Ch. 46 – A woman that fell from the sky
292 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since it was a bit hot from his office, Doflamingo decided to take a walk just to get some fresh air.

It was currently night time so the streets were devoid of life, except for a few street animals like cats and such.

"Oh right, I forgot I was supposed to gift her a pet." Doflamingo mumbled as he arrived at a Blockbuster Video shop.

"It's closed." Doflamingo muttered and was about to continue walking when suddenly, a bright falling meteor was getting close to his location.

"Am I tripping or is that meteor gonna fall here?" Doflamingo said as he raised his head and watched as the meteor fell towards the rooftop of the Blockbuster Video shop and pierced through the roof and smashed it's way inside.

*Boom!*

"Hold on, this looks familiar?" Doflamingo squinted his eyes as he saw a being standing inside the GameStop, right exactly where the 'meteor' fell off.

"She's definitely Captain Marvel, and this is the start of her plot, right?" Doflamingo muttered as he watched Captain Marvel look around the Blockbuster store.

***

[3rd PoV]

inside of an empty Blockbuster store. The lights are on and hanging at angles, the shelves are half-empty and Vers is covered in material from the roof. Vers stands up slowly and turns in a circle, taking in her surroundings. When she turns around and sees a life-size poster, she shoots an energy blast towards it, causing the head to fall off and the neck to erupt in flames

"Vers to Star Force Command. Do you read me?" Vers spoke on her wrist.

Seeing no response, Vers begins to walk through an aisle, looking at the movies on the shelf.

As she looked outside the window, she saw a very tall man, however, it's not something that shocks her, after all, she has seen beings more taller than him.

She got out of the Blockbuster store and walked towards Doflamingo.

And as she walked towards him, her chest heaved upward while her face that reeks of pride.

"May I help you?" Doflamingo was thinking of making her join his family, so he took the chance to start of a conversation.

"Actually, yes. My name is Vers. Kree Star Force. Is this C-53? Do you understand me? Is my universal translator working?" 

"Hello there, Vers. You said you're from the Kree Star Force, is it from the Kree Empire?" Doflamingo decided not to pretend to be ignorant, so he asked.

"Hmm? I didn't expect someone from a backward planet to know about the Kree Empire." Vers said as if not expecting this.

'I wish I could tell you that this 'backward' planet is your planet, not to mention, it holds two infinity stones, which could make Empires like Kree to wage war just to get one.' Doflamingo's mouth twitched as he said to himself.

Vers was very attentive to the man in front of her, so she noticed that twitching of his mouth.

"Is there something wrong?" Vers tilted her head and asked.

"Look, from the looks of your face, I would assume that you need some kind of communicator, right?" Doflamingo said.

"Yes." Although it seems weird that someone could guess her thoughts from the look of her face, but she decided to ignore it.

"I know a place, come with me." Just when Doflamingo was about to lead Vers to his office when he remembers about the security guard.

"Hold on, wait for me here." Doflamingo said as he turned around and found the security guard looking at both him and Vers in shock.

"Hey there big guy, mind keeping this scene a secret?" Doflamingo said to him as he gave him a $500 dollars.

"Y-yes. I'll keep my mouth shut." The security guard's eyes gleamed in excitement as he quickly grabbed the cash and agreed to keep his mouth shut.

Doflamingo flashed him a smile before going back to Vers, who obediently stayed at where she is.

"Let's go." Doflamingo gestured her to follow him and walked to a nearby alley.

Vers, who was following him, frowned and thought that Doflamingo was a lustful man who lusts after her, so she closed her fist and was ready to strike back at any moment.

"No need to be on guard, I just don't want this to be shown to a certain organization." Doflamingo could sense what she's currently feeling, not to mention, her killing intent towards him, so he immediately cleared things up before it could escalate into a fight.

Vers slowly loosened her fist, but her body was still on guard, making Doflamingo sigh and think to himself.

'Am I really that untrustworthy?'

After they're inside the alley Doflamingo caressed his golden bracelet and slowly waved his hand in a circular motion.

Yes, that's right. He felt uncomfortable wearing the sling ring as his two fingers are locked to each other.

So, with the help of the Ancient One, he managed to reform the sling ring into a bracelet using the transfiguration spell.

Doflamingo also added some runes to it, but that's a story in the future.

As of now, Vers was looking at him in shock, especially at the portal that he conjured.

"What technology is this? I don't think a backward planet could achieve this technology. Tell me, who really are you?" Vers stopped and squinted her eyes at him.

Doflamingo just raised his hands and shrugged.

"I'm just a simple businessman."

After saying that, Doflamingo went inside the portal, leaving the portal opened, in case Vers changed her mind and follow him.

Despite having an aura of mystery on him, Vers chose to follow him through the portal. If something bad ever happens, she's confident that with her strength, she could blast herself away.

As soon as she went in, she was met with a very nostalgic smell that she couldn't comprehend where and when she last smelled this smell.

"Where are we?" She asked the only life in the room beside her.

"In my bar room. I assume that you needed a drink." Doflamingo said as he poured two glasses of wine and gave her the other one.

"I thought you would help me find a communicator, did you lie?" Vers didn't bat an eye on the glass of wine and glared at Doflamingo.

"Hey hey, don't be in a hurry, wait here, I'll go get the communicator." Doflamingo said as he slowly walked out of the room.

However, before stepping outside the room, he stopped and turned his head behind a little bit.

"Don't try anything funny in this room, okay?" As soon as he said that, Vers's eyes suddenly widened as she felt a huge pressure dawning upon her, forcing her to kneel and use a bar stool to support herself.

'W-what was that?' Vers was still shocked as she realized that she was led by a lion to his den.

***

Outside the room, Doflamingo was walking towards the storage room while thinking to himself.

"That should teach her a lesson. I don't want being looked down upon especially being glared at." Doflamingo scoffed as he trotted his way towards the storage room.

***

Vers was breathing heavily as she tried to catch some air.

At the same time, she was looking around. She was very curious by this nostalgic smell especially the wine that she just drank after Doflamingo left.

'It's like I've been here or similar to here.' Vers thought to herself as the door opened and Doflamingo walked inside, carrying a bunch of tools and scraps.

"What's that?" Vers pointed at the computer on Doflamingo's arm.

"Oh, this? It's a computer, the components inside should be enough, I think? But I brought these scraps just in case." Doflamingo replied as he placed down the computer and scraps in front of him.

As Vers started tinkering with her bracelet while adding some scraps and components of the computer inside, Doflamingo initiated a conversation.

"So, how did you get here?" Doflamingo asked.

"I was ambushed and trapped by the Skrulls. And now, I'm tracking them and also looking for someone named Lawson." Vers didn't stop what she was doing and replied.

"I see. Well, I've never heard of someone named Lawson, however, he or she sounds like someone from earth." Doflamingo said, keeping up the pace of the conversation.

After a few awkward minutes, Vers was already sweating on her forehead and no, not because of her tinkering but because she is in the presence of someone who looked so weak on the outside but was actually hiding his strength.

"Do you need help? You know, those Skrulls might've followed you and wanted to take revenge." Doflamingo guessed. Of course, he already knew that Talos and his men followed her to earth, he just wanted to make an excuse so he could meet the Skrulls, especially he wanted to gain access to the Tesseract, such a magnificent thing is something that he can't just pass by when he could have the chance to have it.

Vers stopped and started thinking for a while. If she could get the help of this mysterious strong man, then she might finish her mission more earlier and she could go back to Kree Empire sooner.

"Sure." Making her decision, Vers finally agreed and went back to tinkering her communicator, not noticing the smirk on Doflamingo's face that disappeared as soon as it appeared.

***

It took Vers a few minutes before he got her communicator back on, with a smile, she immediately called her mentor, Yon-Rogg.

"Oh by the way. Do me a favor and don't mention me or my existence to your fellow workers, is that fine?" Doflamingo interrupted her and said while staring right at Vers's eyes.

Remembering his strength and how she felt powerless just from his stare earlier, Vers nodded and agreed.

Maybe after she's done with her mission, she could have someone to investigate the man in front of her.

Doflamingo got up and went outside as Vers started talking with Yon-Rogg.

***

"Well, I guess I should prepare myself to infiltrate a military facility." Doflamingo said as he walked towards his office when he suddenly heard Matilda's voice in his head.

"You've got some visitors and you won't like them." Matilda said, drawing confusion from Doflamingo.

"Who?"

"Agent Fury and my dad."

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

10