Ch. 110 – The favor
176 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who are you, young man?" Charles rolled in on his almighty wheelchair while he asked Doflamingo a question.

"Doffy." Obviously, the reason why he's doing this was to get Charles's favour and to get him to help find the ring.

"Doffy, would you please release him? I have heard of what you did and I'm very grateful for saving Logan and Rogue. I owe you one for that." Charles asked him nicely and Doflamingo did as he asked, after all, he already got what he wanted the moment he heard his set of words. Inside his mind, he was grinning madly while on the surface, he kept a poker face.

"Sure thing." Doflamingo said before releasing Magneto from his clutches.

To be honest, he doesn't have any intentions of killing Magneto, after all, killing him would benefit no one except for the government and he knows how the government works in this world and because of that, he doesn't want them to win.

*Boom!*

Suddenly, Sabretooth's body got smashed on the wall beside them while Toad shouted for help.

"Magneto, help!" Toad tried to climb the walls to escape however, a whip wrapped itself around his neck before bringing him back down on the ground.

"Where do you think you're going?" Hela licked her lips as her whip cracked beside her.

*Crack!*

*Snap!*

A small part of the wall got crushed when the tip part of the whip smashed into it making Toad shriek in fear.

Who the fuck is even this woman?!

Toad and Sabretooth didn't even last 10 seconds before both of them were smashed and almost killed.

"Is she your companion, please make her stop." Charles also asked them.

"Hela." Doflamingo called out her name and gave her a wink as she noticed that there was a bald man in a wheel chair beside him.

Hela remembered what Doflamingo told her, so she scoffed before kicking Toad on his ass, throwing him away from her to Magneto's side.

*Bam!*

Toad landed on the ground, unconscious.

Charles and the rest just quietly stared at this and made a note to their minds to not mess with this lady!

"Professor!" Logan called out as him and Rogue got out of the train and walked towards them.

Magneto just quietly glared at both Logan and Rogue. If he knew that this would've happened, then perhaps he should've kidnapped Rogue just before she arrived at the station.

Unknown to him, even if he did that, he would still fail because Doflamingo and Hela were following her from Charles's mansion until she reached the train station.

"Let's head back, the police are already here." Charles said as a red haired lady prepared to push the wheelchair.

"I agree, but I don't like being deceived." Doflamingo said as he stared at 'Cyclops'.

"You mean Scott." Charles was confused and so was 'Cyclops'.

"Either you reveal your true identity or else this man gets it." Doflamingo said while a knife conjured on his hand and pointed it at Magneto.

"No, what are you doing?" Charles asked calmly, the only reason why he was calm was because he was confident in himself that he could rescue Magneto on time by controlling the mind of Doflamingo.

"3... 2....1..." After 3 seconds of countdown, Doflamingo was about to slash Magneto's neck while Charles was about to control his mind.

"Wait stop!" 'Cyclops' yelled as his body slowly changed from a man's body to a blue skinned woman.

"Raven? Where's Scott?" Charles squinted his eyes at Raven as he asked her.

"Don't worry, I kept him somewhere safe." Raven said while glaring at Doflamingo. She doesn't know how Doflamingo recognized her and she's a hundred percent sure that it wasn't because of her poor acting.

Magneto stayed calm all this time as he also knew that Charles would be there to save him. Despite being long time enemies, they both still cared for each other, which is why Magneto hasn't invaded Charles's mansion to kill him.

The same goes for Charles. Although he can't control Magneto's mind, he could control the minds of the people around him. So, it's pretty easy to launch a surprise attack on him.

After a series of communications and finding Scott's unconscious body laying around on a bench in the station.

All of them went back to Charles's mansion where Magneto and Charles had a serious talk.

In the meantime, Doflamingo and Hela were in the guest room where Ororo, Jean, Logan and Rogue were communicating.

"So, what are your powers?" Rogue initiated as she asked.

"I could control strings." Doflamingo said as he conjured a bunch of tiny strings from his fingertips.

"If so, then how did you beat Magneto? Surely, strings can't beat Metals, right?" Ororo then asked the next question.

"That's where you are wrong, Ms. White hair." Doflamingo waved his finger at her while automatically giving her a nickname.

"It's Ororo." She introduced herself which Doflamingo gave a nod to.

"You see, it's not about the powers, Ms. Ororo. Do you believe me that someone who could understand and read all languages could defeat Logan here?" Doflamingo said before asking while pointing at Logan.

"Heh, no one could defeat me, bub." Logan mockingly chuckled however, Rogue immediately shut him down.

"But Magneto defeated you right? You didn't even manage to take a step before you lost."

Ororo chuckled along with Jean Grey while Logan's face twitched and yelled in his mind.

'I thought we were friends? Traitor!'

"He was just lucky. If I don't have these kinds of bones, he would be begging me for his life." Logan said while Doflamingo spoke, bringing back their conversation to the previous topic.

"Anyways, as I was saying. It's not about how strong your powers are if you want to win but how you quickly adapt to a situation and how efficient you are in controlling your powers. Experience also adds to that." Doflamingo finished as the door was opened before they could reply.

"Hello there, sorry for barging in." Charles came rolling in on his wheelchair while Magneto walked behind him with a flustered expression.

"It's fine, Professor. We were just chatting." Rogue smiled kindly.

"Can we have a talk, Mr. Doflamingo?" Charles gave her a grateful nod and then turned his eyes to Doflamingo.

"Sure." Doflamingo nodded his head and followed him outside, leaving Hela with the mutants.

*Clink!*

The door closed after Doflamingo went out along with Charles.

Magneto just glared at them all, especially at Hela, however when she came and stared back at him, Magneto immediately diverted his eyes.

Too bad, Hela could still feel the killing intent on his entire body.

"Glare at me again and I'll pluck your eyes out using this piece of metal." Hela threatened him. Why a piece of metal, you may ask? It's actually a hint to Magneto that even if he's at the advantage and Hela is at the disadvantage, she is still capable of killing him.

Magneto didn't refute what she said. While Logan can't help but shiver in fear.

He doesn't know why he is shivering in fear except that it is probably because of his beastly instincts. His entire body is screaming at him to stay as far away as possible from Hela.

"So, you are his fiancee, right?" As the kindest person in the room, Rogue once again initiated a conversation, trying to remove the awkward atmosphere.

"It's Bethrothed." Hela corrected her.

"Why even use the word bethrothed? Isn't the word fiancee more suitable?" Rogue asked.

"Hmph, that word is too lady-like and is not fit for me." Hela answered, turning the atmosphere awkward again.

***

Meanwhile, Doflamingo and Charles arrived at his office where they started their talk.

"I would like to thank you again for saving Rogue and Logan. I promise to repay it someday." Charles gratefully nodded his head. 

"How about repaying it now, Professor?" Doflamingo said, as Charles suspiciously stared at him while at the same time, he tried to read his mind.

'I wonder if he will ever grow his hair again.' These are the words that Charles heard from his mind, which made him scratch his bald head sadly.

"Sure thing, as long as it won't go against my morals and it is within my capabilities, then I will gladly do it." Hearing the words, Doflamingo rejoiced inside his mind.

"It's actually not that hard or something. I heard that you have a machine that lets you detect all of the minds in the entire world, right?" Doflamingo asked and Charles nodded his head. It's actually not a secret that he should keep, after all, the machine was designed and built with the materials that the CIA provided them.

"I'm just looking for a ring and considering that it's impossible to find such a small item, I hope that you could help me." Doflamingo said which made Charles sigh in relief.

He was ready to reject Doflamingo if he asked something absurd like manipulating someone's memories or controlling someone's mind.

However, since he was just looking for a ring, then perhaps he would be able to help him, after all, he could just scan all the minds of the people to see whoever knows where the ring is.

"Can you please tell me what it looks like?" Charles asked.

Doflamingo then showed him the ring on his finger and after taking a quick look at it, Charles nodded his head in agreement.

"Please follow, however if you're asking me to scan the whole world, then it might take a very long time." Charles wheeled outside the office while Doflamingo followed him outside.

Doflamingo contemplated around this and when he realized that there must be a reason why Nemesis dropped them in New York.

"I think it's New York." Doflamingo answered.

"Ah, then it'll be easy." Charles smiled and said.

Just when they're about to arrive at the location of the Cerebro, Charles curiously asked.

"If you don't mind me asking, Mr. Doflamingo. But why are you looking for this ring?"

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

7