Ch. 37 – A great success
316 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Doflamingo muttered his words, the gate of the Amusement Park has finally opened and the crowd, earlier surged in while the staffs started doing their work.

Meanwhile, Doflamingo went to the the Zoo area and there, he saw the animals that Garfield befriended, including Garfield himself.

Unlike the other animals, Garfield has his own space where he could live, and it is spacious enough that a thousand lions could fit in and there'll be some space left.

Of course, Doflamingo knew that some animals doesn't liked being caged on and be an entertaiment for humans, so he specifically chose those who are willing to be in the Zoo under the condition that they will be laid by Doflamingo by feeding them and taking care of their needs.

Doflamingo agreed to this condition and now, unlike the other Zoos where they force the animals to entertain the humans, Doflamingo reached a tacit understanding with his animals and there's no oppression or enslaving occuring on his Zoo.

Doflamingo has also made a unique feature where the Zoo will be similar to those convenience stores. Meaning, there will be animals assigned for the day shift and the night shift.

And this will be Doflamingo's job, he will conjured portal at midnight where the exchange of 'workers' will take place.

"So far, everything is good." Matilda was inside the security room as she observed the computers in front of her that shows what was happening around the entire Amusement Park through the eye of the cameras. She has decided to take over the role of a surveillant as not only she is a very capable hacker, but she could also report what is happening to Doflamingo through the portal or the telepathic link.

Yes, telepathic link, this is one of the techniques that Matilda learned and decided to master. It allows her to form a link to someone and if that person accepts her, she will be able to communicate with the said person through telepathy and the advantage of this is that no matter how far the linked person is, she would still be able to communicate.

"How about the staffs? Are they doing good?" Beside her, Doflamingo was also staring at the computers as he asked.

"They're doing a great job. The one thay stands out the most is this guy." Matilda said as she pointed at a certain screen.

Doflamingo followed the direction of her finger and watched a screen where a middle aged man maintaining all the equipments and making sure that they're all fixed and safe.

Although the Amusement Park has just opened, Doflamingo was suspicious that the Hydra might have secretly inserted a faulty equipment that will surely destroy their reputation, so he got cautious and told Matilda to hire someone to check the equipments everyday and make sure that they aren't faulty.

Surprisingly, Matilda seemed to have hired someone very familiar to Doflamingo.

"Benjamin Franklin Parker. Before getting this job, he used to be a military officer, then became a singer for a few years, got married to a woman named May Reilly and finally settled as a maintainance worker. Has a brother, Richard Parker, who worked as a scientist in a pharmaceutical company." Matilda stated his background information as Doflamingo's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't expect Matilda to recruit a wise man to his Amusement Park.

"Keep an eye on this man. And if he did something good, do praise him for me and if he did something bad, don't scold him that much." Doflamingo said before preparing to leave.

"What? That came out of the blue, what do you mean by what you said? Do you know this man?" Matilda immediately got confused as she asked him while staring at Benjamin on the screen.

"No, I don't know him. Just make sure you do what I told you." Doflamingo said for the last time before stepping out of the room and closed the door.

'You may not know this, Matilda. But that man inspired thousands, probably even millions of people back in my world.' Doflamingo said to himself as he decided to go and visit Garfield in the Zoo, to see how he's doing.

***

*Lick*

*Lick*

*Lick*

"Awwwww." Seeing the Lion in front of them licking his paws very cutely, the viewers can't help but be be adored by Garfield's display of cuteness.

"Heh, this job is so easy."

Garfield said to himself as he stopped licking his paws and stood up before walking to a nearby pond, right in front of the bulletproof glass and drank some water.

"That is so cute!"

"I know right! The lions in the other Zoo's always sleeps unlike this one." A woman said as she continued being at awe on Garfield.

"Hey, there's a sign here. It says that his name is Garfield." A kid pointed at the sign right next to the glass and read his name outloud.

"Roarrr!" Hearing his name, Garfield took this as a sign to roar. According to Doflamingo, if he heard his name being called, he should respond by either a roar or a smile.

"Hey there, Garfield!" Another kid got jealous and called out to his name.

Garfield faces the kid and showed a very bright smile that attracted the awe of the audience.

"Awwww! That's so cute!"

However, a teen decided to call out his name and mock him.

"Hey, Garfield. Where's you wife? The other Zoo Lions has wives, how about you?" The teen yelled before laughing in delight, as if insulting a lion, known as the King of the Jungle makes him more stronger than him.

The smile on Garfield's face froze as he thought to himself.

'Looks like this job is harder than I thought.' With that in mind, Garfield's smile vanishes from his face and was replaced with a cold glare at the teenager.

Meanwhile, the teen, sensing that something was wrong, his laugh disappeared as sweat rolled on his forehead.

Garfield then marches slowly towards the teen and despite having the bulletproof glass seperating them, the teen still backed away as Garfield finally got close to the bulletproof glass.

With a one last glare, Garfield mustered everything deep inside him and roared very loud.

"ROAAAARR!!!"

The entire field halted as even the grasses and leaves were blasted away by the force of his sheer voice.

At the same time, an unknown force seemed to have spread out but the only target was the teen, who was full of sweat now and was on the ground looking down at the floor, not even bothering to lift his head.

However, instead of being scared by his ultimate cry, the audience clapped their hands and cheered for Garfield.

"That's so loud! I think it's more stronger than the roar of the other lions." An animal expert who decided to take a tour on the newly opened Amusement Park can't help but exclaim which was heard by the other viewers who looked like they've witnessed a history.

"He's right! An average roar of a lion is 114 decibels and Garfield just showed us a road that is equivalent to 200 decibels. I know this because I worked at the Stark Industries." An old looking man holding an instrument that is used to measure decibels followed as he showed everyone his instrument that displays 200 decibels.

"Woah!"

Meanwhile, Doflamingo who was hiding among the crowd, can't help but be shock and mutter to himself.

"Where the hell do these guys come from?"

Although Doflamingo was curious on where they came from and how did something so cliche just happened, he put them aside and focused on what Garfield just did!

'I'm sure as hell that what he just did is a Conqueror's Haki! But how? I thought only someone belong to the One Piece world is capable of using Haki?' Doflamingo said to himself as he wanted to know the secret of this. But first, he must handle this situation so it won't happen again.

He finally stood up, and because of his incredible height, he surpassed everyone and when he saw that he catches their attention, he cleared his throat and said outloud.

"Just so you know, Garfield here understand English, so insulting a staff of ours is against our rules, so... Security! Would you mind to take this man from my Park, he's disturbing the work of our staff." Doflamingo coldly looked at the teen in front of him who was already peeing himself in fear. Unfortunately for him, a kid notices this and pointed out.

"He peed himself! Hahahaha!" Hearing what he said, everyone's eyes fell on the teen's crotch and seeing the wet spot on them, they followed suit and laughed alongside the kid.

They laughed at him as the teen was dragged by the security guards with his head keeped down.

He just mocked an animal. Why did everyone suddenly went against him?

"Aren't you a bit harsh? This might ruin our reputation." Matilda said to him through the telepathic link that she established.

"Don't worry, he won't." Doflamingo confidently said. He has already learned that people tend to forget things and issues like this.

"Sigh, you're the boss. Anyways, we have a special guest this time. You might want to meet him." Matilda sighed and then said.

"Who?" Doflamingo raised his eyebrow as he asked.

"It's Howard Stark along with his wife and son, Tony Stark." As Matilda uttered the name 'Tony Stark' there seemed to be a mix of malice and disgust.

"I assume that you have something against Tony Stark?" Doflamingo asked.

"Yeah, I sure do. I mean, that man sleeps with different woman almost every day and it's always on the news! What's more frustrating is that his parents aren't even doing anything to stop him from his debauched ways." Matilda complained and grumbled as Doflamingo nodded in understanding.

Before Tony Stark became the Iron Man that countless people idolizes, he used to be an arrogant man full of himself and always insults so many people as if they're below him.

"Let's put that aside for the moment. How about we meet this special guests of ours." Doflamingo said as Matilda grumbled and disconnected the telepathic link.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

10