Ch. 108 – Mutants
223 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mutants? What's that?" Hela wondered as she continued watching the television and she could tell that this man in glasses seems to be arguing with someone.

"...It's better for you to see it for yourself." Doflamingo said but deep inside, he was very excited. He didn't think that he'd be transferred to the X-Men universe.

Doflamingo has always been a fan of fantasy and superpower movies and animes, which is why One Piece was his favorite.

Though during that time when he was fawning over One Piece, he also stumbled upon the X-Men movies.

He was fascinated not by the plot, but by the abilities and powers that each character shows like Charles Xavier, who has the ability to read minds, Magneto, who could control metals as if he's playing clay-dough. There are also many other mutants who have many fantastic abilities.

However, his most favourite character in the X-Men franchise is Pietro Maximoff, or also known as Quicksilver. Not the MCU one, obviously.

The ability to make everything slow down in your vision except for you has always excites Doflamingo. Add to the fact that it was played by none other than Evan Peters.

"Let's go somewhere private, we'll discuss our plans there." However, Doflamingo doesn't plan to stay in this universe for too long, not only because he's searching for the other ring but also because he doesn't want too much time to pass on his previous universe.

After dragging Hela to a nearby motel, Doflamingo obviously paid at the counter, which earned him a knowing smile from the lady behind the counter.

"Why is that lady looking at me like that?" After getting into their rooms, Hela complained about the stare that she got from the lady behind the counter.

"Ignore her, we have bigger plans than that." Doflamingo said as he sat on the bed, right beside Hela, making her blush.

Doflamingo then proceeded to explain the mutants to Hela and the current situation in this universe.

"So, you mean that humans here just got dumber?"

"That's a bit far from what I said but you got a point." Doflamingo heard Hela's words and can't help but feel like she's right about that.

Looking at the structures and the looks of the television and vehicles earlier, Doflamingo could tell that it is still around the 1980s. So that means the Apocalypse hasn't awakened yet.

This is both good and bad. Good, because he doesn't see any Sentinels or such, so that means he's not in the timeline where Bolivar Trask succeeded in developing the Sentinels. And finally, bad because he would have to face Apocalypse a few years from now and not only that, if he stayed long enough, he would also encounter even the Dark Phoenix.

Now, he can just mix in the background and just silently look for the ring while he would just let the X-Men save the world from the disasters. However, he can't be too sure anymore and he can't just trust what he sees in the movie versions. What if this is some random universe where some weird ass shit suddenly happened and killed all life on Earth.

That is why if possible, Doflamingo would like to hasten on finding the ring before any of these events came.

And that's what he did, for the next few weeks, Doflamingo and Hela kept travelling around New York, America, looking for a ring. However, since Doflamingo doesn't have the exact location and doesn't even know what it looks like, Doflamingo decided to base the appearance of the ring to the appearance of the Ring of Authority.

However, no matter where they look, Doflamingo and Hela can't find any traces of it and if it wasn't for Nemesis, being a real Goddess, he would have thought he was scammed by her.

Because of this, Doflamingo has no choice but to resort to a more physical means. And so, Doflamingo started looking at the black market and eventually decided to hire a professional to look for it.

Meanwhile, Doflamingo received news that Senator Kelly, the one who proposes the Mutant Registration Act. Was kidnapped by the Brotherhood, which was led by Magneto.

Thinking of this, Doflamingo remembers that Magneto had a certain device that is capable of awakening the X-Gene inside a normal human's body.

This later was used on Senator Kelly, who successfully became a Mutant.

Doflamingo was tempted to get it however, he's busy looking for the ring right now, so maybe after he got the ring, then he'd steal the device.

Thinking of Magneto, Doflamingo also remembers Magneto's long time rival/friend, Professor X.

The moment Professor X crossed Doflamingo's mind, his mind suddenly turned its gears before realizing something crucial.

"Fuck! I could just ask Charles to help me find the ring through Cerebro! With Cerebro, Charles could possibly read the minds of the entire population and see if someone has seen or found the ring.

However, the problem that is left now is how he will convince Charles to help him. He can't be bribed with money nor his life as Doflamingo was afraid that his mental defenses aren't enough to defend himself from the guy.

He could perhaps use his students as a hostage, he's sure that Charles would definitely agree to help him but there will be a chance that Charles will either trick him or mind control him once he gets into the Cerebro, so which means that this method is a no-go.

And that only leaves him into one decision. Which is to help Charles to rescue Rogue from Magneto's hands and make Charles Xavier owe him.

This is by far, the best method that he could use now. 

After telling Hela about the plan, she wasn't against it in any other way as her only reason for being here was because she wants to have an adventure with Doflamingo and by far, she wasn't left disappointed. They both encountered many mutants who tried to cause trouble but unfortunately, they were stopped by them.

Too bad though, the humans were too blind to see the kindness in mutants which is why despite saving them, they still regard both Doflamingo and Hela as mutants who try to disturb the public or do some criminal activities or some shit.

One time, Hela was about to snap and wanted to kill all the humans who dared to slander her. Thankfully, Doflamingo didn't stop her.

Yes, you read that right, Doflamingo didn't stop her because there's really no point in controlling Hela's movements and besides, the moment she came with him, he's always restraining her every move and decision and it leaves a bad taste in his mouth, so he decided to let her free in another universe.

Fortunately, Doflamingo wasn't dumb enough to expose their faces, so both him and Hela are wearing a Superman and Wonder Woman cosplay whenever they go out.

Not only that, Doflamingo always uses his fist whenever he's in his Superman suit while Hela conjures a black whip that she uses.

Thanks to that, no one recognized them and by now, people only knew them by their cosplays, which are Superman and Wonder Woman.

Putting that matter aside, it's time to implement his plan.

First, he needs to watch out for Charles's telepathy, so he used some magic spells to make several barriers on his and Hela's mind while at the same time, he also made Illusionary Thoughts magic spells.

It's a magic spell that he invented during his training with Frigga. To be honest, this idea just popped out of the blue so there's really nothing behind the scenes that happened which made him invent the spell.

With the help of Frigga and Matilda, he successfully invented the spell.

What can the spell do, you may ask? Basically, whenever someone tries to read your mind, they will only read the thoughts that will automatically pop up the moment it senses someone trying to pry your thoughts.

How did it happen, you may ask? Well basically, it's like reserving some thoughts inside your mind that will only pop up when someone tries to read your mind.

In simple terms, if you want to meet Charles Xavier, Doflamingo has already prepared some thoughts that he reserved inside the 'fake thoughts' section, which is what he will call it for now. And then, release the thoughts that you reserved before meeting Charles Xavier.

It might sound complicated but just know that Charles won't be able to pry into his real thoughts.

Anyways, back to the original topic. After putting several barriers inside their minds, it was finally time to implement the plan.

But first, he needed to know when Mystique would convince Rogue to leave the home of Charles.

After a series of hours designing a plan, Doflamingo finally slammed down the hammer at the 'Stalk and Follow' plan.

Doflamingo and Hela will be standby outside the mansion of Charles Xavier, far enough for him to not reach them using telepathy, unless he uses the Cerebro.

Doflamingo and Hela will wait for Rogue to leave the house before they both will follow her.

And just as he expected, Rogue indeed ran away from the mansion and after riding a few rides and so, she arrived at the train station.

Moreover, Doflamingo and Hela sticked to their plan until they saw Rogue board a train.

"This is our chance."

Hela nodded her head and they both entered the same train as the one Rogue is in.

Doflamingo inevitably sat beside her while Hela sat across the seats.

Rogue just stared at him for a few moments before thinking that Doflamingo is just a human and not worth her attention.

However, Doflamingo's next words shocked her.

"It's quite a bit dark to go out, right Ms. Rogue?"

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

8