Ch. 144 – The world shall know pain!
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Matilda PoV, a few hours earlier.]

I was just doing my patrol as usual when my senses suddenly picked up a womanly scream at an abandoned warehouse.

"Sigh, seriously. Another rape attempt again? This is the 5th time this day, can't men keep it in their pants?" After issuing a complaint to literally no one, I flew towards the noise and arrived at the abandoned warehouse. What's unusual about this warehouse is because it's too far away from the city. It's like it is built here on purpose.

As usual, I spread my senses throughout the entire warehouse however, I didn't sense a single life Inside except for a few metallic things that stood out in such an empty warehouse.

"Is someone building a robot here or something?" I muttered before walking inside and was met with 5 tall metallic robots that seems to come out of a sci-fi movie.

"That's cool! Maybe I should make one for Alice?" I said out loud as suddenly, one of the robots came to life.

My cautiousness instantly went to peak as the rest of the robots came to life and started attacking me.

'What's with these robots?' I said to myself as I telekinetically lifted myself and used telekinesis to smash one of the robots into a small ball of scrap.

"At least they're weak." I muttered and noticed that the other 4 robots suddenly changed a bit, their skin became more metallic and robust.

"Huh?" I muttered in surprise as one of the robots managed to catch me in surprise and launched a fiery beam towards me.

Fortunately, my suit was runed to cast a telekinetic shield whenever I'm in danger.

'That was close.' I mentally swiped my sweat as I used my own telekinetic barrier to block the other robot's fiery beam.

"Have a taste of your own medicine!" I yelled in vigor as I telekinetically manipulated the direction of the 4 fiery beams towards one of the robots.

*Ziimm!*

The mix of 4 fiery beams managed to blow the head off the robot.

Now, it was only down to 3.

"Fighting these guys is too easy." I chuckled in arrogance as I used my telekinesis to destroy the rest of the robots like what I did to the first robot. However, I noticed that the robots only stopped in their tracks and its bodies seemed to be resisting her telekinetic pressure.

"What the?-." I didn't managed to finish my sentence when one of the robots managed to grab a hold of me and smashed me on the concrete.

*Boom!*

"Fuck, that hurts!" I felt pain for the first time.

*Ziim!*

Suddenly, another fiery beam was headed towards me.

"Oh no, you don't!" I yelled as I redirected the beam towards the other robot however, what happened next surprised me greatly as the beam turned ineffective.

'It's immune? But it worked earlier? Maybe each robot has different kind of defenses or....they adapt.' A realization came to my mind as there's only one thing that came in my mind.

That is to run!

This is clearly a trap and these robots were made to deal with her!

I stood up and floated myself before attempting to escape through the hole of the ceiling.

However, I was too late as one of the robot's hand suddenly turned into a sharp object that is headed towards me.

I tried to intercept it with my telekinetic barrier which succeeded however, the other robot's didn't stay idle.

The other robot also did the same and I blocked it.

Unfortunately, their force are too strong and I cannot simply form another barrier to protect myself.

So seeing the other robot's sharp hand, there's only one thought that appeared in my mind.

'No! I can't die here! Doffy and the others are in danger!'

However, it was already too late as my vision darkened slowly and I felt my strength escaping my body, rendering me unable to move.

It only took me a moment to realize that I was dying.

'Doffy....I'm sorry but....I won't be able to make it....I'm sorry.' 

***

(Back to present)

"What did you say?" Suddenly, the temperature around the room decreased greatly.

This only lasted for a second before it disappeared. However, the same can't be said to Doflamingo's expression.

Perhaps only the Ancient One has felt the sudden cold and can't help but feel bad to those who killed Matilda.

"Who did it?" Doflamingo asked while staring at the eyes of Ancient One.

The Ancient One could feel the fiery anger burning on Doflamingo's eyes, it was as if he was directly staring at her soul and burning it slightly.

"The Government has invested in a project called Sentinel Project, which is a project to control people who are either special or has powers by creating an existence that they cannot fight. Their main objectives are the Avengers and your family." Ancient One said before continuing.

"You should go and see for yourself. It has caused quite a lot of chaos on Earth." The Ancient One said before leaving the room.

Meanwhile, veins started forming on Doflamingo's face as a heavy pressure started forming in the room.

Seeing the uncomfortable face of Hela and Yggdrasil, Doflamingo opened a portal to Earth and quickly entered.

***

Back on Earth, a meeting was taking place inside a dimly lit room.

"Have you found his location?" One of the people sitting on the chair spoke first.

"Not yet, but we're already searching for his base. Perhaps we'll find him there. Luckily, our trap on Momentum worked. I didn't expect her identity to be Doflamingo's assistant. Good thing we hid this mission from Shield, or else her father would cause us some trouble."

"It cost us 2 Sentinels just to kill her! And 3 critically damaged Sentinels, that's billions of dollars just for a single woman!" A guy reacted violently.

"Money doesn't matter to us. Maybe you're already forgetting who we are? Especially me?" An old man that is almost around 70 years old arrogantly said.

"That's enough, Rothschild. He's new here." Another guy said.

"Just build a new batch of Sentinels after and hunt every Avenger along with those who have powers! The master has given us hope. As long as we eliminate them, he will give us the secret to immortality, like what he promised." Rothschild said with pure fascination in his face.

"Yes, the technology that he holds is far more advanced than we have ever seen, even the Sentinels Project was taught to us by him! With his guide, the world will be ours! And those pesky people will be eliminated!"

"Good. Proceed with the next on the list. Spiderman! He's the easiest one to handle."

[A/N: The master is not an OC, it's actually a character in marvel that even the Sorcerer Supreme was having trouble fighting.]

***

Walking back to the base, Doflamingo was immediately met with Alice's worried voice.

[Master! Something bad happened!]

"I already know it, Alice. Have you found the suspects?"

[I already did, it's just that when I tried to hack one of them, their defenses were too strong. I was not only defeated but also injured.]

"Hack? What do you mean by hack? Who were the ones who killed her?" With anger still lingering on his face, Doflamingo asked Alice since he's a bit confused.

[Yes, master. The ones who killed Matilda aren't humans or beings but instead, are a bunch of robots that could adapt to their environments.] Alice said then she showed him a hologram showing what the attackers look like.

"These are Sentinels..." Doflamingo muttered in shock. 

'What is this? Is this universe a mix of MCU and Mutants? But that's impossible, I made sure to search up some mutants and nothing came out. I also searched for Bolivar Trask but he doesn't exist in this world. Then how come there's a Sentinel in this universe?' Doflamingo's mind started running in its maximum capacity, trying to figure out about his current circumstance.

'Perhaps there's another Reincarnator out there just like me? And decided to work in the shadows?' Doflamingo kept contemplating and so far, this thought is the most practical one out of the rest.

However, this is just Doflamingo's speculation so unless he sees it for himself, Doflamingo would rather believe that it is not true. One of the enemies that he feared is another Reincarnator, possibly being gifted just like he is. Not to mention, they know when something is out of place in the world, because they have the knowledge for it.

"Do you know who are the ones behind these Sentinels?" Doflamingo asked Alice however, her answer disappointed him.

[I'm sorry master, but they have a cloaking device and I can't hack into them, so the moment they finished Matilda, they cloaked themselves and escaped.]

At this point, Doflamingo was already fuming in anger.

He has been reckless. He thought that no one on Earth could endanger him or his family. However, it turns out, there is someone out there, already plotting something against him.

[If I may, Master. Perhaps you should go to Shield. I read one of their folders that has a similar name on their servers but unfortunately, it's empty, so perhaps the Director, Nick Fury would know something about it.]

"Nick Fury?" Doflamingo raised his eyebrow.

'If Nick Fury is the one behind this, then he won't be as reckless as putting something like that in one of his servers considering how cautious he is. So, there's a possibility that he's innocent in this but perhaps he knows something.' Doflamingo thought to himself as he said.

"Good, keep watch on these Sentinels. Also, call the other members. This world shall know pain!"

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

.

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 145 - The Illuminati]

2