Ch. 44 – Scientist Acquired!
319 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a private plane, a man was typing on his laptop while his wife in front of him held his hand as a sign of comfort.

"Everything going to be fine." He comforted his wife as Mary Parker nodded her head with tears on her eyes.

Mary then stood and went to the bathroom, leaving Richard on his own.

He still felt guilty leaving his 6 year old son to his brother and he didn't even say goodbye to Peter. He just dropped him there and left without turning back.

Richard hoped that Peter would someday understand all of this, which is why before planning his escape, he already made preparations so that when Peter would someday become curious about his parents, he hoped that he would find his secret compartment where he finished his research on spiders.

While the husband and wife were comforting each other, the co-pilot, who is supposed to be driving the plane right now suddenly went outside the cockpit and washed his hands while distracting Richard by making a few small talks.

"Can I speak to he pilot?" Richard got suspicious, so he wanted to confirm something.

However, he didn't expect the man to suddenly brought out a handgun out of the drawers and pointed it at him.

The man then took out a key and locked the bathroom, locking Mary inside the bathroom.

What the man didn't notice was that when he was locking the door, Richard already started the transfer process on his laptop.

*Thud* x2

"Richard?" His wife, Mary called out to him as she started knocking open the door.

"Now, we do this the easy way or the hard way. You know Richard, your potential is good and I think you deserve to be in a place where you truly wanted to be." The man said as Richard confusingly looked at him.

"What?" He asked, trying to buy time for the transfer to be completed.

However, the man seemed to have seen through this, so he stepped closer to him and shut the laptop close.

"Hydra." The man whispered as Richard's face lose colours.

"That's impossible. Steve Rogers defeated them." Richard tried to refute him.

Just when the man was about to respond, the door of the bathroom was blasted open by Mary, and when she noticed the situation, she immediately assessed it and tried to intercept the gun from the man's hands.

However, the man reacted quickly and slapped the woman on her face with a gun and pointed at her.

"No!"

Richard immediately stood up and charged at the man like a rhino.

As the both of the fought, the man unconsciously pulled the trigger and the bullet hit Mary on her chest.

"Mary!" With blood on his face, Richard yelled the name of his wife in worry as he mustered his strength and punched the lights out of the man.

"Mary!" Richard immediately approached his wife and helped her sit on the chair and tried to apply medical operation on her.

"Roosevelt." However, Mary insisted on continuing the transfer as she already knew that Richard must've somehow started the transferring.

Richard has a look of reluctance but finally gave in and opened the laptop back and resumed the transferring.

"Hey hey, stay with me." Richard went back to his wife and tried to comfort her, however, before he could do so, the man earlier launched at him and punched him on the face.

The two of them resumed their fighting as the entire plane suddenly started spiralling downwards, causing the entire plane to be in a turmoil.

And just when the situation was about to turn into a dire situation, the entire plane suddenly halts in the air and no this isn't stopping time but something invisible seems to be holding the plane.

Just when the man and Richard was confused about the happenings, an orange spark appeared beside them and forms a hole where a familiar blonde man with pink fluffy coat when out.

"I hope I'm not late." Doflamingo said during his entrance as he looked around and the first one he saw is a bleeding woman on a chair.

"Looks like I'm a bit late." Doflamingo muttered to himself as he placed his hand on the wound on her chest and used a magic spell.

The wound closed up and the bleeding stopped, though this isn't a complete solution as the insides are damaged and the bullet is still inside, so it only delays the woman's timely death and she must be brought to a hospital sooner.

"Who're you?" The man's grip on Richard loosened as he stared at the supernatural phenomenon happening in front of him.

"....Batman." After a bit if hesitation, Doflamingo deepened his voice and mentioned a familiar name.

"Batma-?" Before the man could finish his sentence, Doflamingo opens a portal and grabbed the man before yeeting him outside.

And for your information, the portal leads to a nearby volcano.

'I hope it won't cause the volcano to erupt.' Doflamingo said to himself as he turned to look at Richard who was looking at him in fear.

"Fear not, Richard. I'm here to save you and your wife." Doflamingo assured him as Richard sighed in relief. He trusted what Doflamingo just said, after all, if he wanted to kill him, he could have done it already.

"I suggest we take your wife to a doctor, I'm not sure whether my spell would completely heal her or not." Doflamingo said as Richard realized this and begged Doflamingo.

"Please! Save my wife, I'll do anything."

"Be careful on making an oath, Richard. You never know whether I'll take advantage of your oath to do something bad." Doflamingo said to him before continuing.

"Anyways, you don't have to ask me that, I'm just about to do it anyway." Doflamingo said as he opened another portal and carried Mary like a sack which caused Richard to react.

"Please be careful on my wife."

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." Doflamingo said as he entered the portal followed by Richard who was both curious and shock at what he is seeing.

"This is like quantum tunneling. How did you do it? Is it perhaps a cutting edge technology that nobody knows of and who are you?" As they enter a portal, Richard went full 'scientist' mode and barraged Doflamingo with questions that has been bugging his mind since earlier.

"I'll answer them slowly later. Let's focus on your wife first. We're here, anyway." Doflamingo stopped him and said as they arrived on a room that looks like a normal hospital room.

Meanwhile, the portal closed and the plane which was behind held still suddenly resumed and started falling once again before crashing into the sea.

***

Wearing a doctor outfit, Matilda gestured Doflamingo to lay the body on the bed.

Richard walked closer to her and watch as she stripped her wife of her upper shirt and started looking at the closed wound.

"Uhh, are you a doctor?" Richard asked.

"No." Matilda answered without hesitation as Richard started thinking on whether he should escape with his wife or not.

"Don't worry, she knows what she's doing. Just leave it to the experts." Doflamingo patted his shoulder as he led him out of the room.

Richard just hoped that nothing bad will happen and if Matilda is indeed not a doctor, Richard just assured himself that they would be using their latest technology on medic which would completely heal his wife. After all, he assumes that the portal earlier is some kind of advance technology, instead of treating it as magic.

"Here's my office. Have a seat." Doflamingo said as he went to one of his cabinets and took a wine out and a a pair of glasses.

"Let's talk business. I'm sure you already guess that I have my intentions on saving you both, right?" Doflamingo went straight to the point as Richard nodded his head. He knew that Doflamingo won't just go and save him without hesitation, so he already knew that Doflamingo must've want something from him.

"You want my research, I'm sorry but I can't gi-." Richard thought that it is about his research once again but Doflamingo cuts him off.

"No, I don't give a care about your spider research. The reason why you're here now is because I have an offer for you." Doflamingo sat on his seat behind the desk and leaned forward.

Richard gulped his saliva as he asked back.

"What is it?"

"I want you to work for me.". Doflamingo said as Richard frowned a bit.

He's not exactly a fan of working to someone. There's a reason why he worked as a scientist for Shield, and that is to get a large amount of funding for his research. Although working for someone like Doflamingo who seems so mysterious, especially that secret technology of his that no one, even Shield doesn't know about, but there's still this feeling inside him that if he refused, something bad will happen to him. Though he hoped that it's just a feeling.

"What's in it for me?" Richard tried to stay neutral first. He wanted to assess Doflamingo first before making a decision. Though if the benefits that he will get is good enough, then he might consider working for him.

"Good. I'm sure this wouldn't disappoint you. First of all, you would get free living arrangements like apartment, food and water, you name it." Doflamingo raised his finger and said. Right now, he could proudly say to the world that he's worth millions right now and it won't be long before it turns to billion.

"Secondly, you would be under my protection, so be it Shield or Hydra, you won't have to worry about them anymore." Doflamingo raised another finger and said before continuing.

"Last but not the least, you would get infinite fundings from me, as long as you pass my test first, of course." Doflamingo finally said and leaned back on his chair.

"What test?" Richard was curious, the benefits he would get interests him, especially the last one which is getting infinite fundings.

You know, unlike other scientists who only do their jobs for money, he is nothing like them. He didn't became a scientist because he wanted money but because he wanted knowledge and was curious about the mystery of everything and that includes the human body.

Richard believes that humans have hidden potential inside their bodies that needed to be unlocked.

Richard felt like he needed to unlock it and show the world his discovery, not for fame or money, but to spread his knowledge.

"I just need you to replicate this." Doflamingo stood and walked to a mini-refrigerator and took out a single plastic pack that contains blue liquid before presenting it in front of Richard.

Richard fixed his glasses and stared at the pack in front of him and turned to Doflamingo.

He could tell that the substance in front of him isn't normal.

"What's this?" He asked.

"That, Mr. Richard, is something that most governments or organizations would kill each other for. A Super Soldier Serum." Doflamingo didn't hesitate to drop the bomb.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

8