Ch. 74 – Minecraft Launch
237 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting Bruce settled in, Doflamingo got a call from Natalya, saying that it is finally time to launch their game, Minecraft. And they're only waiting for his approval to launch it.

"Alright, I'll be there in a flash." Doflamingo said and true to his words, not even a second has passed when a portal opened back to his office and he was back on, sitting in his chair.

Natalya was already in front of the desk, holding a few documents in her hand.

"Here are the documents needed to sign, including the tax payments and surprisingly, someone wanted to sponsor us." Natalya said with a serious tone before handing the documents one by one.

As Doflamingo continued signing them, he frowned when Natalya said that someone wanted to sponsor his game. Just so you know, the budget he payed just to advertise the game didn't reach $100,000, so it's impossible for him to hire someone to sponsor his game.

"Who is it?" Just in time for Natalya answer him who, Doflamingo saw the paper, indicating that a certain company wanted to sponsor his game.

"Rand Enterprises? Aren't the Founder of this company died in a plane crash along with his family?" Doflamingo asked Natalya, 2 years ago, he heard of this news and although it felt familiar to him, but he was too busy at that time, so he didn't care that much and ignored it.

"The current CEO of Rand Enterprises, Harold Meachum actually wanted to have a meeting with you, he said something about the Hand." Natalya said seriously. She has heard of the Hand and although she heard from Matilda that the Hand is already under Doflamingo, but they're originally a group of people proficient in manipulating the history and hiding in the dark.

"The Hand?" Doflamingo raised an eyebrow as he finally remembered about this or atleast he heard about him in a tv series back in his homeworld.

The Iron Fist.

To be honest, he only watched some of its episodes before he dropping it, and the reason was because it was too boring to him and the fight scenes are too mediocre, unlike some martial arts series like Cobra Kai, The Iron Fist series are only good because there are some fantasy elements added to it. 

"Is that all he wanted? He can't be thinking of making a Pharmaceutical Company sponsor a video game all of a sudden." Doflamingo said.

"I suggest agreeing to meet him, sir. He doesn't want to reveal to many things to me and only wanted to talk to you." Natalya expressed her opinion. She's confident that even if this is a trap, nothing bad would happen to Doflamingo, he's strong enough to resist traps made by mediocre people.

"Alright, set up a meeting with him. I'll agree to this sponsor." Doflamingo said, while Natalya tapped a few times in her tablet, probably adding it to his schedule.

"Aside from that, the Stark Industries also wanted to sponsor the game, Tony Stark commented that he's tired of seeing Blue and Red Stripes whenever he tried to look for a game and declared that he wanted a change." Natalya said, shocking Doflamingo a bit.

He didn't expect Tony Stark to be a gamer or atleast that's what the movies portray him.

"Send him my thanks and because of this, tell him to call me after 6 months, I'll give him a specific skin just for him." Doflamingo said while Natalya nodded her head.

After signing up a few more documents, it was finally time to launch the game Minecraft.

"What are you guys hyping up this for? Just launch it already, geez." Seeing that the people assigned in publicating the game and launching it, was looking at him in nervous expressions, Doflamingo got annoyed and said.

***

Inside a dimly lit room, a teen was scrolling through his computer as he was muttering.

"Skip. Skip. Skip. Skip. Skip. Yo, what is this game?" Just as the man was boredly skipping through the games that he scrolled across, he finally stumbled upon a unique looking game.

"Minecraft? I think I've heard of this from my classmates in school. They said that the owner of the company behind this is a kind man." The teen muttered before clicking on the game and read the summary while looking at the images displayed.

"A survival game? This is cool." The teen muttered in surprise before clicking on download since it was just free, unlike the other games where you have to spend atleast $1.99.

"It's only 150 MB? I came looking for copper but found gold!" The teen quoted before waiting for the game to finish downloading.

It didn't take much time as before 5 minutes has passed, it was already downloaded.

"Alright, let's open it!" The teen excitedly said as he was met with the starting screen which shows the name of the company behind it.

Risus

"Risus? Sounds unique and I think it's Latin?" The teen muttered as he was finally brought to the main menu or title screen where he was offered with three buttons to click on.

First is the Singleplayer, next is the Options and finally, the Quit Game button.

There's also another button but it was darkened and it seems to be unavailable as the teen tried to click on it but nothing happens.

"Let's try the Singleplay first." He said before dragging his cursor and clicked on it.

Then he was met with another screen that looks empty except for another button that says Create New World.

"The summary said that I could create my own world, it seems to be this one?" The teen then clicked on the button and was met with another screen.

There are some complicated things inside and he doesn't know that much about it but if he would guess, his guess is that this complicated texts are the settings on the world he would be creating.

So, he didn't bother with them much and directly clicked on the Create World button.

Unknown to the teen, he would soon be so immersed in the game that he would become the first guy that you would call a Game Addict.

***

"How's our game going?" Doflamingo asked Natalya. Two days has passed since they launched the game and so far so good, the people around America are liking it.

"Thanks to the companies sponsoring us, we managed to reached 1 Million downloads in just two days and according to Alice's calculation, it would take only 5 days to reach 10 Million Downloads and 3 months to reach 50 Million Downloads, considering that the rumors about the game would spread during that time." Natalya informed him.

"That's good. Don't forget to tell those Debuggers to make sure that there aren't any bugs in the game and if there is one discovered, tell them to immediately fix it. I don't want the people to have a bad experience in our game." Doflamingo ordered.

"I'll relay it to them. In fact, they're working day and night trying to find bugs in the game and according to them, they only found 1 or 2 bugs before fixing them." Natalya replied.

"That's good. Tell me if we reach 100 Million downloads. If we receive good reviews, I'm planning on adding the Multiplayer function as soon as possible." Doflamingo grinned and said. In fact, his Minecraft would be the first game that is a online Multiplayer game.

After studying about the games in this world, he discovered that the companies in gaming industries haven't tried adding the Multiplayer function in their games. There are some games that could be played by two people but that's a console, so it can't be considered as an Online Multiplayer game.

"This is the function that would make the players play with other players even without playing on the same device, right?" Natalya asked him.

"Yes. I think this is what will make our game the biggest game out of all the other games out there." Doflamingo interlaced his fingers and leaned on the table with a smile.

"By the way, how's Matilda? She's been busy during these days. What is she doing now?" Doflamingo got curious and wanted to know about Matilda's situation.

"She and Stark has been together these days, saying that they're improving their A.I's to see which one of them is the smartest of all." Natalya said with a sigh. She was jealous of Matilda because unlike herself, Matilda is very smart and her use in the family is more important and larger than her.

Seeing the complicated expression on her face, Doflamingo could guess that she might be thinking about something negative.

"What are you thinking? You can tell me, you know?" As the head of the Donquixote Family, it is only natural for him to take good care of his member's physical and mental health. He doesn't want to know someday that there would be a civil war between his family members.

"....I was just thinking that maybe I could contribute more to the family instead of just being your secretary. It's not like I'm looking down on being your secretary it's just that I think I could show more of my value to you." After a bit of hesitation, Natalya finally gave in and stated what she's currently feeling right now.

Finally realizing about her problem, Doflamingo could understand what she's thinking, after all, unlike Richard and Matilda who contributes to the family with their researches, not to mention the newly joined Bruce Banner who already showed his value when he helped Richard in his scientific researches.

"You might not know this but your value is more heavier than them. Imagine if someday, something bad happened to our family and only strength could solve it, you'd realize how valuable you are. Look, I'm not saying that you're useless now. What I meant is that you should wait for your chance to shine. Each of our member has their own worth and that includes you. So, don't be discourage about being worthless." Doflamingo tried his best to comfort her and seeing Natalya's expression softening, he knew that he succeeded in comforting her, so he continued.

"How about this. Next week, I want you to come with me. I'll help you know what is your worth in the family."

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

9