Ch. 129 – A well deserved power up
175 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"One Move?" Ikaris felt like he was being mocked by Doflamingo when he heard his words.

Doflamingo didn't speak anymore as his hand was coated with red tint.

Having supernatural senses, although Ikaris couldn't see the red tint on Doflamingo's arm, but his senses were telling him that something was off about Doflamingo. 

[A/N: Yes, I decided to use the logic that only Haki users can see Haki. Since I thought that it makes sense.]

Because of this, Ikaris raised his guard and started closely at Doflamingo, not daring to blink as he's afraid that if he blinked, his enemy would suddenly disappear from his position.

'This time, I'll make sure he won't hit m-.' Just as Ikaris was confident of making sure that he won't be able to be hit by Doflamingo, the blonde haired dude suddenly appeared in front of him. He didn't even blink and he's already in front of him!

'I need to dod-!'

*Boom!*

Assuming a one inch punch stance, the entire surroundings slowed down as Doflamingo's hand that was pointing at his abdomen suddenly closed in a quick manner.

Before Ikaris knew it, his pain receptors suddenly blared, but it was too late as his entire abdomen caved in, making him look like a concave circle.

Due to the pain, Ikaris has lost the ability to think as his mind was filled with nothing but pain.

It only took a few seconds before Ikaris laid down on the ground without moving a single inch. However, to Ikaris, those few seconds were like hours of intense pain.

He's not a human but he could still feel pain, as it is part of the sense of touch.

"Is he dead?" Sprite cried as she tried to release herself from Sersi's grasp, which she succeeded as Sersi was also shocked at seeing her past lover lying on the ground, motionless.

She wanted to rush over there and help Ikaris however, her mission to save the planet weighs more, so after a moment of hesitation, she closed her eyes and looked away, staring back at the raging volcano.

"We need to stop Tiamut's awakening." Sersi said to Phastos.

"It's too late, Druig has passed out, it might take a while to wake him up but we have no time!" Phastos answered as Sersi despaired.

"Let me handle this." Doflamingo said while using his observation Haki to sense where Tiamut's body is however, he was left in shock when he finally did.

'Holy shit! This dude's body is as big as Earth. I understand it's because he's a celestial but he's still an infant, right?!' Doflamingo gulped his saliva in slight fear at the Celestials. However, this also increased his determination to improve his strength and become an existence that nothing in this world can touch, not even the Celestials or any other beings.

"Boss..." Phastos was worried at Doflamingo as he knew that what Doflamingo just did was going against the will of the gods.

"Don't worry about me, Phastos. Just make sure after all this, you'll go back to the company and work on the new game project that I recently made." Doflamingo said with a chuckle, making Phastos to chuckle also.

'Truth, is it possible for me to absorb Tiamut's energy using the Forbidden Magic: Drain?' Doflamingo asked Truth first, just for confirmation.

[I don't know if you're an idiot or not as absorbing Tiamut has both benefits and drawbacks.] Truth answered.

'What are the benefits?' Doflamingo asked.

[Well, obviously you'll receive a huge Power-Up and become a partially Celestial. Acquiring most of their powers and abilities.]

'What's the drawback then?'

[You'll die.]

'That's direct, can you at least tell me the reason?' Doflamingo sweated a bit from Truth's directness.

[A Celestial's body is not something that a human can absorb, you'll explode if you absorb their energy.]

'Can you tell me any solutions to these?' Doflamingo got a bit down when he heard Truth's words.

[You can use the Power of Authority. By seizing authority over Tiamut's entire being, you could use your authority over him to make the energy be compatible with you. Celestials have limited reality biology manipulation over their bodies.]

'So, that means I would control Tiamut's mind?'

[No, as of now, Tiamut hasn't awakened yet, so he's empty husk for now, so taking control over him is like taking over the remote control of a television.] 

'I see. Let's do it!'

[Hold on for a second. You must first know that there would be a time limit of your control over Tiamut as your control over him depends on your strength and desire and since you're not desiring the authority over him enough, it will only depend on strength, so make sure that you do everything quickly and swiftly before killing him.]

'Wait, I thought I would be taking authority over him, isn't that supposed to be permanent?' 

[Well, do you desire to take Authority over Tiamut?]

'Yes?' Doflamingo answered, not sure about his answer.

[I take it as a no. Desire is a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen. So, unless you really desire it, your authority over a certain object or being wouldn't be permanent.]

'How do I even desire?'

[Desire is not something you learn. You will need intense feelings towards it.]

'Well, that's hard. My only desire in this world is to live without regrets.' 

[I didn't ask.]

'That's rude.' Doflamingo said while feeling as if an Asian man was yelling 'Emotional Damage!' behind him.

***

While using magic to make a hole on the ground, the hole was already deep enough that Doflamingo could already stand on Tiamut's body.

Doflamingo could see that the body is made of gold and glowing.

'Killing him would bring me many benefits but at the same time, I would be making enemies with a bunch of gods.' Doflamingo started hesitating just by thinking about it, however the urge to become a partially Celestial and be more powerful than ever weighs more. Oh well, sometimes you have to take risks in life.' After convincing himself that what he's doing is for the greater good, Doflamingo finally proceeded to take control over Tiamut.

[A/N: I won't be putting much details as I feel like it's just a waste of words and I know most of you would just probably skip through it.]

Using the Power of Authority was much more harder than Doflamingo expected as whenever he tries to desire to control Tiamut, some weird thought would suddenly pop up on his mind.

Thoughts like 'How do our brains remember that we forgot something, but we can't remember what that thing was?'

'Crabs probably think that fish can fly.'

'Someone's mom probably used me as a bad example for her kids.'

It took him a long time before finally erasing these weird thoughts and finally focused on desiring.

It turns out, the only thing that is hard is stopping your brain from producing thoughts and having a clear mind.

'Hats off to Buddha for achieving enlightenment because of having a clear mind.' Doflamingo thought to himself as he finally acquired authority over Tiamut.

'That's it? No sudden flash of light or something?' Doflamingo thought to himself before shrugging off and used his authority over Tiamut to make his energy compatible to be absorbed by him.

It didn't take long for him to change Tiamut's energy, making it capable for him to absorb.

Putting is hand over Tiamut's body, Doflamingo chanted a few words before a bunch of runes covered Tiamut's entire body.

The runes pulsed in light as it traveled from Tiamut's body to Doflamingo.

'This feeling. It's overwhelming!' Doflamingo opened his eyes in surprise as his body was beaming in energy. 

'Is this what the Celestials feel like every day? No wonder they become arrogant and call themselves gods.' Doflamingo thought to himself as he greedily absorbed Tiamut's energy.

As he did so, Tiamut's body slowly changed as his glowing golden body started to dim until it changed from gold to stone.

Meanwhile, Doflamingo's body was glowing in the same light as Tiamut's body earlier.

'Too much!' Doflamingo felt himself from exploding, so in order to make sure he won't explode, Doflamingo decided to create a few clones to carry some of the excess energy, lifting off a huge burden from him.

After creating at least 10 clones, Doflamingo finally sighed in relief.

'Ugh, I didn't think I would have to train my body just to absorb the rest of the energy.' Doflamingo thought of it as he manipulated the strings over his clones to go back to the Sanctuary.

[It's not like you're going to explode. You're just being delusional, though It's also good that you took the excess energy as your body is still adapting from the sudden burst of energy. You can wait for a few days before absorbing the excess energy because your Ring of Power would help your body to adapt quickly from it.]

"That sounds good." Doflamingo nodded his head and said before shifting his focus over what he is feeling right now.

'I feel strong. Too strong actually, I feel like I could lift a mountain of something, but I'm just probably exaggerating it.' Doflamingo said to himself as Truth's next words shocked him.

[Actually, you could lift a mountain.]

"Really!? I could? Damn, I can't imagine what would happen if I absorbed the rest of the energy. How strong would I be at that time?" Doflamingo said to himself and he can't wait for it to happen.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

8