Ch. 120 – Tensions
162 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sigh, it feels good to be back." While riding on top of the nuke, Doflamingo can't help but comment.

In fact, he was already here before Matilda even joined the war. It's just that, he wanted to 'rest' a little bit.

Okay, that's bullshit. The truth is, he just wanted to watch what will happen to the Chitauri war if he's gone. Will the butterfly effect kick in and make the Avengers lose or perhaps, some member of Black Order would be sent to take care of the Avengers.

Butterfly effect is too unpredictable if you're not expecting it. So it's better to be cautious.

"Close the portal once I enter." Doflamingo said through the earpiece, shocking the Avengers except Matilda.

[Wait what? Are you nuts? You can't do that!]

[That is suicide.]

[Yeah sure.]

Funny enough, Matilda's response was contrary to the others, making them mad at her.

[Matilda?! You're okay with this? He's gonna get himself killed! I don't even know how he got on top of the nuke but I'm sure as hell that he won't put it there in space ]

[Just trust me.]

Doflamingo spoke, to end the fuss. However, the Avengers weren't having any of it and were still convincing him to not kill himself.

[Just jump out of the nuke before it reaches the portal, I'll catch you.]

Being irritated a bit, Doflamingo turned off the earpiece and smashed it with his hands.

While killing some stray Chitauris, the nuke with Doflamingo riding on it finally arrived at the large portal in the sky.

Out there, Doflamingo once again saw the beauty space however, it was being littered with trash called Chitauris, making the space not so beautiful anymore.

'Y'all ruin the good view!' Doflamingo said to himself as he directed the nuke towards the mothership before jumping off.

As much as he wanted to take the entire mothership, intact for himself. But the Chitauris are still rampaging on Earth, so he has to end it first.

Anyways, he could just get all the scraps from the explosion.

*Boom!*

It didn't take quite long for the nuke to reach the mothership and explode it into pieces.

"Wow." Taking out a sunglass out of nowhere, Doflamingo wore it and watched in amazement as the colorful and bright explosions reflected on the lens of his sunglass.

"Well done, well done." Referencing Olaf from Frozen, Doflamingo started clapping.

And as he expected, the moment the explosion went off, the Chitauris started falling down like moths being burned by a flame.

"Time to become a garbageman." Doflamingo said as two more Doflamingo appeared beside him.

"Take every piece." Doflamingo said and as soon as these words left his mouth, the clones immediately went to work and started taking every piece of scraps and throwing it out on the portal.

***

Meanwhile, back on Earth. Matilda immediately closed the portal as soon as Doflamingo disappeared into it.

"Matilda! What are you doing?" Natasha asked her. Since Doflamingo seemed confident enough to be in space without the portal, then there's gotta be a reason for that, which is why she wasn't that worried like the others.

*Thud*

"Open the portal, we gotta rescue him." Iron Man landed on the ground as his mask opened up and he said.

"No. He'll be fine. Talk back and you're dead." Matilda said before glaring at Tony, who immediately shut up and didn't talk back anymore.

Natasha's eyes darted towards Tony and Matilda as amusement filled her eyes. She has long known that there is something going up between the both of them but this is the first time she saw them.

"Let's go." Matilda said as she flipped the scepter on her hand and walked towards Loki.

"It's time for you to face your consequences." Matilda crouched near Loki and said.

Loki smirked and answered.

"I haven't lost ye-." Just in time for him to say these words, the Chitauris started falling done one by one and even the giant Leviathan also collided with a couple of buildings before landing on the ground, not moving an inch.

Matilda turned her attention back to Loki and this time, she was the one smirking.

"Sorry, were your saying something?"

"...I lost." Loki was speechless at first before finally registering that he lost, so he admitted defeat.

***

Soon enough, the clean up crew arrived and started cleaning up the mess. It took a few minutes before they were replaced by the clean up crew hired by the Stark Industries.

As for the Avengers?

They're in a Shawarma Shack, having snacks while Loki was lying on the floor with ropes tied around him.

Although this wouldn't completely stop him from escaping but with more than 5 avengers around him, even he managed to get out of the rope, he would still be bombarded by their attacks.

Meanwhile, Doflamingo finally finished up collecting the scraps and it was time to go back to Earth.

As for where he put it? He has a secret room in Sanctuary where the Spaceships of Ronan and other miscellaneous things.

"Time to go back." Doflamingo stretches a little before opening a portal and went inside.

Back in the streets of New York, Doflamingo appeared out of a portal and there, he saw the dead bodies of the Chitauri, signifying his success of taking them down once again.

Doflamingo spreads out his senses and sensed that the Avengers and Matilda are in a Shawarma Shack, probably taking a small break from the war.

"I think she could handle herself well. I'll visit the Ancient One if she's fine." Still being cautious on Butterfly Effect, Doflamingo was afraid that The Ancient One has already been killed by Kaecillius.

Just when Doflamingo was about to open a portal, he suddenly heard a voice behind him.

"You seem to be worried, Doffy." When Doflamingo tried around, he saw the Ancient One standing, looking just fine.

"Yeah, I was worried about you." Doflamingo said making the Ancient One chuckle.

"Aren't you more worried on how they got the Tesseract?" Ancient One said, making Doflamingo wide-eyed at totally forgetting that he owns the Tesseract, which means that the Tesseract was somehow stolen from his Treasury, which is the most secured room in the Sanctuary.

"I remember putting Space seals in my treasury room, to prevent Loki from entering and exiting through the Tesseract, how did he steal it?" Doflamingo could now only question Anciento One, hoping he would get answers from her.

"Tsk tsk tsk. You underestimate the power of the space Stone. Nothing in this world is capable of stopping its power, even magic itself. Which is why it is called as one of the strongest things in the entire universe." The Ancient One explained.

Doflamingo look down in disappointment. He was too arrogant thinking that he's capable of preventing the New York War. It turns out, he's just a fool thinking that he's capable enough.

"You don't have to be disappointed, many people throughout the years has thought that they could master an infinity stone, but so far, those who can, could only be counted in one hand." Ancient One said, probably to comfort Doflamingo.

"Is there any more that I should know about to prevent myself from becoming na idiot?" Doflamingo asked.

While the Ancient One just smiled and didn't answer his question before leaving the place through a portal.

"Still as snobby as ever, huh? I guess I have to go and take back what's mine." Doflamingo said before opening a portal that leads to the Shawarma Shack where the Avengers are having a break.

"Good morning, Gentlemen." Doflamingo said while walking in like a boss, even going as far as taking the Shawarma from Tony's hand and ate it.

"Hey you're bac-! Hey, that's mine!" Tony's greet wasn't finished when he complained about the stolen Shawarma from his hand.

"Don't worry, I'm just here for the Tesseract, I believe it was stolen from me." Doflamingo said, in fact, he already knew where the Tesseract is as it is obviously shown across the room, sitting on the table.

"Oh! I was about to take it back to Asgard but since you said it, you can have it, friend! I'm sure father will be more than happy for the Tesseract to be in your hands." Thor didn't hesitate to agree however, the others have different opinions.

"Hey, didn't we won it. So, basically finders keepers, right?" Tony said however, Doflamingo talked back.

*Thud!*

Doflamingo pushed the Tesseract off the table before picking it up.

"Oohh, I found it. I guess it's mine now." Doflamingo shrugged his shoulders and said before turning to left the room.

However, others have different opinions.

"I hope you can understand but the Tesseract is now under Shield's jurisdiction, we promise to keep it safe and sound from harm." Natasha stood up and faced him without fear.

"Don't be a hero." Doflamingo whispered through her ear.

"I'm sorry but we are heroes." Hawkeye suddenly stood up and raised his bow, drawing the string back very quick. It didn't take long for the string to reach its maximum extension.

"Drop it off, Archer!" The Mjolnir flew on Thor's hand and he immediately pointed it at Hawkeye.

"Woah Woah Woah, everybody just calm down." Captain America immediately grabbed his shield and tried to calm them down.

Sensing the growing tension, Tony doesn't know which side he should take, so he just closed his mask and hoped for the best.

Meanwhile, Matilda seemed as if she didn't sensed the growing tension as she continued gnawing on the Shawarma meat on the table.

If someone were to look at this, they would be afraid to drop even a single pin as it would become the loudest sound made in the room.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

8