Ch. 113 – A mother
192 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The engines on Doflamingo's brain got circuited when he heard what Nemesis just said.

Why does this remind him of Whitebeard?

"...Yes." Doflamingo blurted out without knowing, earning him the hug of the goddess.

"Really! I'm glad! I've been thinking about this for the past few years and I've been afraid that you'd reject me." Nemesis said while her hands were still encircled around his body.

"Why though? I mean, the first time we met you were very hostile to me and won't even tell me the location of the rings." Doflamingo confusedly asked.

"I've been watching over you ever since we met. That's when I realized that you lacked a mother-figure and I've always wanted to have a child that won't just turn into an evil person. So, I thought that maybe we are destined to be a mother and son." Nemesis explained, further circuiting the engines on Doflamingo's head.

Is this how Goddesses claim someone to be their children? Sounds weird but cool.

"Uhm, It's not like I want to refuse or something, in fact, I'm happy but this is too sudden." Doflamingo scratched the back of his head and embarrassedly said.

"It's fine. I'm not forcing you or anything." Nemesis patted his back and said.

They both kept chatting for a bit until Doflamingo finally asked her about the ring.

"Can you tell me about the ring that I just wore?" He asked.

"Oh, that ring. To be honest, I was surprised that you would find that ring. It's called Ring of Truth. Unlike the Ring of Authority which gives you the ability to seize Authority over anything, Ring of Truth allows you to know the Truth about everything. It's like Google which you can ask and it will give you the answer that you seek in return." Nemesis said, shocking Doflamingo greatly.

No wonder Nemesis told her that acquiring the ring would make him master the Ring of Authority. After all, he could just use the Ring of Truth to know more about the Ring of Authority and how to properly use it. But first, he's not sure yet so he should inquire Nemesis about it first.

"Does that mean that I coul-." Doflamingo hasn't even finished what he was saying when Nemesis already knows what he was about to ask, so she answered without making him finish the question.

"Yes, it is possible." Nemesis nodded her head and said before continuing.

"However, you just know that there would be a limit to every Truth that you want to know. First of all, the Ring of Truth could only show you the Truth that must be groundbreaking and very important to not only you but also to itself." Nemesis said.

"So, it has consciousness?" Doflamingo asked after hearing and analyzing the words that Nemesis said.

"Something like that. So, you can't just ask it to help you answer a test sheet or help you find where you put the remote." Nemesis said, making Doflamingo chuckle. He finds it funny that he would use such a strong artifact for such small and useless things.

...Though he was curious so he might try it lat-.

"I'm stopping you there. Just don't do it. Just like what you said earlier, it has consciousness and being used to do such useless things might make it mad at you instead." Nemesis immediately stopped him, as if reading his mind.

"Are you reading my mind?" Doflamingo thought so and asked.

"No I can't, it's just that your intention is all over your face. You should hide it well." Nemesis said while pointing and waving her finger all over his face.

'Of course you're a goddess! Even I was almost tricked by my own poker face, but you managed to see through me in just a glance' Doflamingo complained inside his mind.

Nemesis smiled for an unknown reason however, Doflamingo could tell that she smiled because she once again read his thoughts through his face.

They both talked for a few more minutes and through those minutes, they both got along so well that Doflamingo had finally opened up to her.

Unfortunately, his time is a bit tight and he must return or else he's afraid that Hela has already eradicated the entire world.

"Thank you... For everything." Giving her a hug, Doflamingo smiled as Nemesis also hugged him back.

"You don't have to thank me for anything. I think it is destined for us to meet. Just remember to visit me sometimes, okay?" Nemesis said.

"No problem." Doflamingo smiled and said before giving her a salute and soon disappeared from the space, leaving Nemesis alone.

"....I miss my son already." Nemesis sadly said as she looked around her place.

"Without him, life is too boring. Thankfully, I could just watch over him to satiate my boredom." Nemesis said as she sat on the grassy ground, assuming a meditative position and closed her eyes.

***

When Doflamingo opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was a face.

"You're finally awake!" Hela immediately hugged him.

"It's been a whole day! I thought you're not gonna wake up!" Hela said, shocking Doflamingo.

'Does time run differently there? I swear my stay there feels like 4 to 5 hours or so.' Doflamingo said to himself, though he's glad that he's awake now and Hela didn't do something drastic while he's unconscious.

After telling Hela about what happened, she was a bit shocked though she did return to her usual self after.

"So, where are we going now? A lady came here earlier and is demanding to pay more for overstaying. If I didn't remember what you said to me before we came here, I would've killed her without hesitation." Hela explained to him with a dangerous glint flashing over her eyes.

Doflamingo was glad that he told Hela to not do anything drastic or things that would put them in trouble without covering her face.

Looking down at his new ring, he saw that it had already changed in appearance, at first it looked really simple as if the ring can be found being sold in the streets, however there was a green glowing jewel attached to it.

At first glance, it looks like water is trapped inside however as you stare into it, you'd realize that it was just a mind blowing optical illusion pattern that made it look as if it was flowing water.

"Before going back, I wanted to test something first." Doflamingo said.

Both of them went out of their room and walked towards a nearby forest after paying the clerk.

"What are we doing here?" Hela asked as she looked at Doflamingo who was staring at his ring, making Hela come up with a conclusion on why they are here.

"You want to test the ring?" And soon, she was proven right as Doflamingo nodded his head and caressed the ring before closing his eyes.

'I want to know more about the Ring of Authority and how to control it!' As soon as these words passed through his mind, the Ring of Truth glowed as a voice answered Doflamingo's question inside his man.

'A question, you asked. Answer, I shall.' When the voice said this, Doflamingo almost laughed as this kind of speaking reminds him of a certain green alien.

At the same time, the voice then proceeded to tell him about the Ring Of Authority, its origins, how to utilize them and how to master them.

The origins is already something that Doflamingo knew so he didn't pay attention to it while on the other hand, when the voice explained how to utilize its power and how to master it, his jaw broke down in realization.

'Was it always this easy?!' Doflamingo yelled in his mind and couldn't help but call his past self an idiot for not realizing this.

According to the voice, it turns out that in order to utilize the power, you must desire it completely, so much that it sometimes requires you to be in a death-life situation in order to use it.

However, not everything can be conquered. For example, he can't just desire to take Authority over the Energy as that would not only be impossible but also if he did, he would anger countless beings and might even force the One Above All to make a move.

In the next one, mastering the Ring of Authority is a bit simple as it is also related to the first one. You see, whenever you utilize the power of the Ring, you would feel something inside you that would be the key in order to master the Ring of Authority. Once you manage to decipher this feeling and tap into it without being forced into a death-life situation, that's when you master the Ring of Authority.

However, it is easier said than done.

"Are you finished now?" Hela asked as it has been an hour since they ended up standing in the same spot without moving an inch.

"I'm sorry about that. However, let me just do something okay?" Doflamingo spoke, as Hela nodded her head, it's not like she could refuse him or do anything. 

Doflamingo gave her a thankful nod before proceeding to look at the Ring of Truth.

'I hope you don't disappoint me now, Ring of Truth.' Doflamingo gave it one last caress before asking the one billion dollar question.

'Where are the other rings?'

As soon as the question dropped, nothing happened, making Doflamingo sigh in disappointment.

"Sigh, I shouldn't have expected it." Doflamingo shook his head and said. Just when he's about to leave the forest with Hela, a brand new information suddenly flushes inside his mind.

'This is?!' Analyzing this information, Doflamingo's eyes glowed in surprise and excitement.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

8