Ch. 134 – Mercy
156 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Die!" Raising her necrosword above her head, Hela then smashed it down towards Odin's face as Odin closed his eyes as he didn't want to see the face of his killer, which is his own daughter.

If it was his enemy like Laufey, he wouldn't even dare to blink at the face of death since it is considered as a coward move when it comes to Gods like them.

Just as Odin closed his eyes, he awaited for the pain to register and he will soon eventually find himself in Valhalla, the place where he should find himself after death

However, even after waiting for a whole 10 seconds, Odin didn't feel anything and thought that he was killed swiftly and painlessly just to find out that the Necroswords has stopped a few inches right above his face.

"Killing you is a mercy. I want you to suffer!" After Hela spitted those words, she finally left the battlefield, leaving Odin with two protuding Necroswords on his body.

"Frigga was right. You have indeed gotten soft, just like me." As Odin muttered those words, Necrosword slashed right beside his neck, drawing a red line on his neck.

"Don't compare me to you." Hela growled as she commanded her Necrosword to fly back to her before leaving completely.

***

"I win." Doflamingo grinned as both Wanda and Natalya was forced to pay.

"You receive nothing Pietro. It's not allowed to bet on two people, so you're disqualified." Seeing that Pietro jumped in excitement, Doflamingo directly poured a cold water in his head.

Deflating his body, it was Wanda's turn to laugh at his suffering.

"Hahaha! No matter what you did, you always lose!" Wanda said while laughing continuously.

"I hate this." Pietro pouted and kicked off a pebble on the side before leaving through the open portal.

"I'm gonna go and greet her." Doflamingo said before phasing through the window in front of him.

He has just recently learned this magic from Frigga and he can't help but realize why neither Frigga and Loki uses this to escape death as it turns out that every second of entering the state depletes the mana reserves for an astronomical amount. He could guess that Loki and Frigga could only use this for atleast 5 seconds before passing out of mana exhaustion.

Still, perhaps the reason why they didn't use it in battle is because in their mind, having the higher mana reserves increases your chance of winning against your opponent.

Once you depleted your mana, then it's game over for you.

However, to Doflamingo. This technique is just right for him as he owns an entire Dimension filled with almost infinite energy and thanks to this, Doflamingo feels like he's Obito right now.

'Although it is good that it could bypass Physical objects and such but it can't phase through anything magic or energy related, so it's not that useful against beings like Celestials and such but from Thanos? He doesn't know anything about Thanos's weapon so he could just make a wild guess that it is just a sharp weapon made from Uru.

Now, there's also a chance that it is enchanted with rune magic or something so, maybe Thanos's sword can ignore his Phasing Magic.

However, that's just a wild guess so unless Thanos has an infinity stone, then Doflamingo could play with him for as long as he like.

Imagine putting markers on Thanos's face and he can't do shit to you. It's like trolling the final boss using cheats or mods.

***

Arriving at Hela's side, Doflamingo noticed the tears streaming down on his face so he didn't hesitate to hug her from behind.

"It's okay. Whatever your decision is, I'll always be on your side." Doflamingo reassured her as he patted and caressed her hair.

"Why? Why can't I kill him? The past me would have probably laughed at my weakness! I'm almost there! I could've stabbed his head and be done with all of this!" Tears continued streaming down on her face as Doflamingo responded.

"It's called changing my dear. You are changing for the better good and I'm sure your past self wouldn't laugh at you but instead, she would be envious you. Because unlike her, she still can't move on from the past but you, you're slowly moving on and I can see why. It's because of love." Doflamingo then faced Hela as he lift up her chin and gave her a deep kiss.

*Chu!*

"Let's go home. I'm sure your mother would be proud of you." Doflamigno said as he opened a portal that leads to Frigga's location, who has been pacing back and forth at the balcony.

Seeing the portal opening and Hela coming out of it. Frigga immediately sighed in relief and hugged her. However, inside her heart she was also sad as she knew that Hela must've successfully killed her own father.

But nonetheless, she wouldn't put the blame on Hela, she knew it is the only way for her to be at peace.

After giving Hela a deep hug which was reciprocated by her, Frigga turned her attention to Doflamigno who gestures her to enter the portal.

Not knowing why, perhaps he wanted her to see her husband's corpse?

But, she still entered the portal out of curiosity.

As she walked through the land, she saw a glimpse of Odin, lying on the ground with his pool of blood.

Frigga immediately ran up to him and realized that Hela spared Odin!

"Odin!" She knelt on the ground and started healing Odin as he coughed up some blood.

"I only have 2 days left to live. I want to repay for my sins." While coughing up some blood, Odin still managed to utter some words.

"How?"

"I will make Hela's name resound across the universe once again and give her what is rightfully hers. I was wrong at the start. I should've stayed and educated her like a father but instead, I treated her as a monster that cannot be stopped. Today, I realized that I'm still the same naive person back then. I didn't become a wise man but became a fool." Odin's vision blurred as for the first time in a hundred years, he finally cried.

"I want to make it up with her."

"What about Thor? He's waiting to become the king of Asgard."

"I'm sure Thor would've understand. And besides, does he still carry that hammer." Odin asked as Frigga nodded her head.

"Then he's not yet worthy to be a king. When I became a King after my father's death, I only use my my abilities instead of relying on any weapon."

"You should rest now."

***

"Director. We have found Ulysses Klaue's body by the shore and it looks like half of his head was cut of vertically." Maria Hill reported as Nick Fury listened to her with his hand behind his back.

"So, he finally moved huh?" Nick Fury said to himself with unknown thoughts running on his mind.

"What about Rick? Is he also dead?"

"No, Director. He has gone off of our radar along with his daughter and her husband. We've been tracking them as we speak."

"Don't. Leave them alone." Nick Fury immediately issued the order. He's afraid that if Doflamingo discovers that Shield has been snooping around anything related to him, he's afraid that they might incur his wrath.

"I understand. We also received some reports that the United Nations seemed to have started a project, specifically a weapon project."

"What project?"

"They call it the Sentinel Project. It was designed as a failsafe just in case the Avengers would go rogue, or as they said it was."

[A/N: Don't worry it's not related to the Sentinel in the X-Men universe, though it's quite a bit similar except that it is only designed to take Authority over the Supers.]

"What the fuck? Have they gone insane?" Nick Fury can't& help but curse loudly as he rubbed his temples in anger.

"It seems like the leaders has grown wary of the likes of Thor and Doflamingo, which is why they wanted to control them. They must've thought that they're a threat to the world." Maria Hill gave her own opinion as Nick Fury replied.

"Fuck them! They're the ones that are dangerous to the world! Set me up a meeting with the leaders, I'll knock some sense to those bastards." As Nick Fury goes on, he kept on cursing all the politicians and their ancestors, making Maria Hill sweat at the Director's reaction.

"Is it about Doflamingo? I read in the file that you consider him as the strongest being in the planet."

"God damn he is! Have you ever seen someone sit on top of a nuke and went out of space before coming back alive as if nothing happened? Don't get me started on his portal thingies as with those abilities he could just steal and drop a nuke on our asses without knowing how. However, he might sound dangerous but I know that he isn't a threat to the planet. He said it himself, if he destroyed earth, then where would he live?" 

At first, Maria feel like Nick was just exaggerating but seeing the serious look on his face, Maria Hill finally realized why Nick Fury has always insisted on becoming Doflamingo's allies instead of becoming an enemy.

"Do you even want me to mention his unknown family? I don't know anything about it but I know that whoever his family is, they aren't normal!" Nick Fury ended with a slam on the table.

"Also, call Phil and tell him to tell Doflamingo about the Sentinel Project. We should curry as much favors from him as possible."

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

7