again caught his attention.

Lurensia station was a marvel of architecture, an elegant blend of magic and technology. Towering columns of marble etched with runic symbols stood sentinel, while ethereal lights danced around, illuminating the station. The hustle and bustle of the crowd, the chattering of people, and the symphony of sounds filled Aster with an odd sense of wonder and excitement. It served as a stark reminder that he was indeed in a different world.

As he stood there, lost in his thoughts, the grand train made its arrival. A behemoth of metal and magic, it was unlike anything he had ever seen. The enchantments on the train made it seem as though it was floating above the tracks, giving it a surreal aura.

With a quickened heartbeat, Aster boarded the train after showing his invitation letter to the coachmen. His eyes widened at the opulence within. Plush seats, elegant drapes, and an overall grandeur that would make even the most lavish of palaces seem modest. It was breathtaking.

As he walked towards his designated seat, his gaze fell on a woman on the front row. A radiant figure, her crimson hair cascading down like a river of rubies, her emerald eyes sparkling with intelligence and mischief. She sat there, elegant and composed, the embodiment of grace and beauty. The sight of her struck Aster, evoking a sense of awe and admiration within him. The sight was eerily familiar yet completely new, sending his mind into a frenzy.

Just as he was about to look away, their eyes met. In that fleeting moment, a sense of recognition sparked within him. He stood there, transfixed, as a name slipped from the edge of his memories and onto his tongue, "Rias Gremory?"

As the name echoed in his mind, his heartbeat quickened. The world around him faded into oblivion, leaving only the vision of Rias Gremory in his mind. It was surreal, like a dream, yet here she was, right before his eyes. 

The lady in question had her ears perked as soon as she heard the words leave the mouth of a man, immediately looking deep into his eyes as if to pry open all his thoughts.

Another day, another chapter. Hope you are enjoying this story young patutu! And if you are, a heart to the chapter, some encouraging comments and reviews will be much appreciated :)

4