Ch. 59 – An Eternal
255 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I said, my name is Phastos." Phastos, the eternal repeated, thinking that Doflamingo must've not heard what he said.

"Oh, okay. Sorry 'bout that. Anyways, my questions are still the same. What do you think about the company?" Doflamingo tried his best to hide his excitement away. I mean, who wouldn't be? The man in front of him is the reason why Humans were so advanced now. And if it wasn't for him then perhaps the humans would still be in the Medieval Era.

"If I'm gonna be honest, then I think it's dying and it needed a trigger to atleast support it from completely falling to the ground. And since this is a game company then we need to make a game that would be liked by not only the people but also our sponsors, all of our sponsors are even turning their back on us and started working for other companies." Phastos started explaining about the circumstances that the company is facing while Doflamingo was nodding his head in approvement while at the same time he was staring at the Glass Ball and seeing that it wasn't lighting up, Doflamingo has a few guesses.

'Either Eternals are immune to it or he already discovered it and used his powers or something to deactivate it. Now the question is, does he really know? Because from the looks of it he seemed so casual about this and is treating this Glass Ball like a normal Glass Ball so my assumption is that he's just immune to it since he isn't a human after all.' While Doflamingo was deep in thought, Phastos was already done talking.

"....And that's why we need to have the full cooperation of each employees in the company." Phastos said before finally stopping and waited for Doflamingo's response.

"That's quite a good insight, Mr. Phastos. Now, I have a game inside my mind that I'm sure would sweep the world." Doflamingo smiled and just when Phastos was about to ask about this game, Doflamingo already beat him to it and started explaining about the mechanics and the entirety of the game, Minecraft.

"...That's a good idea. I can already see this game becoming fantastic and loved by many people. Not only that, but there are also many things we can do to this game, so many opportunities will rise and the potential is very huge. The only problem would be our budget for this game, if this game is really what you think of, then it would require many servers to run each world that a player creates and to maintain their run to PC's." Phastos leaned back on his chair and started listing all the advantages and disadvantages of the Minecraft game.

"The budget would be handled by me as for the servers, perhaps we could ask the Stark Industries for it, Tony is a friend of mine and I'm sure he won't reject my offer." Doflamingo stated the solutions to the problems as he noticed that Phastos seemed to have gained some slightly hateful look when he heard the word, Tony.

"What happened? Not a fan of Tony Stark?" Doflamingo said as Phastos raised his head in shock, not expecting that Doflamingo could read his expression.

"...Sigh, you're right. The weapons he and his father has produced so far has only killed people and gave many opportunities for bad people to do bad." Phastos said his reason, slightly opening up to Doflamingo.

"But it also gave many opportunities for the innocents to be protected, right? Phastos, let me tell you this. There's not a single thing in this world that is perfect, everything must be balanced, like this pen." Doflamingo said some wise words to Phastos while picking up a pen on his side and let it balance in the middle of his index finger.

"Look, pretty isn't it? Perfectly balances, as all things should be." Doflamingo said while looking at Phastos's changing face.

"But we can tilt the balance. With change." Phastos said then started pushing down one side of the balanced pen, making it unbalanced.

"But too much change would cause a disaster." Doflamingo said and helped Phastos push down the side of the pen, making it fall on the ground.

"That's why we call it balance." Doflamingo said with a smile before picking up the pen and placed it by his side.

"Anyways, putting that aside. Which department are you from again?" Doflamingo said, changing the topic, he almost leaked his inner thoughts there.

"I-uhh, I'm from the Game Design Department, assigned in managing our games like updating it, removing bugs and everything related to that." Phastos seemed to be in like a trance before Doflamingo snapped him out of it and answered his question.

"I see, that's good. With your insight, you would be promoted to Chief Game Designer, I hope you would not fail my expectations." Doflamingo smiled and said, knowing that Phastos is more capable than just that.

"I-I-I'm very happy for that. Thank you." Phastos stuttered a bit before smiling awkwardly and bowed his head.

Although he is an Eternal and has helped humankind for hundreds of years, this was the first time he was treated kindly by someone ever since humans has entered the late 1800's.

Since he was black, he was also treated as such by the Americans back then as Racism towards black people during the 1900's is all-time high.

You would rarely see an American who respects all races, be it an Asian or a black person.

But it's a bit different now, most people in America has woken up and realized that they were doing wrong and started changing, sadly, there are still some who still thinks that Americans are more superior than the other races.

"You don't have to thank me. Thank your skills and yourself for the reason why I promoted you. You may go now, and don't forget to call the next person." Doflamingo told him as Phastos didn't forget to thank him one last time before going out of the room.

'Looks like my company would rise in no time.' Doflamingo smiled as he leaned back on the chair and started whistling.

***

After another few hours of interviewing, it was finally time to implement some rules and fire the people that fails their interview. However, Doflamingo doesn't have the time to do that, and he was planning on letting his current secretary do that but unfortunately, she turned out to be a spy from a rivalling company, so he also has to fire her alongside with the other workers.

Doflamingo dialed a phone number and waited for the other side of the call to answer.

"Doffy!" A haggard breathing and a painful sound of a voice met him as Doflamingo raised his eyebrow, perhaps someone just tried to hurt his family? Then that person probably wouldn't see the light of the next day.

"Natalya, what's going on?" Doflamingo stood up from the chair and prepared to portal himself to Natalya's location immediately.

"M-my son and daughter, Doffy. They're gone! After the bombings only my husband's sister and her husband died, but my children is nowhere to be found. As much as I would like to use the full capacity of my powers to find a trace of them but I'm afraid it would risk my surroundings if I did that." Natalya tried to explain through the heavy breathings that she's producing.

"Alright, let's just calm down, okay? I already had Matilda tracing their location and according to her, it was the Hydra who kidnapped them after initiating a Program where you children probably volunteered not knowing that it was a trap." Doflamingo assured her and he's not lying, after the bombings, he was tempted to go to Sokovia and save Pietro and Wanda, however he wanted them to activate their powers first before he saves them and if he remembered it right, it was the Mind Stone that triggered their powers to appear.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the Mind Stone and neither is the Hydra, so they're probably training the both of them to brainwash them into Hydra Agents, luckily they weren't brainwashed in any ways in the movie, so they should be fine.

'They should be fine, right?' Doflamingo got confused there for a second before his eyes widened in realization that this world has already became an Alternate Universe and his butterfly effect in the world is too large so there might be some things he overlooked and might go against his knowledge about the future of this world.

'I'm such an idiot, I should have realized this sooner.' Doflamingo slapped his forehead in annoyance as despite his plans going smoother, he still has mistakes in life, so he isn't exactly perfect as he expected himself to be.

He's just a man with nothing but some special abilities and knowledge.

"Natalya, I'll ask Matilda to search for their location now, we need to save your children as soon as possible." Doflamingo said in the phone before hanging up, not bothering to hear Natalya's response and immediately dialed Matilda's phone.

"Matilda, I need the location of Hydra's secret base in Sokovia." Doflamingo said as Matilda was shocked by the sudden command but she was already used to it so she immediately got to work.

"I accessed Shield's files and found nothing so I tried hack into Hydra's secret files, however I only got much before someone immediately repelled my invasion. Anyways, I only received a few coordinates, so you're on your own. I'll send you the coordinates that I received." Matilda said before hanging up as Doflamingo's notification rung and countless messages from Matilda was sent to him.

After looking through each of the messages, Doflamingo smirked as it was finally time for payback.

"Beware Hydra, for the Joker is coming for you!"

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

10