Ch. 53 – First generation Iron Man
279 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's some lame ass name." Doflamingo mocked him, but he still can't hide his shock as the blueprint in front of him is definitely a weaker version of Iron Man in the future though Doflamingo could understand as Howard surely have to consider some things since today's technology is a bit behind from when Tony Stark first invented his Iron man suit.

"No need to yell it in front of my face." Howard felt a bit offended from Doflamingo's insult.

"How did you even come up with this? I get it that you've got some inspiration from me and that cartoon that you were talking about, but I'm sure those aren't enough to motivate you to do this, right?" Doflamingo said, making Howard sigh.

"Yesterday, I encountered another assassination. Though, this time, I can tell that it isn't Hydra." Howard informed him, earning a frown from Doflamingo.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't know, but the three of them are all clad in black clothing, from the looks of it, they're all like ninjas." Howard shrugged his shoulder.

"The Hand." Doflamingo blurted out, making Howard look at him.

"You know about them?"

"Yeah, they also tried assassinating me, though they failed but they didn't stop since then. If what you're saying is true, then be prepared that it won't be the last time they'll try to kill you. Perhaps, they'll repeat it once every week." Doflamingo warned him making Howard smirk.

"Heh, don't worry. I have this trusty relic that you gave me. It's really effective as thanks to it, I survived the encounter yesterday." Howard confidently raised his arm as he showed Doflamingo an old looking bracelet that has some weird carvings.

"That sounds good. You should probably recharge it though. I already warned you that it needs to be charged every time you use it." Doflamingo reminded him.

The relic that Howard was talking about is a bracelet that was modified by Doflamingo through magic runes. It would basically form a dome of energy around Howard, whenever it sensed that something dangerous will happen to him.

At the same time, it would discharge a 10 million volt lightning everywhere around Howard, at the range of 100 meters in radius.

This must've caught the ninjas off guard, which probably killed them or stuns them.

"Because of that, it motivated me to make my own protection, I'm sure you have more problems to take care of than looking out for this old man." Howard laughed as he slapped Doflamingo's shoulders like an old man, which he really is.

"Anyways, good luck on your Metal Man Project, though I suggest you change the name, it really sounds lame." Doflamingo said before continuing, not giving Howard a time to grumble.

"Where's your son, Tony? I'm sure with his help, this project of yours would be finished in no time." He asked, which made Howard chuckle mysteriously.

"Oh, I head heard that he and Matilda are working off to some kind of project. Ahh, youth." Howard shook his head happily.

"Your son literally sleeps with different women every week what do you think made Matilda different?" Doflamingo dead-panned stared at him.

"That's the point. All the girls that my son slept with doesn't last for three days before he broke up with them, but Matilda? It's been 3 weeks since both of them started meeting up for this project of them." Howard cheekily smiled as if remembering his past.

"You know, I was the same as Tony when I was still a young stud like him. I was living the peak of my life with different beauties in my arms every day, that was until Maria came along and we both became acquianted." Howard picked up a cigarette before litting it and took a few whiff and blew out the smoke.

"At first I thought she was playing hard to get just to get my attention, but it took me 4 months of courting her and pursuing her before she finally said yes for a date. Can you believe that? She made a Stark, chase after her and even made me crazy for her! Hah, good ol days. Since then, I've never regretted my hard work of courting her, she's really different from other women." Howard said before taking another whiff from his cigarette.

"As much as I wanted to hear your back story, but I'm not here for that. Come with me, I have something to show you. I'll inquire Matilda later about the project they're working on." Doflamingo stopped him from ranting and said before opening a portal and walked to it, followed by a curious but excited Howard who looked at the portal in awe.

"My offer still stands though. How much for this technology? Name the price, there's nothing in this world that I can't buy." Howard spread his hand confidently and said with a smug.

"Really? You sure you can buy this 'technology'?" Doflamingo stopped in his tracks and turned around before responding to Howard's comment with a mysterious smirk, plastered on his face.

"Try me." Howard's grin is stuck on his face until Doflamingo finally revealed the 'price'.

"Alright then. 100 Trillion Dollars, deal or no deal?" As soon as Howard's ears heard his words, the smug on his face immediately disappeared as he looked at Doflamingo as if asking 'Really?'.

"Come on, we both know that this portal thing is not that expensive." Howard thought that Doflamingo was just joking, so he decided to just laugh it off.

"I'm serious." Doflamingo said with a serious face, though deep inside him, he knew that Howard can't afford to bring out 100 Trillion Dollars no matter how rich he is. And if he did have that kind amount of money, then he'd still refuse, he's just joking after all.

"...Can I atleast get a discount as a friend?" Howard froze at his reply which made him try to bargain instead.

"No. We're just business partners." Doflamingo directly refused, however Howard isn't giving up that fast.

"Discount as Business Partners?"

"No."

"A coupon? Is there a coupon?"

"No."

"....Can I atleast have the formula to it."

"That's even more expensive." Doflamingo said before continuing, not wanting to continue this useless conversation.

"Anyway, even though I can't give you the portal. I have something here that would surely worth more than a portal." Doflamingo said as he finally went inside the portal, followed by a downed Howard.

"Here we are." Doflamingo said as he arrived back at the spaceship right where he left off.

"Where are w-? Holy Shit! Is that our planet?" Howard was confused about his surroundings until his eyes fell towards the big window where it shows the entirety of planet Earth.

"Yes. This spaceship right here is a specially made Spaceship by the Kree Empire to a General. As for how I got it, long story short, I 'bargained' it from the said General. So, it's mine now. What do you think?" Doflamingo started explaining to him on how he got the spaceship so he won't have to bother answering later when Howard ask. As he finished his last sentence, Doflamingo turned around but was met with a face full of shock, obviously by how huge his gaping mouth is.

"I-I-Is this real? Or am I dreaming?" Howard slapped himself a few times before Doflamingo held his hand to stop him.

"Fuck! This is real! Doffy, how did you even get this?" Howard jumped around in excitement as he started studying the interiors of the spaceship.

"I just explained it earlier, were you listening?" Doflamingo said with an annoyed tone.

"Sorry to tell you but no. I was too shock at this revelation that I stopped minding my surroundings." Howard explained, however his eyes never left the control desk where it controls the entirety of the spaceship.

"What language is this?" Howard muttered to himself as Doflamingo rolled his eyes in irritation before explaining it again to Howard.

"I see. So, where are these aliens? I wanna meet them." Howard asked with high hopes and excitement.

"Sorry to break your bubble but they're already gone. Probably wandering around our solar system, on their way back to their homeland." Doflamingo shrugged his shoulders.

Howard's shoulders slumped in sadness before Doflamingo cheered him up.

"But we have their whole ship. The reason why I called you is exactly because of this. I know that you're a scientist and all, so I wonder if your could perhaps replicate this spaceship and maybe, make it smaller? Anyways, I'm sure you could get many things just from this spaceship, right?" 

Howard looked at him as if he was looking at a dumb person.

"What do you mean many things? Doffy, this whole spaceship could jumpstart earth in terms of technology, if we could sell the parts to the Government then we cou-." Howard started ranting about his plans until Doflamingo cuts him.

"Ahem. Howard, Hydra?" Doflamingo reminded him which made Howard slap his forehead.

"Oh, yeah right. Those fucking snakes, I still can't believe that even the World Council isn't spared by their 'infection'." Howard shook his head in disappointment. Not towards the Hydra, but towards the Government, if only they didn't implement the Operation Paperclip, then perhaps he won't be having this problem now.

"Even if there's no Hydra in the Government I still prefer if we don't spread this to anyone except us. The Government policians are all rotten to the core, the only thing that runs in their mind is their goals and interests that concerns about their wealth and reputation." Doflamingo said.

"So, you mean I could have all of this to study by my own?" Howard asked and bit his lip in excitement as he watched Doflamingo nod his head.

"But, you won't be alone. I also want Tony and Matilda in this." Doflamingo said which confuses Howard.

"I understand about Tony, but why Matilda? Sure, she's smart and gifted but me and Tony should be enough, right?" Howard asked.

"I know. But she would be quite helpful to you when it comes to labor and besides, if something bad were to happen to you in this spaceship, like going self destruct or something, she would be able to save you both in time." Doflamingo said as he started creating a huge portal that would fit the entire spaceship.

"Save us? Pfft, she's just a kid. What can she even do?" Howard seemed to be looking down upon her which made Doflamingo smirk and reply to him.

"Hm. You'll see."

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

10