Ch. 123 – Settling matters
170 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...." Looking at the blonde guy who just peeked on the small gap that was formed, Miranda looked at the face in confusion and slight familiarity.

*Clank!*

Soon, the hand started destroying the metallic door, opening a gap in the middle of it.

"How are you guys?" As Doflamingo entered the room, he fixed his hair and outfit first before speaking.

"Uhh....We're not okay? I guess?" Miranda hesitated a little bit before answering.

Doflamingo didn't speak anymore and started untying the ropes on their hands, freeing them.

"Thank you, sir?" Thomas helped Miranda stand up before proceeding to give his gratitude to Doflamingo however, he doesn't know his name.

"Just call me Doflamingo. Donquixote Doflamingo." Without prolonging the drama any longer, Doflamingo immediately dropped the bomb and introduced himself.

"What?" Both Thomas and Miranda's eyes widened in surprise.

"Quite a shock, isn't it?" Doflamingo replied with a shrug of shoulders.

***

 "Did I just hear it wrong or does he have the same name as our son?" Miranda whispered to Thomas as both of them watched Doflamingo grab some folders and files, keeping it somewhere inside his coat.

"You didn't hear it wrong, my love. However, I think he just has the same name as our son, right?" Thomas whispered back.

"I can hear you guys. You know what, I'm not gonna beat around the bush. It's me Donquixote Doflamingo, your son." Getting tired of the whispers, Doflamingo finally had enough and he directly revealed.

"Doflamingo!" Both of them shouted in unison.

What happened next is just full of hugging and kisses. It's just like your typical family reunion.

"H-how?" Miranda was speechless. She was referring to the things that Doflamingo did like rescuing them from tens of armed men in a yacht. Not to mention, the piercing of the metallic door with nothing but bare hands.

"What can I say? I'm born special." Facing these questions that will be hard and too long to explain, Doflamingo stated a few simple words, mixed with a shrug of his shoulders.

"We could go back to New York to start anew!" Thomas started fantasizing about having a new and normal family.

"You're right! What do you say, Doflamingo?" Miranda immediately agreed to what he said and asked Doflamingo's opinion as she held his cheek.

"I....can't." Facing the expectations on their faces, Doflamingo was having a hard time rejecting them. It took him a few seconds before finally refusing them.

"Is it...about the orphanage? Do you have a grudge against us because of it?" Miranda didn't expect to be refused by Doflamingo. In her mind, she already imagines herself, Thomas and Doflamingo living inside a normal house while having a normal family.

"No. Actually, I'm thankful for you guys but...." Doflamingo closed his eyes and stopped for a few seconds before continuing.

"I already have a new family. And I can't just leave them and be with you guys. I appreciate the offer though. Maybe if you asked the past me, then perhaps I would've accepted." Doflamingo said in a heavy grim face.

Miranda slowly dropped her hand off of his cheek as her face contorted into sadness.

"We....understand, son." Thomas doesn't know what to say except to accept Doflamingo's choices.

"Actually, that's the reason why I came here. To save you both. Because I wanted to repay the fact that instead of doing an abortion. You guys still decided to give birth to me and gave me a name. A name that I will surely cherish." In order to appease them a little, Doflamingo started thanking them so they wouldn't feel that bad.

"I see. It's okay, Doffy. I understand.....Just know that we'll always open our arms for you just in case you need us." Doflamingo saw a tear, sliding down Miranda's cheeks as she spoke.

"I wish I could've been a better mother for you." As Miranda continued, this time a few more tears slid off her eyes.

Not wanting her son to see her state, Miranda closed her mouth with her hand before looking away.

Thomas saw this and immediately hugged Miranda in order to comfort her.

When Doflamingo saw this, he stepped back a little to give them some space.

***

It didn't take long for Doflamingo to gather what he needed before opening a portal, which once again shocked Miranda and Thomas.

"W-what is this? Some kind of high-tech transportation device? How long have we been in the yacht, dear?" Thomas rubbed his eyes as he stared at the newly formed portal in front of him.

"Just a week, dear. No need to exaggerate." Miranda replied to his question. In fact, she was also shocked but considering that Doflamingo could punch a hole on a metallic door, she immediately adapted and recovered.

"I'll bring you guys to your new home." Doflamingo then gestured to them to step inside the portal. In which, they did so while still looking at the portal in marvel.

"Woah, where are we?" Once they stepped in, Thomas started by raising a question in amazement.

"Welcome to the Sanctuary. In here, you don't have to worry about being discovered and chased by your father and Ulysses's men. Because not only is this place the most secured place on Earth but also I'll handle them soon." Doflamingo said, making Miranda turn her attention to him.

"...Are you gonna kill my father?" Miranda asked after a moment of hesitation.

"What else do you think will happen?" Doflamingo chuckled and said.

"Can you....." Miranda was about to ask Doflamingo to spare her father's life but soon stopped as she realized that asking for that is too much for Doflamingo.

"....It's nothing." Enduring the unknown pain inside her heart, Miranda continued.

"You want me to spare him, don't you?" As if reading her mind, Doflamingo spoke the exact thoughts that she had just a few seconds ago.

Miranda can't help but nod her head in embarrassment.

"It's not a problem for me. In fact, I was thinking of bringing him to you after all, it's you guys that have suffered because of him, so you guys decide his fate." Doflamingo replied.

As if a heavy weight was lifted off of her shoulders, Miranda sighed in relief before expressing her gratitude to Doflamingo.

"You guys should probably get inside. It's already dark now. Tomorrow morning, you guys will get the good news." Doflamingo smirked and said for the last time before leaving in a flash.

"Awesome... He disappeared!" Thomas stared at where Doflamingo used to stand and muttered in amazement.

"Sigh..." Seeing this kind of attitude from him, Miranda can't help but sigh.

Her husband, Thomas has always been fascinated by the things that he hasn't seen yet.

***

As for Doflamingo. He has decided to use his skills instead of using the portal as it makes him too lazy to move his legs. Remember, never forget the leg day!

"Fwooo. Cool, 10 kilometers in just 20 seconds? Talk about being The Flash." Doflamingo looked at the stop watch on his wrist and couldn't help but say in fascination. Although he knew that The Flash is definitely faster than him, at least he could still beat Quicksilver in the MCU timeline, right?

That guy can't even dodge bullets. In Doflamingo's eyes, bullets are like turtles moving very slowly. Perhaps it is thanks to his Observation Haki for allowing him to achieve such a feat.

"I'll try and see if I could surpass this." Doflamingo said as he crouched down on the ground and assumed a running stance before breathing in and out.

"Alright, you can do this Barr- ehem, I mean Doflamingo! Let yourself be the fastest man alive!" Doflamingo muttered to himself before activating his Soru and using the full strength of his legs, turning his leg into a pure muscle full of veins that makes it look like an elongated brain with a skin.

With enough training, Doflamingo doesn't have to worry about breaking the sonic speed and causing sonic booms as he knew that it would be troublesome for always causing public disturbance.

Though that doesn't spare him from running out of breath.

So, as he stands on top of the water, Doflamingo catches his breath as he stares at his stopwatch again.

"Hmmm. 24 miles in just half a minute. Not bad." Doflamingo nodded his head while praising himself.

After a few minutes of slight rest, Doflamingo resumed his journey until he finally reached the end of his destination.

A large cruise ship that looks abandoned, as there's a lack of lights and presence outside the ship, a perfect base for a criminal that steals Vibranium.

However, Doflamingo could pick up hundreds of armed men inside the abandoned cruise ship, awaiting orders from Klaue and guarding the base of operations.

Doflamingo also sensed Klaue inside his office, full of hard cash while he seemed to be talking to someone in front of him.

"Let the games begin." Doflamingo smirked to himself before disappearing from his current position.

***

"So, any news about them, Rick? I heard your men already found and abducted them?" Lighting up a cigar, Klaue blew out some air before asking a question towards the person in front of him whose name is Rick.

Based on his appearance, he is obviously Miranda's father as they both are look-alike a little bit.

"My men already got them but I've been calling the person assigned in this mission but so far, he's not answering any of my calls." Rick said while scratching his goatee in annoyance.

"I want her by tomorrow. I've spent millions on preparing our secret wedding." With a lustful look on his face, Klaue started biting his lip while Rick looked down on the ground, no one knowing what he was thinking right now.

*Thum!*

"What the? Who turned the lights off?" Klaue noticed the suddenly black out, so he immediately shouted in command.

"Hehehe....Wanna play a game?"

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage) 

8